Can someone please tell me why this isn't generally accepted as Sup Forumscore?

Can someone please tell me why this isn't generally accepted as Sup Forumscore?

Because no one actually enjoys it
It's basically just a poser album

Because it's too popular

It's that album people mainly worship here, and really anywhere else, because of its influence. Due to lackluster songwriting/composition, it doesn't have that much power on repeat listens. There'll be an influx of posters who will deny what I say by talking about how catchy some of the tracks are or how they still listen to Heroin when post-rock has already done that idea so much better, but really that's not the indication of great songwriting/composition, just innovation.

This

Yeah, you guys aren't experts. You probably listened to the album once, went "oh wow so ahead of its time," then just stuck to it for the catchy pop ditties and Heroin. As their worth as catchy pop ditties they are no different from radio shit, and again, Heroin's been surpassed by other bands/musicians.

too well known and respected

bananas aren't a very Sup Forums fruit

It's one thing to not like a "classic" album, but it's another to claim that everyone else likes it for disingenuous or shallow reasons without even explaining what do you don't like about it.

How about you actually tell us how the songwriting is lackluster other than "I find it boring"?

well scaruffi thinks it's genius and he's much more of an expert than you

But Venus In Furs

It's at the very top of the new chart though?

It was my understanding that it was Sup Forumscore

so far you have said "the songwriting and composition are lackluster" and "heroin has been surpassed

do you know what that's worth? fucking nothing

Cunts talking shit like they are smart
The album is one of the greatest albums if all time. The songs are all incredibly raw, both by the production and the overall rebeliousness from each member of the band. They convey feelings of genuine drug addiction, excess and jaded attitude that no other album in the history of rock could achieve, or at least in the same way they did. Every rock artist is to some extent a copy of TVU. It is also amazing how the songs managed to age like wine. There is something about an almost Noise Rock album with a '67 production that is incredibly appealing and lovely. If you dislike this album then i guess it's your opinion and all but to oversimplify the actual importance of this album is a sin

IMO the greatest album of all time and fuck those that disagree.

Bold

>an expert
>on music
So he's heard everything already then?

But it is. Fuck huge musical influence to plenty of bands, but is actually something forgetable if you ignore its alleged importance.

Heroin is shit tho' and the lyrics and structure become cringeworthy after the first listen.

I enjoyed it a few months ago then someone pointed out that nico sounds like Lou reed doing a gay voice.

Man I think it's genius too but that's a weak argument scaruffi is a useless tool