AMA

I was an important part to the foundation and formation of the Dubstep scene. Ask me anything

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/sansera/marble-cabanas
youtube.com/watch?v=Jez-i9u2g1g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Who can you show this song to that'll help me out?

soundcloud.com/sansera/marble-cabanas

Do you still produce dubstep or have you moved to other genres?

Nice and chilled mate. I'll stick it on my heart list. The way to get noticed is to keep sharing and have others like and heart on soundcloud. BandCamp is your friend. I still make money off Bandcamp. Albeit a few £££. Just keep sharing.

Thanks bro!

I still produce dubstep. It's been 10 years since my first track was played on my local radio. I enjoy producing trip-hop and alternative glitch these days but part of my job is making generic dubstep for video games. I also play percussive guitar in my spare time. Gotta keep it breezy

I imagine the stuff you were making 10 years ago was way less aggressive than current dubstep, what do you think of the way the genre has developed over the years?

I've produced Skrillexy stuff in the past. It sold well. As with all genres of music, the sub-genres were inevitable. I personally enjoy all dubstep except for the overly sampled brostep crap. Electronic sounds have always been an inspiration. Probably due to the amount of Sega I played a kid. The whole "Skrillex invented dubstep" thing really gets to me though hahaha. We were making 120 - 140 whilst Sonny Moore was becoming a mosher. It was a reall buzz to see it grow like it has. What are your favourites? What's your style? What do you enjoy hearing in a dubstep track?

have you found jesus? you must repent from the shit you've done to music

That post is your contribution. Well done. Jesus isn't a fan of me. 450k fans on soundcloud though. I've only widened the genres a bit. What do you like to listen to?

a lot of stuff, including the occasional dubstep, im just fucking with you

favorite producer is tipper, though

This is Sup Forums mate. We don't fuck with each other here.... Haha. I believe it dubstep is finally creeping back underground now. I was much happier when I was playing in sweaty basements. Playing Ultra in Miami was a dream but the scene is so different in the states.

how much time do you spend staring at a computer display and does that suck for you?

i hate it

Yeah it's interesting, Skrillex was sort of what kicked off my interest in electronic music. I still enjoy that aggressive style sometimes but most of the new stuff sounds the same to me. I don't listen to a lot of dubstep anymore but there a few producers keeping it interesting - Corporate is one of my favs. Outside of dubstep my favourite producers are Rustie, Haywyre, Sam Gellaitry etc.

I like how traditionally 'musical' skrillex's music sounds beneath the harsh timbres. Can you rec producers with great sense of melody and development?

For example: youtube.com/watch?v=Jez-i9u2g1g

Dubstep on Monstercat from 2 or 3 years ago probably fits that vibe - Pegboard Nerds, Rogue. The artists I mentioned in my other post also make melodic music with interesting song structures. You could also try Overwerk and Feed Me if you like electro house.

to build on this, i want to take up production as a hobby but i already have to spend so much time staring at a laptop screen all day long that i feel discouraged

wondering if push for ableton is sufficiently powerful to give my eyes some rest

Thanks for the recommendations.

What labels have you released on

why did you forward something so terrible I would kms by now

where are you from originally?

if you are not from croydon/london then you had nothing to do with actual dubstep you fucking idiot yank