youtube.com/watch?v=DPyOhP1GTRQ
youtube.com/watch?v=71Qsk9LTW-Y
youtube.com/watch?v=a0rcdbPQPnw
youtube.com/watch?v=VdlAw3N2EiE
deathfortress.bandcamp.com/album/deathless-march-of-the-unyielding
sorcierdesglacesofficial.bandcamp.com/album/north
necrourgica.bandcamp.com/
hammerheart.bandcamp.com/album/godless-arrogance
inquisitionbm.bandcamp.com/album/ominous-doctrines-of-the-perpetual-mystical-macrocosm
youtube.com/watch?v=6PPOgjKDaWA
youtube.com/watch?v=YTkuJ4vRQZM&spfreload=10
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No, but you will

it was never alobve

Never. Learn to appreciate it.

I'm ok with that.

Why is Fenriz so chill guy?

Manowar said no so its a no

Yeah Well, Punk's now dead.
Soon there will be Post-Metal, using many tricks off of Post-Rock and Doom Metal. It's gonna be great. But after that, it's all gonna be Tribute bands I guess.

I want to hang out with Fenriz.

/thread

>Punk's now dead
what?
what does dead mean?

You know post-metal has been around for a while, right?

Post-metal has been a thing since at least 1996

>implying metal isn't dead already
sorry dudes your edge just isn't enough to cut the mustard anymore, sadboy rap is the new 'anti' music what with its love affair for school shootings and all

hopefully

one dude made one mixtape about one school shooting

cloud rap is still massively about DUDE PURPLE DRANK LMAO

Listen to Jesu and Pelican.

The Punk Movement for the media is now dead.

Have you seen a major controversy about a certain punk-rock band these last years? Nope.

Last time I saw a band creating a ruckus for not showing up a shows, Destroying their own labels contracts, Putting an erect penis on a Front Cover of album, etc.... is Death Grips. And they're an Industrial Hip-Hop Band.

They have the Punk Ethos, but they're not a Punk-Rock Band.

Punk-rocks nowadays are 40-year-old white guys playing a Family Reunion Tours each year in the summer.

Yeah well it has to start somewhere. But there's no big breakout like Joy Division with Post-Punk in the 80s.

I'M pretty there is gonna be a powerful Post-Metal band soon approaching in the next years. Meshuggah has already showed a path musically with their Multi-layered rhythms, they just need to change the lyrics and ideology behind a metal group.

Great I'll check that. What do you think are their best songs?

Post metal has been a thing since 1994

look at Korn's debut

nope, as long as autism exists

Pelican is boring as fuck

Viet cong?

hopefully

Is this bait or are you legitimately not aware of the fact that what you're describing did happen and is already on the decline?

"post-metal" can't happen because metal cannot be dialectically overstepped.

It's music about kicking ass. You can't conceivably "move beyond" that concept, it's an end in and by itself.

That's a great start, and I'm pretty sure the reason why Korn is not considered Post-metal and rather Nu-Metal is probably the Heavy Grooves the Bass and Drum played together. This was a mix of wo styles : Metal and Hip-Hop.

Post-Metal should probably more about getting rid of all the riffs and destroying grooves at the same time. Sort of like a claustrophobic Clouds of distortions working together and a singer that isn't singing about Demons and Satanic rites and Epic things.

What you're describing is called atmospheric metal.
Just like "post-rock" is in fact just atmospheric rock.
Or like how "post-black metal" is just atmoblack that's really gay and non-epic.

post-metal like post-punk is about dialing back the push for extremes and going a different direction. It doesn't try to surpass metal, just use it some of its elements in a different way.

Then what "Happen" and is "already on the decline"?

I listen to alot of Metal, but I think right now Metal is really on a Nostalgic Feel right now.
Have you seen the most praised Metal albums this year?

Magma by Gojira feels like a 2010 Nu-Metal record, but a good one.
Terminal Redux by Vektor is one of the best Trash Metal albums, a genre that has quietly disappeared in the 2000s.

These albums are really nostalgic, yet at the same time people feel it is the most forward-thinking albums of this year.

The media had still not find a popular Post-metal band still, but it will eventually.

djent
the Meshuggah-ripoffs who don't sing about the same shit as the rest of metal and use muh polyrhythms
that happened like seven years ago and it's currently on the decline.

and it's called djent

the reason why you haven't heard of it despite listening to a lot of metal is because it's barely metal.

Never heard of them.

What did they do ?

here's the thing though: that's been done several times, both within and outside of metal, to the point where there's almost nothing that hasn't been tried with that concept yet.

Metal is not an end in and by itself. People will always continue to explore what can be done with a guitar.

If you got some Atmospheric Metal, show me.

For "Post-Metal Aesthetics", I really like the comment by Scaruffi on the EP I by Meshuggah. I'm pretty sure he's got a point when he's saying this song is Post-Metal song in various reasons.

He got all his aggression out with black metal that's why he makes shit now.

Djent is really just a Tone for the guitar, it's not enough to create a whole genre.

