What is this trash? It's like if Limp Bizkit tried to make a gabber record...

What is this trash? It's like if Limp Bizkit tried to make a gabber record. How the h*ck does this have above a 2 on RYM?

dubs

Agreed, it's one of his worst. It also made for somebullshit live shows

>I don't have the capacity to understand truly groundbreaking records...and I like penis
you'll get there someday, user

im not saying you have to like it

but how is there such a huge vocal minority of hate on this thing

its really triggering bc its clear the haters dont get it

t. avant teens, shouldn't you be in your RYM containment thread?

How the fuck is this record so hard to understand? Like people are damn retarded if they don't get what makes this good.

calm down dear, It's the same sort of midi-fiddling as his last record, just on a bigger/maximalist scale.

What triggers me is when people say it's better than R + 7

R+7 is great, but GoD is technically and artistically superior. R+7 had a lot of random MIDI triggering. Most things in GoD were planned.

>A lot of random Midi triggering
Yeah and it felt so much more organic and the entire album worked as a whole piece unlike GoD which just felt like a cluster of annoying guitar littered tunes.

There's no such thing as organicity in Lopatin's music, it's based mostly on unexpected random bullshit.

But at least GoD has a cool abrasive sound.

>Cool abrasive sound
Yeah and that "cool" sound gets pretty annoying pretty fast

you have no idea how he makes his music. you can't make comments like this and expect everyone to assume you know what you're talking about. you can't act like an authority figure in this situation.

fuck off.

Have you listened to anything other than R+7/GoD? Most of Dan's early work was played live.

alright
still less shitty than R+7
less fast than anything else i've heard from him

>It's like if Limp Bizkit tried to make a gabber record.
That's precisely why it's good.

I honestly think that Garden Of Delete doesn't get the love it does because of how in a way it's tough to digest it all. There's a very particular reason that when classical, jazz, prog, etc. do multi section complex parts it's usually done with just one set of instruments; it's so people can follow the music and the directions it takes more easily. Even if you go for something more progressive electronic like Klaus Schulze or Tangerine Dream, they also stick to quite a few sounds throughout their albums. Most electronic albums that introduce a variety of different sounds tend to have a simpler song structure to introcude them in. What makes Garden Of Delete crazy is that it has a progressive rock/progressive electronic format, but it also has a large variety of sounds that it rather than having a more simple structure, introduces them in a more complex one inspired by progressive rock/electronic. This means that the album has A LOT of sounds, and it really takes a lot of listens to digest it all.

It's a whole new step up from say...Replica which is centered around samples or R + 7 which is centered around just a variety of a certain set of synths.

joke's on you, the album is about reclaiming those signifiers of "low culture" or "bad taste" as aesthetically desirable. that's also why there's brostep, trance synths and vocaloid

well it could do so by sounding a bit more badass and having cool cover art. Instead it still sits in that awkward post-ironic non-committed area of mid-brow culture that attempts to be high-brow by imitating low-brow art.

if limp bizkit got lethal back they could actually make a pretty fucking perfect gabber record

you need a better analogy

R + 7 > Replica > Garden of Delete > Returnal

Replica > R+7 > Returnal > GoD
I really don't know why I hate GoD so much

This desu but i still absolutely love some of the songs on Returnal

It just doesn't flow very well at all and it doesn't feel like i'm listening to an album. I actually like the opening track too

Absolutely love the Rifts compilation too

Replica > GoD > R+7 > Returnal

Irony
Postmodernism
OPN is making some sort of retarded statement about capitalism and radio pop or something
Ignore it, he's a pretentious fuck who doesn't even understand his own work himself

Or he just made some poppy songs.

GoD is less cohesive but is more musically impressive. I find the pieces on it really captivating, especially on some good headphones, because he does some insane stuff with panning.

I guess I see why people don't like it, but as someone who loves Replica and R+7, I still think it's his best work so far.

I don't like this album because I feel like it lacks vision. Yeah there is the lore with the alien but it seems like the vision is digital junk/trash. Whereas R+7 clearly has some kind of vision with timbres, Returnal with loops, etc.

You know what, I take that back. I think I just don't like the album because it's abrasive. Maybe it does have vision.

I... I am cool... Right?