Give me some more mysterious musicians like Nick Drake and Robert Johnson

Give me some more mysterious musicians like Nick Drake and Robert Johnson.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DpAFZnMyC7o
youtube.com/watch?v=zMIzTh0Lafg
youtube.com/watch?v=SZhx8o4nvUE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outsider_music
youtube.com/watch?v=GQgRqw_52Sk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

jandek
the residents

Arthur Miles, old-time country singer who did some throat singing on his only known recordings..

youtube.com/watch?v=DpAFZnMyC7o

Baby Huey

He was a 400-pound heroin addict from Chicago that made some of the best soul you will ever hear and little is truly known about him aside from a few pictures at random gigs and music festivals. He died in 1970 at the age of 26 through a drug-related heart attack in a Chicago motel room. He was making music with Curtis Mayfield and was signed to his label when he died and was set to become a seriously, seriously big deal (pun intended) in the world of music.
This is his story.
youtube.com/watch?v=zMIzTh0Lafg

The Screamers

The fathers of synthpunk
Never made an official recording of any kind but are cited as a major influence on a shit ton of punk bands
youtube.com/watch?v=SZhx8o4nvUE

Fun fact: El Duce was in The Screamers.

Fuckin neato

Syd Barrett

LIL UGLY MANE

this
The Syd Barrett story is no mystery at all, it's just what happened after he went crazy that is so shrouded and blurry.

But what was in his head. He was a mysterious person

whoa

>But what was in his head

Drugs

Schizophrenia, possibly asperger's

>nick drake
>mysterious

He was your typical middle class starving artist brat who took too many fucking drugs and eventually killed himself. Why romanticize it?

Because he was so much more than that?

Shinji Sato is mysterious as fuck also. I wish I knew an actual single thing about the frontman of my favorite band.

He was a deluded moron who got caught up in hippy bullshit and railed against his comfortable wealthy life. He was a fucking idiot.

Yeah, he was a fucking rich normie who went to the best schools, was a great athlete, had an idyllic life, got along well with his family, and chose to throw it allaway to feign the "muh starving artist" meme. He was fooling no one. Say what you will about his music but he was a fucking dummy.

Sibylle Baier
Connie Converse
Scott Walker
Mark Hollis

um back the fuck off?

Stop samefagging all over the place because someone challenged your opinion. Do you really get this easily offended when someone disagrees with you?

wait it's only him on these recordings? how the fuck does he do that

Good one

you're a retard

Thanks, user. Right up my alley.

Jim Sullivan
released a pretty cryptic album called UFO, then disappeared into the desert never to be seen again a few months after it came out
what happened to him, i wonder

Otis Redding died too young.

That voice was only going to get better.

[spoiler]I'm not the only one who really, really prefers his version of A Change is Gonna Come...right?[/spoiler]

You're the retard. You're too dumb to even form a counter argument because you can't, read about his life, he had it all, good looking, smart, wealthy respected family who encouraged creativity, he was living in such a bubble and become so moronic and sanctimonious that he threw his life away to carve out some cliche image of a tortured soul.

uh

I am a maybe the biggest Nick Drake fan on this board and you are 100% unequivocally correct.

>good looking
Not the user you're responding too.

Drake's always looked average to me, even a little of the awkward/geeky side.

>El Duce

is he the one that says courtney approached him about killing kurt

This is the type of genre your looking for

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outsider_music

A lot of those people have an extensive recorded history, where as the people in the OP and others mentioned on here don't have much known about them other than the music they create(d).

The examples there are horrible, it's wiki so anyone can add anyone they feel like. I'm too lazy to name specific artists right now, so just saying research outsider folk to find more.

Bob Dylan

Daisuke Tobari

Kaoru Abe
youtube.com/watch?v=GQgRqw_52Sk

>i haven't read a single thing on nick drake
How can he be a normie if he died a virgin?

viper

I love that his posthumous album was subtitled "The Living Legend".

Stuff like this is why I spend time on Sup Forums