This album is so fucking dark it honestly makes me laugh

This album is so fucking dark it honestly makes me laugh.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!3NFxDZqS!pEN-WNljOtI3NT_GSfRqXg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What? That is such a non-sequitur.

Why? Do you think it's cartoonishly dark? Out of nervousness?

It's not dark it's just edgy camp
Lydia Lunch & Michael Gira's collab is pretty cringe for how edgy it is, just so tryhard

Anybody got the zip?

Why do millenials refer to anything remotely dark as "edgy" and "try-hard" it just comes off as a childish autistic attempt to seem mature.

>he takes Swans seriously

>i don't like it, so i'll call it "edgy"

I'm not even talking about Swans I've seen everything even remotely dark called "edgy." What the fuck is wrong with you people?

Oh is that why? It's just beau xe hey can't think of any actual critisms so they resort it buzzwords? That makes a lot of sense.

*because they

>all encompassing milennial boogeyman
Fuck outta here

Edgy != bad

It's a fantastic album, probably the best from that decade. I haven't heard anything from the 90's as ambitious and creative. It's not "dark and edgy", it's just legitimately unsettling at times, especially when you go from a lush soundscape to an abrasive Jarboe track. If you don't like this album after a few listens, you really don't have any taste and should leave this board immediately..

Yes, anything that's dark or experimental is always labeled as, "edgy" because somebody doesn't like it.

>makes an agreeable argument
>ends it with FUCKING NORMIES LEAVE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE rant
I love the album, it's one of my favourites, but I'm not gonna act like it's something everyone can enjoy.

I'll admit that was wrong, but seriously it's like art isn't allowed to be dark any more without some pretentious snob calling it "edgy" or "tryhard." Jesus what the fuck happened.

Volcano is one of the most unsettling tracks I have ever heard

No, it's one of the few albums that I can't even defend.

go back to your safe p4k approved and formulaic indie pop garbage

Everyone knows that you are fucked up

It's a backlash against some of the more overly dark and actually "edgy" stuff that has been going around, not just in music, but in art in general.

The weird thing is that it doesn't seem to be working, there's still a lot of tryhard stuff out there and all the criticism hasn't dampened it.

Yes. Seriously, anything they people here don't like that has any amount of emotion or dark atmosphere, they just call edgy. It's stupid

Edgy and dark aren't the same thing
Swans isn't dark, they're campy horror movie music

Why do you think that?

>being this new

mega.nz/#F!3NFxDZqS!pEN-WNljOtI3NT_GSfRqXg
its under mu core

>there's still a lot of tryhard stuff out there
that is a good thing

I know what you mean OP. I feel the same way about Swans. Like, yeah I get it it's intentionally trying to make the listener feel uncomfortable and unsafe, but every time I listen to them I can't forget that what I'm listening to is just music and I burst out laughing

It's a 10/10 album, if you don't eventually come around to it, you can't really appreciate music very well. I used to hate it, but after a while it has become my favorite album.

three words in the human language: good fucking lord

>but every time I listen to them I can't forget that what I'm listening to is just music

So a piece of art that actually manages to achieve its goals shouldn't be taken seriously anyway because it's "just" a piece of art? What the fuck?

I got into Swans recently but never listened to it because I can't stream it(yeah I know)

I'll have to give it download, probably buy it if I love it

whats the encryption key?

How's that autism going user?

why do you even listen to music then

HUR DUR