youtube.com/watch?v=mCWhLUtCVXc
youtu.be/FsLW-fnUd5I
youtube.com/watch?v=nC0QUrya3eA
youtu.be/GvIFC872VFM?t=17m29s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

one of the greats

Chad Wackerman.
youtu.be/66BaISKDkpI
It's like his drums are singing... It's unbelievable.

robert wyatt

Muh dick

vinnie colaiuta !

Stewart Copeland

Sean Reinhart or Gene Hoglan, I can't decide.

Brann Dailor

I would hate to he his roadie and have to set up that monster of a drumkit every night. Great drummer though.

Roland from Big Black

Han Bennink

Toss up
Eric Harland
Brian Blade
Greg Saunier
Damon Che
and Bill Bruford

I'm gonna give all these people a listen

heather lewis

Meg White

Terry Bozzio

Yeah. Godflesh's drummer is pretty good too.

I looked them up and it said the had a drum machine

No

------------------------------------------>the joke
Your head

Nick Cannon

Embarrassing.

What's embarrassing? If anybody can play that set it's fuckin' Bozzio.

yeah he's an absolute monster, his live shit with holdsworth is great too. and with zappa

Elvin Jones
Art Blakey
Drumbo
Max Roach
Robert Wyatt
Zach Hill

Why are there so few female drummers? Is it because they're all physically weaker than men/less creative musically?

Our society tells women to be cute and that to be succesful you must be cute and drumming up a sweat is not cute. Putting women in the back is also not succesful marketing usually

On another note, Shelia E

On another, go fuck yourself

Oh so it's societies fault your bad at playing music. Got it.

No, there's a ton I've seen on the Internet. It probably just been more dominated by men

>society and culture tells people not to do X
>surprised when famous people aren't doing X

Back to Sup Forums

>Society dictates what I do

Typical woman, shifting the blame to take the scent off of her own mediocrity.

Society dictates what everyone does

It's why you as a white 16-24 year old male are posting on this board feeling knowledgeable about music

Biology also dictates what we do. Women are different from men. There's a reason so few women are inventors, scientists, musicians. They're very passive and lack ambition.

Why bother talking to you when i know youve never read any feminist lit or anything

Shakespeare's sister bucko

>feminist lit

Because muh feelings and self-victimization bullshit are a waste of time.

Women are allowed the same opportunities as men are, yet the industries that are changing society and inventing new products like engineering, hard sciences, and tech are all dominated by men. Most musicians are also men. This is due to the simple fact that men have to work to get ahead in society, while women can just sit back and wait for a man to sweep her off of her feet and shower her in allowance money.

herhhehehehhehehrhrhrhhehrhrhhehehehehehhehehrhhrhehehehehhrhehrhhehhehehehehehheehhehehehhehehehhehehehhehehehehhehehhehhhhehehehhehehhehehe

You just confirmed you don't read what you so arsently stand against, so no one will take you seriously you squat fuck

Good taste user

ROFL

lol

You're definitely a butthurt woman, I can tell by the way you type

ayy

Stop replying to your own post

Das cool mane

kekkers

>Our society tells women
No one is telling them anything.

muh sides

>white 16-24 year old male
Oh please. Get the fuck off Sup Forums and go back to tumblr you fuckhole.

>Good taste user
Thank you.

Stop that

Through media and other methods of communication, it's pretty established from all sides on what is expected from people

This is Sup Forums, it's tumblr lite. This board needs a blanket ban on women.

>actually thinking this board has much of anything that isn't white teenage boys confused why girls dont ljke them for liking such cool music

No one is telling you to consume media and use different methods of communication.

>social shaming
>they must not get laid :p

classic female 'arguing' tactic

one of my good friends is gene's brother-in-law. i got to hang out with him a few times at this small studio in california he's a nice guy.

Go back to your mental illness hugbox, hole.

Kids sure have a lot of power over the things they get in mass media that their parents like fools expose them to

Come on now. Stop being so tryhard

There's no shaming going on here, just stating a fact. Why do you think there had to be made a sticky just to point out that feels threads don't belong here?

Whatever you say, now go make me a sandwich bitch.

>Kids sure have a lot of power over the things they get in mass media that their parents like fools expose them to
Kids don't automatically like everything there parents give them and no one is telling that kids parents what to buy.

If you see a message regularly, it gets embedded in a person. This holds especially for younger, less developed minds.

Why do you think people who browse Sup Forums buy into the garbage they say over there?

