Discuss the nicest New Yorker in the music biz, Greta Kline (aka Frankie Cosmos)

Discuss the nicest New Yorker in the music biz, Greta Kline (aka Frankie Cosmos)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tlVn_ByFED0
youtube.com/watch?v=a4rAtrAoLtA
eskimeaux.bandcamp.com/track/i-admit-im-scared-2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>the nose

mmmmmm right

could you speak on that more?

I'd like for her to leave music and media in general and never return. Send her to an organic coffeeshop purgatory please

She wouldnt like a shit skin like me :(

But user, that's not Gabrielle Smith (aka Eskimeaux)

Well isn't she cute as fuck

Grimes fan here. Nice introduction. How it's her music like? Recommend me her best songs.

all of em

just do it

Boring indie trite.

Just listen to Next Thing, dweeb.

You'll love it!

Listen to Zentropy. Prolly my fav release from her. Also, her songs are all like 1-2mins long so it shouldn't take you that long to get through it.

Sidenote - all her appearances on the BJ Rubin show are essential viewing
youtube.com/watch?v=tlVn_ByFED0

>The BJ Rubin show

my man, I am a recent devotee and wow-eeee does he get some rad guests ^_^

>Kline was born in New York City, New York, the daughter of Academy Award-winning actor Kevin Kline and actress Phoebe Cates

OK, I'll give it a try. I have pretty big expectations tbch.

also the production values of the show are completely insane and I love it

Found out about it through my Sup Forums waifu Colleen Green and it's how I discovered Frankie Cosmos. Nice little coincidences senpai.

youtube.com/watch?v=a4rAtrAoLtA

that youtube vid is twee as fuck

yes, but Marnie

where do i start with eskimeaux

O.K.

eskimeaux.bandcamp.com/track/i-admit-im-scared-2

how can two absolutely beautiful parents produce such an ugly child?

aren't her parents two super rich actors?
yeah no sorry if i don't care for the perspective of an elite aristocrat

Deradoooooooo

O.K and then maybe Year of the Rabbit (more upbeat, fuller sounding songs played with a band) or Igluenza (stripped back lo fi-ish acoustic ambient songs, some of which appear on OK but with different instrumentation). Enjoy user, she has such a sweet voice.

>born from a successful couple (a choice she didnt make)
>suddenly all music she ever makes is invalid
okay

literally fucking who

stop viraling

She would not have made it if she didn't have mommy and daddy's money and influence. It's just mediocre music.

>if she didn't have mommy and daddy's money and influence

How have either had any effect on her music career?

lol she started on bandcamp

i can imagine a few scenarios. being rich actors in new york would put you in social circles with higher up people in other fields. it's not a stretch to think they got 'uncle' quincy jones or some shit to sign their darling to a record label and shill her relentlessly

connect the dots

>metalhead

connections, enough financial stability to focus on her art and not have to work, probably a relatively stable home life (which just helps so many things in so many ways.) Ive got nothing against her for it though. There are so many artists who come from well to do homes.

I can't tell if you're taking the piss desu

She has like a hundred albums on bandcamp she sells for 50c each, she makes regular appearances on niche youtube shows that get less than a thousand views - I don't think she a fuck about success. If people are catching on, it's because people are enjoying her music.

This too

One of my ultra liberal friends / coalburner recd me FC.

Needless to say I didn't listen to it

Your loss, dork ^_^