Meshuggah are on a good trail of using polyrhythms, but sadly they're always in a 4/4.
As soon as band picks up the same polyrhythm ideology as Meshuggah but transfers to different time signatures the drummer plays, it's gonna be pretty interesting.

neurosis, isis, cult of luna, kayo dot, agalloch, burzum, ulver, alcest, sunn, boris, jesu, angelic process, etc.

most hipster metal basically

Well you're gonna have to specify me which subgenre of metal, but here are four examples:
atmospheric black metal:
youtube.com/watch?v=DPyOhP1GTRQ
caverncore (which is atmospheric death metal)
youtube.com/watch?v=71Qsk9LTW-Y
drone doom (atmospheric doom metal)
youtube.com/watch?v=a0rcdbPQPnw
and the so-called post-metal, which is in fact atmospheric sludge metal
youtube.com/watch?v=VdlAw3N2EiE

As for Meshuggah, their aesthetics resulted in an awkward subgenre of industrial metal (combined with elements of prog metal and mathcore) called djent.
You could call it "post-metal" insofar as it's false metal, but since it often markets itself as prog metal that would be abusive.

Black Metal is already dead.

killed 58,315 brave american souls

>Djent is really just a Tone for the guitar, it's not enough to create a whole genre.
well guess what, some millenials obsessed with video games did just that.

>it's gonna be pretty interesting
I doubt that
it's just gonna be djent with shittier grooves.

nice Mogwai reference user

nice

- I hate Burzum, the only reason is Production. I can't stand it. This guy needs to have a lesson on how to make good-sounding albums. I hate it.

- Grave upheaval is really impressive! Love the distant voice in the beginning. Cavern-core is kind of stupid name sadly.

- Yeah Already knew Drone Doom, I saw SunnO))) live in Montreal two months ago. Life-changing experience, Never thought Sound could push you back so hard by standing. And the show was also really well coordinated.

- Why does Cult of luna is considered Post-Metal? Is Sunbather considered Post-Metal too?

- Lastly, for me, Meshuggah is Djent. But "I" is on another level, with some parts litterally destroying 4/4 parts by Knocking the Snare pattern in 3/4 and minimalist solo in some places. That song is insane.

>>Djent is really just a Tone for the guitar, it's not enough to create a whole genre.
>well guess what, some millenials obsessed with video games did just that.
What are you referring to?

God, I hope so.

It's pretty hard for something that thrives in the underground and doesn't rely on a specific ideology (like punk) to "die"

D J E N T

Cult of Luna is just considered Post-Metal because it uses elements of post-rock.
Same reason why the whole "post-black metal" term exists. And it can be applied to Deafheaven (Sunbather isn't a band) I guess.

And you don't understand black metal if you think that Varg would tolerate having someone fuck with his raw and abrasive sound to fit his pussy tastes.
Black Metal is supposed to sound ugly and harsh.

cavern-core is a term used only by critics and fans, not by the bands themselves

Yeah forgot about the band Deafheaven, just heard about Sunbather their album in the first place.

>Black Metal is supposed to sound ugly and harsh.

There's a way of sounding ugly and harsh, but at least hearing guitars correctly. I don't hate ugly sounds, I just hate how he mixes it. No low-end, no high-end, just a Mid-sounding fully-compressed sound that feels really boring to me.
Even Merzbow, in his Harsh Noise Aesthetics, is clear and precise in it's ugliness. Even Raw-Souding band need to have all the noises clear in the mix for their genres.

Every genre is used by critics and the media.

Every genre that was ever coined was made by the Media. Keep that in mind. Only a few band coined themselves their genre and it was kept by the media, and they are the exceptions.

>Even Raw-Souding band need to have all the noises clear in the mix for their genres.
says you; I like the fact that a lot of BM sounds like it was recorded on a potato.

Nigga you don't understand
I'm just saying that no caverncore band calls their music caverncore.
Whereas shitloads of thrash, power, death, doom, black, sludge, stoner, heavy metal bands acknowledge the name of their genre of music.

neat, but in that case you are talking about punk as a marketing stunt rather than a genre of music.

metal didn't have a comparable marketing stunt, we are talking about the genre of music.

Yeah I understood. But I hate using this "prefix-core" shit. It's just metal too me, but in a different mood.

it already has
15 year olds cant keep it alive

bull.

deathfortress.bandcamp.com/album/deathless-march-of-the-unyielding
sorcierdesglacesofficial.bandcamp.com/album/north
necrourgica.bandcamp.com/
hammerheart.bandcamp.com/album/godless-arrogance
inquisitionbm.bandcamp.com/album/ominous-doctrines-of-the-perpetual-mystical-macrocosm
youtube.com/watch?v=6PPOgjKDaWA

Did Someone mention Djent?
youtube.com/watch?v=YTkuJ4vRQZM&spfreload=10

Well have fun with your Potato-sounding records.

Well if we say as a genre of music, every music has never died then. Polka music is still being played, Classical music from the 1800s is still being played, at the same time has anybody else playing their own styles of music.

But when we talk about if this "Genre of music has died", it always refer to me has the narrative of the genre in the media. Like the Death of Disco in the 80s or the Beginning of Grunge by Nirvana. That is what I'm referring everytime, but conceptually, no genre has ever died.

I'd never thought a Douchebag existed in the Djent world.

This guy is another scum of the earth needed to be crushed.

Chill dude. It's all for shits and giggles.

I hope it's just for shit and giggles, but his grin makes me wanna punch his face.

> No low-end, no high-end, just a Mid-sounding fully-compressed sound that feels really boring to me
Logical conclusion to the loudness wars.

Burzum is the logical conclusion of the loudness Wars. Wow.