Beach Boys:

Beach Boys:
>lets put two songs together :P lol

Beatles:
>Tomorrow Never Knows

The Beatles have never had a consistent album and they constantly ruined all their albums with fucking tripe like "When I'm Sixty-Four", "Your Mother Should Know" and "Yellow Memearine".

Brian>every Beatle

I hope you aren't implying that SMiLE isn't full to the brim with songs like that.

I'm not, in fact the Beach Boys were way more inconsistent overall than the Beatles, but Pet Sounds was way more consistent than anything either of them did

Brian literally wrote songs like When I'm Sixty-Four all the fucking time, the difference is when he did it people hailed it as genius

When I'm Sixty-Four and Your Mother Should Know are good you pleb

Have you ever listened to When I'm Sixty-Four seriously? Paul's voice is supposed to sound gradually more desperate ("oh will you still need me, will you still feed me") like an old man's plea for survival.

I hate Yellow Submarine, but When I'm Sixty-Four is great.

The Beatles were the more consistent band, their output (and sheer frequency of masterpieces in such a short amount of time) was remarkable, but I think Pet Sounds is the best album either band made.

Byrds:
>let's invent a new genre

Beatles:
>our fans will assume we invented this

seewho gives a shit, it's a fucking pathetic song
>your mother should know is good
>calls someone a pleb

You've got idiotic opinions fella

You have autism

Byrds fans confirmed for having no concept of time

>who gives a shit, it's a fucking pathetic song
You can't even explain why, so why should your opinion matter?

why the fuck is the "beatles vs beach boys" rivalry even a thing

>Genre
>funny guitar sound

I don't need to explain why. It's a glorified nursery rhyme

eight miles high was released before the beatles even began recording revolver
to be fair to the beatles, they did raga rock a month or two before the byrds did, but long after the kinks

Beach Boys:
>Let's add a new style to Phil Spector's Wall of Sound technique by using a dense array of instruments
Beatles:
>DUDE LET'S PUT SOME WACKY EFFECTS ON IT! HAHA WEED

All music is

There's no glorifying, IT is a nursery rhyme... like most of SMiLE is.

>Phil Spector's Wall of Sound technique by using a dense array of instruments
Except that WAS Phil Spector's technique.
>HAHA WEED
Are you talking about Brian here?

Beach Boys:
>Let's have a breakdown because The Beatles have beaten us to the punch

Beatles:
>Let's release one of the most highly acclaimed albums of all time

>Let's add a new style to Phil Spector's Wall of Sound technique by using a dense array of instruments
>new style
lol

>Responding to b8

Beatles:
>let's break up because john got married
Kinks:
>mick almost killed dave, but we're sticking together for the art

>Let's have a breakdown because The Beatles have beaten us to the punch
a breakdown manifested into an album inadvertently better than most of the beatles' INCLUDING Revolver

>responding to metab8

(You)
agreed but at least Brian made it interesting

smile and smiley smile are the very definition of "wacky sound effects"

Smiley Smile was not that great though.

FOR THE BENEFIT OF MR KIKE

WHOA WACKY LIKE A FAMILY GUY JOKE

Why are you now literally glorifying nursery rhymes when you got so angry at over people supposedly doing it?

>agreed but at least Brian made it interesting
MAMA'S LITTLE BABY LOVES SHORTNIN SHORTNIN

smiley smile has paul mccartney's greatest contribution to music

Smile was

Beach Boys:
> Well we're brothers for the most part so sibling rivalry and our asshat dad will make things awkward and split the band seriously in all the futures and no one will help our creative leader stay a genius and not ride the deep end rails

Beatles:
We fight like brothers. We split. Our mental case was a charming drummer, and not Mozart.

VEGETABLES anyone? Season drops to Winter anyone?

ok never mind that's only on the smile version of vega-tables sorry

[citation needed]
...an album that was never finished. Nice try though.

