What does Sup Forums think of the Beatles

I've never been on Sup Forums before so I was just wondering

Greatest band of all time.

shit compared to the beach boys

best band since Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

There won't be anything like them in music for a whiiiile.

Death Grips have already surpassed them you wrong generation faggot

You mean Brian Wilson

Their only worthwhile work

The

Fact

IF I AIN'T DEAD ALREADY
GIRL YOU KNOW THE REASON WHY

who are the beatles i've never heard of them

That

Nah dude. MAYBE you can argue on a musical artistic technical level or whatever but lets talk influence, every artist either of us listen to whether they like it or not, know and can probably sing around 30+ beatles songs off the top of their head, every single artist. That's true for most people of western culture in general. That's insane. They're part of the culture so intesnely they almost seem mythic. They will be remembered forever by a large majority of the world the same as Bach or Beethoven are today. That just cant and never will be thr same for Death Grips, or any band for that matter.

dude I was only joking

>comparing two bands of completely different genres

>band from the 60s are more influential than band from the 10s
youdontsay.png

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.

Really?
Jesus Christ.

most influential rock band of all time

Ladies and gentlemen, girls and boys, and dudes of all teenages, as well as the, uh gals, THE TRUE AND HONEST TRUTH.

My parents gave me the middle name Lennon. Should I be pissed because I feel like I should

dude i understand if you say the beatles might have not been the best rock band of all time, but it's not arguable that they were one of the most influential ones

Stupid saccharine pop rock
Complete shit

I'd be pissed. Lennon was also in reality a douchebag

There was an user last night unironically arguing the point.

that was me. it was also a prank

kek

>people responding to this seriously

Sup Forums are pretty split on Beatles. I love them. Not posted about much though. In the end of the day, there's not much to say about Beatles that hasn't been said already.

The Scruff has spoken.

best band of all time probably.
this place is full of contrarians though.

Not the best of the time but definitely talented. Great for a band that went for mainstream appeal.

yeah, this
The endless Beatles/Beach Boys/Bowie/Dylan/Velvet Underground/whatever classic band posts are so annoying
There is, as you said, nothing more to be said about them

John became more of a cutie when he was on heroin tbqh.

Took long enough. This is Sup Forums's opinion of the Beatles

Basically why i feel bad about it

Like clockwork