David bowie good or just a memevid memewie?

david bowie good or just a memevid memewie?

People need to stop asking if "X is good or a meme." Being a meme is completely unrelated to the quality of your music.

Meme school/10

T H I S

I think as soon as people say the word meme they have lost all credibility in any music discussion

Then you're stupid.

>an element of a culture or system of behaviour passed from one individual to another by imitation or other non-genetic means.
If you don't see how this could apply to the popularity of an artist or even their own artistic decisions, I don't know what to tell you.

>>an element of a culture or system of behaviour passed from one individual to another by imitation or other non-genetic means.
I know that this is the original meaning. However, this is not how meme has ever been used on here.

I 200% agree. But the word is so fucking over used anyway. Literally anything is a "meme" these days

What else could it possibly mean in this context?

Kill yourself. Learn to speak without internet terminology you man child.

Overrated as fuck
Only a few decent albums and the rest is shit

>Learn to speak without internet terminology
>you man child.
Learn to converse without telling people to commit suicide when you can't debate one of their points.

memes are a joke

Nothing. The word is over used beyond belief. Just stop using it period. I pretty much dismiss anyone who uses the words "meme" or "cuck". I know I'm not the only one. It makes you look like a fat immature man child incapable of decent conversation.

You're a meme bruh
you cuck nu-male fagtano drone

Again, it seems the only one not capable of decent conversation is you. Remember that you and I both came into a thread with meme in the title. If you don't want to discuss it, why are you here?

I'm not even the OP. The word is far too over used. Don't like something? Call it a meme. Anything remotely popular? Call it a meme. Can't discuss something normally? Call it a meme.

newfag detected
lurk more or go back to plebbit

Been here 8 years. Okay user though. If that's how you feel.

I didn't say you were the OP. I think it's rather telling that your only response to a word being over-used is to get rid of it completely, instead of attempting to find meaning in it or promote better usage.

In this day and age, meme can be a very useful word. I would find it hard to discuss, for example, Death Grips without using the word or something to the same effect. I agree that it has little relevance to David Bowie, however.

Why? Are you incapable of having a discussion without the word? Maybe in your little Sup Forums world you feel the need to use the word to excess but if you unironically used the word meme in real life to describe a band I'd mock you.

Nothing about Death Grips is a meme. Only things surrounding it like Jenny Death. Not the band itself.

>Are you incapable of having a discussion without the word?
No, like I said, I could use the word, or say something longer to the same effect, Their sense of humour, interaction with fans (and vice versa) and even some of their lyrical content very much follows the pattern of a meme, or a humorous cultural phenomena rapidly passed through repetition to the point of ubiquity. Note their VR games and reference to past songs in their lyrics, as well as their guerilla marketing on places like Sup Forums.

>if you unironically used the word meme in real life to describe a band I'd mock you
I said to "discuss" the band, not describe it. Discussion usually involves things surrounding the band, their actions and the content they have created. Ironically, you seem to dislike the word "meme" because people use it simply to mock things they don't like, but that's exactly what you're saying you would do right now. It's not the word that's the problem, it's the attitude and motivations behind certain people using it, and in your false sense of superiority you've failed to see that you carry the same attitude.

he's pretty good