Do you really just think all people are singular entities living beyond everything?

>the things they get in mass media
>message
For example?

>Why do you think people who browse Sup Forums buy into the garbage they say over there?
You've never been to Sup Forums. Not everyone who questions something you believe in is a bigot.

>Do you really just think all people are singular entities living beyond everything?
Never said that I did.

cringe

if you're interested in hearing an opinion that is not in alignment with your own (i doubt it), here is a really interesting presentation on the biological differences between the sexes
youtube.com/watch?v=_mYeZ9by-eM
when you survey literally all of the awesome masters (classically and contemporarily) of every artform or science or what have you and realize that the vast majority of them are men then there might be something other than "society's influence" on it
feminist whatever has it's proper time and place, but it's not an explanation as to why women (as a whole) suck at making great music

can we go back to discussing drummers please

Tell that to the cunt.

i don't know who the "cunt" is i'm just replying to a bunch of posts from your fucking shitty ass argument/debate/discussion/whatever the fuck

Dumb r9k kids with no taste in drummers have bad opinions, who knew

Anyway, like I said, i'm really hurting to find better jazz drummers than Blakey and Elvin Jones.

I want Billy Cobham to be more insane but the shitty fusion he makes is pain

Objectively best

Bill Bruford probably tops all entries in my top 5 drum licks and riffs.

Underrated

their skirts get lifted when its windy so its harder for them

What makes a good drummer?

I find it hard to tell most of the time, because i don't play drums. Like i know some of it's good, when they play more complex rythms and I can tell when a drum solo is good, but in music where percussion isn't a driving point I really can't tell.

Anyway some of the ones that come to mind for me are Jaki liebezeit from can, Damon Che from don cabbalero and art blakey

imo females just aren't made for drumming, just like they aren't made to compete physically with men, because they are just genetically inferior in that regard. There are a few good female drummers yes, but for every good female drummer there are much better male drummers. Also for some reason they just look awkward when they drum. I love drumming and women but when I see them drum it's a huge turnoff for me

fucking baby boomer slime

pay homage to the king
>pic related

only other legitimate contender in this thread

fucking kek'd

>the media tells women they can't do certain things!
>there's no laws or anything that says women CAN'T do certain things unless you live in a shithole dogmatic country
it's about mental fortitude babe. if you put your mind to something you want to do, you can just go do it and try your best. Women are unfortunately mentally weak and they can't do something because a branch of work or something is "man dominated"

>Art Blakey
>Max Roach
I played a Max Roach drum solo for my audition for the jazz band at my uni, fun shit man.

drumbo is pretty rarely in the discussion of great drummers, but he really is unbelievable.

>Purdie
Hell yeah

Drumbo is amazing. One of his highlights IMO is around the 1:50 mark on Sugar and Spikes

youtube.com/watch?v=Js_iCPkICRQ

>not his performance on Big Eyed Beans from Venus

Every moment of that track's drumming js perfection

the dudes from the following bands:

converge

the band

oxbow

shellac

daughters

also, zach hill, buddy guy, Brendan Canty

Robert Wyatt, followed closely by Jaki Liebezeit.

>Josh Block

Everything he laid down with White Denim was the perfect blend of what I aspire to do.

Dale Crover

>tfw Dave Grohl was right

youtube.com/watch?v=ovHYSWYpQCs

youtube.com/watch?v=mCWhLUtCVXc

drums don't take much physical strength at all
it's not like sports
youtu.be/FsLW-fnUd5I
there are a few DCI drummers out there who are girls and probably have more chops than 85% of drumset players
I think women just aren't as susceptible to the whole "EPIC 400BPM BLAST BEAT ART VERDI WORLD'S FASTEST DRUMMER POLYRHYTHM 420" machismo so you don't tend to see as many women who can do that kind of thing, and from what I've seen most of the drummers that are posted in these threads either tend to be chop blasters or the generic groove memedrummers like Bernard Purdie that everyone claims to like

Zach Hill or Bruford from King Crimson

youtube.com/watch?v=nC0QUrya3eA

John Dolmayan

There's something about the way Billy Martin grooves that I just dig like crazy.
youtu.be/GvIFC872VFM?t=17m29s
(17:30 if the link fucks up)

Danny

I mean if I get to a point when I can do stuff like this I'd be very happy, I just started drumming kinda late and whenever I see people with speed, power and control it just really cool

>iuta !
catholic giiiiirrls

Oh shit. Band nerd showed up to school us.