Wildflower is the SILY of its time

I did not listen to Since I Left You when it came out. I have since and I really, really like it. It's hype and it definitely does not really slow down.

Wildflower is not like that. It has some mellow sections that you would never find on SILY. This is album is extremely psychedelic, a genre that is becoming increasingly more in vogue. I admittedly listen to a lot of this style of music whether it be from the 60s or a lot of the more recent stuff.

When Since I Left You was released, I am to understand that people got extremely hype because it was certainly original and different but it simultaneously captured the zeitgeist of music at the time of its release. I firmly believe that is exactly what Wildflower accomplished. The release of the album was perfectly timed and now it shines as one of the most cohesive works of the "Psychedelic New Wave."

I'm hype on it is all.

You know why I pulled you over, right?

I feel this way too. This album is gonna age well as music changes in the next ten years or so.

it's bad

I mean SILY still sounds incredible. Listening to it right now by coincidence.

Did anyone else hear some police/minority relations themes popping up? In some of the samples and the lyrics on live a lifetime love. It seems pretty out of place on such a cheery album but at least it was kept subtle

Live a Lifetime Love into Park Music induces such a relaxing vibe.

I'm glad you brought that up. Do you think that the cop hears the girl saying they're having a good time and so he wants to party so he completes the Wild Thing lyric?

None of the tracks surpass Live at Dominoes

We have a couple of...WILD ONES

Harmony surpasses everything on since I left you

>it's a "OP thinks he's a music reviewer and his opinions are relevant" thread

>It's an "user forgot that the point of this board is to actually discuss music" thread

I have lurked on Sup Forums for five years now. I'm not bragging, I know tons have been here longer. This is the first time I have ever created a thread on this board and I expected a lot worse than this.

UMMM UMMM EXCUSE UMM

I mean, I'm sitting in my treehouse with a cup of coffee and then I'm avalanchin

My enjoyment of this album significantly increases every time I listen to it. When people say continuous listens of Avalanches music will allow to hear more and more little details, they're right. My current go-to when I'm on the run is Livin Underwater + Wozard of Iz.

There seems to be some dislike of that don't, but I think it's one of the richest in the album sample wise. That "excuse me" hook is infectious

*that song
Damn it

SAME. Don't forget Park Music

That entire chain starting from Harmony is gold.

I never realized how many apologists there were in the Avalanches fanbase until this album came out. Daily threads along the lines of 'I-it's gonna age well and be a classic just like SILY'. Fuck off with that shit. If you like it I'm happy for you but for the love of God enough of these desperate self justification threads

This.

I just actually like it. SILY is alright but Wildflower is mint.

OFF HIS ROCKER

HE'S OFF HIS ROCKER

My only gripe with this album were the featured musicians. The best tracks on here were the ones that were straight, pure, raw sampling skill.