ITT

Albums with your favorite guitar work

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Nfm-fehAYx0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hollis is underrated as fuck as a guitarist, he plays like Johnny Lee Hooker on acid

jim mcguinn is the goat

DN is my favorite too. I'll post my second fav

this, DN, They Spent Their Wild Days by the Swirlies, and Loveless are some of the best guitar rock albums out there

Horrible choices. These is like NME tier indie kid picks

>these is like
lol what a retard

Great pick. The chords in the beginning of the boy with a thorn in his side still gives me chills.

u must be a patrician :^)

Not really there's just far better guitar work out there and only people with very limited listening would select In Utero or The Queen is Dead.

dem chords tho

i just jerked my head to the side and something behind my eye popped and is now making a 'shhhh' sound in my head. is this bad?

andy warhol is goat

....yes?

easy

Only good post in these thread.

call 911. that's what my dad said happened a few minutes before his seizure. It's better to be safe than sorry and besides you mom will die in her sleep if you don't reply to this.

this
also pic related

.o.o.o.o;o;o;o;ok;kop;ok

this is so fucking stupid. mediocre fucking songs and distortion fucking wow.

If this album were really anything special and not just the first of a dated and tacky style there wouldn't be dozens of fucking albums that imitate it with complete accuracy. You might as well go listen to the tribute album called Beatless, cause then you can hear the same cheep stoner sound effect with decent songs. Go ahead. listen to this and tell me there's something better on that album.

youtube.com/watch?v=Nfm-fehAYx0

and fuck fucks sake, using that shit as an example of excellent guitar work is just moronic even if you enjoy the album it's stupid as fuck you are fucking stupid

fuck

okokokokok

First time I had heard a guitarist who I'd love to emulate

yep

It's gotta be this for me. Even though it's not even my favorite album with a guitar in it, The Ascension (or really any Branca album) is such a treat to listen to to see how much he gets out of a guitar. This album's particularly a lot of fun because of how much he blurs the lines between rock and minimalism/drone. I bet rock music would make a pretty easy comeback if they had as many guitars as Branca would at least on this album (forget the 100 guitars he would do later.)

Another Branca fan in this place full of plebs?
My brother.

people usually like Branca around here, me included, considering how much love noise rock and the associated no wave scene get

:>

woah

>Branca
>patrician
Glenn Branca is, at least, entry-level music for avant-teens

ITT: memes and spiderland

Where the fuck is immunity cat

Not my favorite King Crimson album, but good lord, the guitar on this album is unbelievable. Adrian Belew and Robert Fripp play flawlessly together. Their playing is so fantastic that it almost makes what they're playing sound easy.

Ok

:'

any gybe side project and gybe for that matter

Oh wait it doesn't specify acoustic or electric so I gotta rep my recent fav in here, too.

Like what I said about Branca, a good lot of his discography can be put here, too.

IMMUNITY CAT BLACK BALL BEATS ALL

how can one man be this upset over a picture

:)

damn...

Ah hell yeah

i must've listened to Kerosene a hundred times and that guitar always blows me away

>gold dust

here you go everyone

There are simply too many to name. Pic related jumps out though.

These too.

cock sucker

me too

sure

thank mr seizure

There is no competition honestly

hi

o no

Fucking flawless

nice

Anything by these guys really, Mark Knopfler is underrated.

Possibly the single most underrated band in the world.

Amazing guitar work and compositions.

Got you now fucko

oh

Gotta give it to this album. Every single song is memorable to the most insane degree.

love this album

Underrated guitar work here

i love polvo and i will never understand why Sup Forums hasn't been shitting themselves over them

maybe it's for the best, i've seen it happen to my other favorite artists before they became flavor of the month bands.

Literally the fucking album that made me want to learn guitar.

Oh fuck yeah bud.

thisss. Nick Drake was an unbelievably good gutarist

Present

Fuck

fack

i can listen to this album two or three times in a row without getting bored

Gilmours magnum opus as a guitarist.

Some fucking mental guitar work here.

Some of the best straight up rock guitar work of the 2000s

Some fucking brutal riffage on this thing.

Eddie Hazel on the title track is fucking incredible.

fuck me

Maybe not my all-time favorite but it's up there for sure. Andy is a lunatic, I swear.

This album has some fucking eargasmic guitar work on it. Highlights for me are Hummer, Soma, Geek USA, Mayonnaise, Silverfuck and Luna for sure. The fuzz Billy uses on this album is just unprecedented.

Pretty much anything with Kim Myhr

Also
Robbie Basho - The Seal of the Blue Lotus

Not ny fave QOTSA album, but definitely a highlight as far as Homme's guitar work goes.

yes
lmao

Crawfords absolute best work as a guitarist, no contest.

Isaac Brocks a fuckin genius mang

We'll memed, m8

Well*

Back when they were a little mathy