Songs of Love and Hate > Both

NICE MEME PLEB

nick drake > both

DID I ASK ABOUT DICK DRAKE?

godfather > kevin parker

this isnt even a question ffs cohen shits on him

No way in hell is this serious

Cohen is better but Astral Weeks is better than anything Cohen has made

Nick Drake was a spoiled brat who did too many drugs to look like a tortured artist. Van and Leo keep it real.

The objective answer

musically van, lyrically cohen

>SPOLID BRAT
>COULD BARLEY GET ANYTHING TO EAT
>HAD TO MOVE BACK IN WITH PARENTS
>FOUND NO SUCCESS

>LEONARD COHEN MILLION ARE

>VAN MORRISON FAMOUS AS FUCK

Astral Weeks>everything

WELL COHEN IS WINING SO UR WRONG

No you'reve wrong.

WELL ITS EVEN NOW BUT EVERYONE KNOWS VANS SINGING IS PRETTY CHEESY ON THAT ALBUM

WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING?

I prefer Leonard to Van Morrison generally, but Astral Weeks is on another plane to anything Leonard made (and indeed anyone else made).

FUCK OFF

BESSSIIIIIDEEE YOU

BECAUSE MY KEYS BOARD IS BROKEN. bUT HIS SINGING IS REALLY BAD. SOUNDS LIKE BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN OR SOME OTHER 80S CHEESY SINGER. ITS DATED WORSE

Songs of Love and Hate

oh shut up. songs of leonard cohen is way better

Got to agree with the other user, I think Songs of Love and Hate is Cohen's best album.

Sounds like Springsteen!? Have you had your hearing tested recently?

yes, its cheesy and sounds like hes trying to hard. cohen is soft and gentle

could you make a third option for both? I literally can't choose, both are in my top ten. it's like choosing which child I like best

thats the point user

What a shitty thread. Nice substantive discussion of the music guys.

Astral Weeks is a far more interesting album in terms of prose and music: Van does a better job of setting the atmosphere with the semi-arrhythmic flow of the improvised folk instruments. I'd argue the lyrics are also better than Leonard Cohen's, offering a more modern and timely grasp of the language.

woah you really think your opinion matters dont you

Woah have you done anything of value in your life?

woah you think my accomplishments mean anything to this disgussion

Well you certainly haven't shown any musical knowledge in this thread

He chose to live like shit. Typical wealthy class tourist who can just run back to mommy and daddy when things get tough. Guy was a fucking brat who made some poor decisions to create the facade of a tortured complex soul when in reality he was just a deluded brat who had an idyllic life with weathy parents who supported him, sent him to the best schools; he was a good athlete and popular among his peers. Say what you will about his music but the guy was a complete fraud who purposely fucked up his life with one horrible decision after the next to project the image of a complex and brooding artist.

You think mental health problems are prevented by a good upbringing/school? Christ.

you dont choose what kind of family you are born to. He was a musician through and through and he lived a life of poverty for it. If he was such a spoiled brat i dont think he would last long homeless or in poverty.

and that relates to what things of value i have done in my life how?

read my name

Why would you be on Sup Forums if you haven't done anything of value regarding music?

read my name

because i like listening to music? If your such a big man important boy then why are u here talking among the commons. If you think everyone on Sup Forums makes albums then you are sadly mistaken

search for my posts on this board

>nothing found

Astral Weeks for sure

>mental health problems

The cunt dropped too much acid and smoked way too much pot. He brought it upon himself. I've seen it fuck up some of my friends too. He was a moron.

He did it for for some deluded image. He was a Total Fake and an out of touch rich kid who ultimately met his match due to his ability to push his habits to excess because he had his family's wealth to fall back on. Well, turns out money can't stop private school brats from doing too many drugs and making bad decisions kek.

>total fake
>made three great albums still talked about today

Stop baiting

>3 great albums

His music is shit. He is only highly regarded by naive hipsters who romanticize the image of him being such a "lost soul I can really connect with". Don't make me laugh.

gonna go ahead and not reply to bait you have a good night user

>he dislikes a musician I like he must be baiting

When is /r/indieheads going to leave?

The best songs on of love and hate are better than the best songs on the other two, but overall songs of leonard cohen is better.

>He is only highly regarded by naive hipsters
Objectively wrong. He's highly regarded by pretty much everyone with a respectable opinion on music. That's why you're baiting.