I just got into Kanye last week because I like his shoes (honestly) and Yeezus is my favorite album of his right now

I just got into Kanye last week because I like his shoes (honestly) and Yeezus is my favorite album of his right now.
Now I read that it's considered one of his worst.
Am I being memed or is Sup Forumss taste just shit?

Hold my Liquor is one of the comfiest tracks of him that I've heard,. Not trolling.

8/10 album with some weak lyrics imo but otherwise really fun experimental album, ignore the deathgrips fanboys who says otherwise and i like deathgrips myself

Its one of the more controversial albums on Sup Forums. People either think its fun and great experimental album, others think it lacks the grace or rawness of other experimental hip hop albums like Shabazz palaces or Death Grips

I loved this album at first, but with each listen it loved it less, complete opposite to other Kanye albums

So is it one of the "it's too popular so fans dislike it" albums?

Also which other albums would I enjoy? I gave the dark twisted fantasy and 808 album a listen but nothing stuck.

>So is it one of the "it's too popular so fans dislike it" albums?
No. MBDTF is far more popular and that album is Sup Forumscore.

>So is it one of the "it's too popular so fans dislike it" albums?
Work on the comprehension

>Also which other albums would I enjoy? I gave the dark twisted fantasy and 808 album a listen but nothing stuck
You listen to Death Grips.

One of my least favorites. The sounds are experimental and weird, sure, but the songs themselves feel painfully repetitive, and the lyrical substance is almost as shallow as on Graduation. I just get bored listening to this album.

That said, I still like Blood On The Leaves, and Black Skinhead is a really dope workout song.

>1 listen

for fucks sake people stop doing this

Listen to The College Dropout and Late Registration, then maybe MBDTF again. If nothing still sticks, then maybe Kanye isn't really your thing and you should probably listen to Death Grips or something similar.

I got into Kanye myself a few years ago when Yeezus had just came out.

Yet I thought it was one of his worse albums when I listened to the rest of his work. College Dropout was probably my favorite at first listen.

I also had the same thoughts as you with MBDTF, but the more I listened to that one, the more it grew on me.

Absolutely hated it at first but after I kept on listening I came to like it more. It's not a bad album but it was quite disappointing when it first came out. Waitibg for his next album to drop and to finally hear it, only to find out it sounded very little like the Kanye I know. I think at first the only songs I liked were Bound 2 and Black Skinhead. I have it up after a while but I heard Blood on the Leaves on shuffle and went right back to the album and found myself liking it a lot more. Now I would consider it a 7/10.
Too bad the same can't be said about TLOP, just sounds like generic nig rap.

yeezus is still my favorite album. i can honestly just listen to it front to back anyday.
the hate is either from backpackers who miss the "old" kanye
and people who think death grips invented industrial hip hop

yeah that's true but it's not like other kanye albums have good lyrics

>I just got into Kanye last week because I like his shoes
seriously? nobody is going to say anything about this? god kanye fans are such clueless plebs

Kill yourself

how does it feel being this clueless

808s is his best, and if robocop or paranoid don't stick, you should take a course in melody.

>nig rap
>ultralightbeems
off yourself faggot

>the hate is either from backpackers who miss the "old" kanye
>and people who think death grips invented industrial hip hop
strong co-sign

Moshing to Blood on the Leaves is still one of the greatest concert experiences of my life.

Yeezus is a certified mu classic