So great that Brian wasn't even allowed to finish it, at the time.

What album is that? The album that wasn't finished or released until 2011?

the two aren't equivalent to each other, Smile is all over the place, and it's basically a mess of ideas, admittedly. However the Beatles just wrote shitty songs and stuck them on the album

read a fucking book

Shut up now you pretentious cunt

>read a fucking book
Not an argument. Try again.
>However the Beatles just wrote shitty songs and stuck them on the album
What instrument do you play again?

this isn't an argument against it's quality. it would have been a commercial failure

>However the Beatles just wrote shitty songs
You sound very credible.

kek you're so fucking mad
>What instrument do you play again?
where to start?

> at least Brian made it interesting
Moving the goalposts, are we?

>It would've been a commercial failure
What has that got to do with anything?

>Yellow Memearine
Why do people still think that saying meme randomly is funny? Do you watch Filthy Frank?

>where to start?
Not with Fruity loops I hope.

fucking hell beatles fans

I'm out

>I'm out
of arguments apparently

64 is fucking great you fucking idiot get your ears checkd

>still not answering the question

I fucking love The Beach Boys but this elitist autism is ridiculous and Revolver is fucking brilliant. How a fan of The Beach Boys can't appreciate The Beatles songwriting and studio techniques on that album I'll never know

Kek

Did you reply to the wrong person or something?

>people still shill for the Beatles
It's time to end this dadrock worshiping, Sup Forums. Just because p4k and hipsters like these shitty lowest common denominator sunshine pop groups doesn't mean we have to

>sunshine pop

ITT Scaruffi shills and dadrock elitists.

>shut the fuck up you faggot hipster

I think Pet Sounds is a better album than any of The Beatles's, but the people on here slagging off The Beatles...man, seriously. If you don't at least appreciate The Beatles then you really really know nothing about music. It's not "cool" or "contrarian", it's just fucking moronic.

ITT: Faggotus Maximus

Brian Wilson was more talented than any Beatle by a ridiculously significant margin

The Beatles are a shitty British imitation of rock and roll
I find it hilarious how people stan the Beatles but completely ignore 50s rock and roll like Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis, Little Richard, and Chuck Berry
When the Beatles are shittier than all of them
Fucking annoying ass cutesy voices
>muh melody
>Wow it's so experimental I made a rock song that sounds like a carnival wooo so trippy

>read a fucking book
My bad.

So great that Brian went crazy trying to finish it, at the time.

Not really. Paul is ridiculously talented too. Wilson never lived up to his potential, and that's an element of being talented to my mind

50s rock n roll sounded like Revolver? Sgt Pepper? Abbey Road? The White Album? You're fucking clueless mate.

I don't have anything against Scaruffi or dadrock in particular, it's the worship of them that bugs me.

Inb4 "I'll bug u in the ass u cunt"

I never said that
I said 50s rock and roll is better than anything the Beatles ever did
The Beatles had a net negative effect on rock music

>it's the worship of them that bugs me.
Why not? isn't it worth it?

I find it hilarious how people stan 50s rock artists like Elvis, Jerry Lew Lewis, Little Richard and Church Berry but completely ignore blues like John Lee Hooker, B.B. King and Big Joe Turner

Why?

If you want to be like that then Buddy Holly Little Richard [list goes on] had the biggest negative influence on music

>Beach Boys: craft the most beautiful and influential pop song of all time with God Only Knows

>Beatles: Lol Taxman!

see op i can do it too

>I never said that
What the fuck was the point then?

Ok, well you're wrong either way.

Because dadrock is only great music there is. Neither is Scaruffi the only great music critic there is. (However, most music critics rub me the wrong way, so I can't name that many)

I meant dadrock ISN'T the only great music there is. I should check my damn sentences.

He never lived up to his potential because of his mental illness so essentially you're saying he's less talented because he was mentally ill, and that's probably the stupidest fucking thing I've ever heard.