How the fuck did he do it?

How the fuck did he do it?

How the FUCK did he do it?

desu, bros, i dont know. he seems like a fucking idiot, but that doesnt seem to stop him from making certified bangerz year after years. it's not fucking fair.

>be musician
>be inspired to make the best album ever
the result is a really good album

He paid a bunch of people to write and produce for him, then took all the credit.

HOW the fuck did he do it?

literally this

HOW

THE

fuck

DID

HE

DO

IT

?

he wasn't as comfortable before as opposed to after

If you want a serious answer: tragedy and years of introspection

>2007: Kanye gets nigger rich, Graduation blows up, decides to pay for his mom's plastic surgery
>doc fucks up, kills his mother, Kanye blames himself
>his gf since before College Dropout cheats on him and denies his proposal to marry him
>2008, at his lowest, makes 808s and Heartbreaks, its a far cry from the pop sound of Graduation, 808s bombs
>constantly drunk and making an ass out of himself (see short film by spike Jonze)
>infamous T Swift incident, media immediately wrecks his image
>goes into hiding for 3 years in multiple countries, goes back to doing what he knows how to do best
>works with some of the best musicians in the game in a giant mansion in Hawaii, literally isolating himself from all the other bullshit

And boom, an instant classic is made.

Interesting. I thought his mother's death had an impact on MBDTF. Didn't know she died a few years earlier.

808s didn't bomb. It was still went number one. It was not as well received as his others. Also, best musicians, really?

It's main impact was on 808s, but obviously it still weighs pretty heavily on him as you can tell from songs like Only One.

Ok it bombed critically, but whatever.

And yeah some of the best producers and artists of the time had a part in making it, not just the major names on the ballot.

Oh I'm crying now

Kanye...Kanye had a hard life.

I don't get what's so good about this album DESU

About this album to be honest*

Khaled, Jay Z, Dre, Beyonce, and basically every rich music celebrity would have released a masterpiece by now if it was that easy.
I agree he is more of an art director than a musician by this point, but he seems to be a damn good one (or at least, used to be).

Kendrick managed to do it twice, so it's still possible.

Kendrick didn't have a lot of money when he made GKMC, and even when he made TPAB he didn't have half the money the names I mentioned have. If anything, Kendrick is an example of someone who managed to direct great music clearly because of his talent.

Holy shit, just watching the Spike Jonze film now. Kanye's acting in it is solid. Also he actually looks damn good with his old 808 hair/look.

Damn, Kanye.

Crippling insecurities.

After 808s being disappointing, the South Park episode, the Taylor thing and generally everyone just thinking it's cool to shit on him his ego absolutely couldn't handle it and he set out to make this.

listen to it in the context of the canon of all of pop music and the Zeitgeist of the late 00s/early 2010s knowing that half of the singles on the album were highly commercial successful on their own despite and also consider the level of production experimentation in comparison to other artists in pop-music at the time. Also it helps to consider Kanye West as not a rapper, but as a music auteur, much like a film auteur. He compiled this album to ensure that this album a true expression of his personality, his thoughts and darkest fantasies. A level of authenticity and intimacy rarely seen in commercial project. Not to mention me managed to harness and curate some of the best work ever done from the collaborators on the album. This album will be forever remembered and will soon come to being consistently pointed to as the most significant albums of our generation and the canon of music.

>be second coming of jesus
>make album
pretty simple dude,aint the first or last time he did it