Do Australians drive pick-ups like Americans and Canadians?

Do Australians drive pick-ups like Americans and Canadians?

In Europe we don't, because our roads and parking places are too small and it's not in our culture. It's also too expensive for our budget.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Ranger_(T6)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Hilux#Eighth_generation_.28AN120.2C_AN130.3B_2015.E2.80.93present.29
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Amarok
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Navara#Third_generation_.28D23.3B_2014.E2.80.93present.29
scdamerica.com.au/vehicle/dodge-ram-1500/
carsales.mobi/cars/details/2012-Mercedes-Benz-S500-BlueEFFICIENCY-W221/OAG-AD-13461522
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Australians love yutes.

Smaller ones than the F-150, but yeah, they're popular with tradesmen.

The most popular ones
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Ranger_(T6)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Hilux#Eighth_generation_.28AN120.2C_AN130.3B_2015.E2.80.93present.29
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Amarok
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Navara#Third_generation_.28D23.3B_2014.E2.80.93present.29

This. Based utes.

>In Europe we don't, because our roads and parking places are too small
don't speak on behalf of entire europe

although they aren't the most popular vehicle type, I usually spot a few pick ups on the road and they are kind of cool

I see even more of them if I go to the countryside.

The sedan-based utes like the Holden Ute have become pretty niche these days. Probably because they're not cheap and not as useful as proper pick-up trucks. Fun to drive though.

It's a beautiful car.

The big 4wd ones getting popular here as family cars and have pretty much replaced station wagons at hauling around 2.5 kids and a dog. Proper utes are a dying breed.

Starting to see more of those huge American pickups, but I've never seen one being used to actually move shit. I figure they're being bought by the kind of person who used to buy something like the OP pic but needs something bigger now to offset his inferiority complex.

>needs something bigger now to offset his inferiority complex
Big trucks are simply more comfortable and safe. There's nothing wrong to own one even if you don't need to haul anything on a daily basis.

>Hilux
Based pick ups, popular here in Borneo.

Those dodge rams and the like cost $130,000+ here.

They aren't more comfortable or safer than a Mercedes S Class.

big trucks are not great for fuel economy, if you want to keep fuel cost down. And some other costs are higher as well, compared to smaller vehicles.

>Those dodge rams and the like cost $130,000+ here.
Why tho

>Mercedes S Class
But the new S350d costs twice more. I don't know about Dodge, but Toyota trucks are pretty comfortable for that price.
Obviously you don't buy a truck for a fuel economy, you have to pay more for more comfort, safety and practicality.

scdamerica.com.au/vehicle/dodge-ram-1500/

Because retards will pay it.

if it's australian that's only 100k

I think Australia has big import taxes on cars not made there

If it's something like a f-350 then it would be more expensive, and if you buy one for no real reason you get the fully loaded one too

An overpriced shithole?

How do you haul things around without a pickup?
You could do with an SUV for a while, but they're not designed to drag a load behind them for long periods of time.

>How do you haul things around without a pickup?
They don't. The Euros who do haul things around already have trucks and they wouldn't be posting about it

We don't haul big things or we pay a professional to haul them for us with his van.

OK the s class was a bit of an exaggeration but you can get a 4 year old S500 for cheaper
carsales.mobi/cars/details/2012-Mercedes-Benz-S500-BlueEFFICIENCY-W221/OAG-AD-13461522

Or a fucking top of the line commodore for $60k that's better in every way than the truck if you're not hauling shit.

Do Russians drive American sized trucks? You seem like one of the few countries that is sized appropriately for them

>they're not designed to drag a load behind them for long periods of time.
[citation needed]

Try dragging around a fishing boat a day out of the week for a year or two and watch it break down.

from all of the dashcams I've seen they don't

more expensive, and weight distribution makes them shitty in snow

>Try dragging around a fishing boat a day out of the week for a year or two and watch it break down.
Who do you know that was stupid enough to do this

a broke nigga without a pickup

Everyone here has a fucking 4WD despite going camping or offroad twice a year

>a 4 year old S500 for cheaper
You can't really compare a 4 year old S class to a new vehicle.
We're closer in our automobile culture to you than the rest of Europeans. More than a half of new cars are sold with automatic, SUV are very popular. We love big cars, but the most popular are Toyota Land Cruiser, BMW X5/X6, MB GL/ML/GLE, Audi Q7, Kia Sorento, Hyundai SantaFe. American trucks such as F-series, Ram, Silverado aren't common, though I see them on the road from time to time.

We have a boat but we don't take it in and out of the water every week. We put it in the ocean in spring, and out of the water in autumn. We let it stay by the docks.
We have a small plastic boat that we can put in a trailer and take to fresh water lakes. But we don't do that every single week of the year.

Everyone buys a 4x4 SUV as soon as he can afford it. Pickup trucks aren't that popular, it's true, but "the bigger the car the better" is true for most Russians.

From what I've seen they all drive commie ladas

>You can't really compare a 4 year old S class to a new vehicle.
Why not let some other sucker take the $200,000 depreciation hit?

Plus the merc comes with a 2 year factory warrenty. The Dodge only comes with a 3 year warranty from the importer and lol at aftermarket warranties.

Thanks for answering senpai

People either have utility vehicle or they rent it from the store.
Or they just stuff their shit up in their cars

>pick-up trucks

Redneckmobiles

First thing i noticed after i landed in Toronto, EVERYBODY drives huge cars, and everything is just huge there. National flags for example are everywhere and they are huge, 5-6 six times larger than any Croatian flag you'll see in Croatia on public place .

Man I wish our roads were wider.
America should rejoice over its blessing.

>It's also too expensive for our budget.
There are cheap models, and a lot of people here drive SUVs which are just as expensive.
It's not the cost.

A Qashqai costs 35,000€. It's not cheap.