What's your opinion on Pavement?

What's your opinion on Pavement?

they are very good

for some reason i own 4 pavement albums but i only like slanted and enchanted

Pavement ist rad

I just heard Gold Soundz on the radio and it made my morning.

Definitely one of the best groups of the 90's. Malkmus's songwriting is fantastic. There are better songwriters but none as distinct and special as he is. Even if he's too lazy to realize it and give a shit about it.

Why don't you like the other three?

Also ranking time, with BTC being at least a 7-8 out of 10.

S+E = CRCR > WZ = TT > BTC

Wowee Zowee is criminally underrated.

don't understand the appeal except for their lyrical content

Best Pavement songs?
It's the cult favorite, I wouldn't say it's underrated, because I believe the last two albums are definitely underrated (with BTC being the most underrated.)

It's an odd mix of ennui, suburban malaise, discontent for simple and trite lyrical cliches, and sarcastic criticism of society and it's ills...or maybe complete gibberish. Honestly it's the more emotional songs that Pavement get love for Stop Breathin, Gold Sounds, Filmore Jive, Father To A Sister Of A Thought, We Dance, Shady Lane, Spit On A Stranger, Major Leagues. The earliest work was more free concept, dada, yet containing heavily mysterious references to either literature or nothing or even past relationships. check albums post S+E for more relateable lyrical stuffs

I have a completely unsubstantiated hatred for Shady Lane, I like the rest of their work though.

Why's that?

they make summer feel like summer

I find the chorus to be incredibly grating for no real reason.

Them and Animal Collective have that quality.
I can see why, it's a little smug, a little wink and a nod, a bit twee for no reason. It's very un-Pavement-eqsue, but it has some of their best lyrics in it.

Maybe it is the Seinfeld effect but I find them kind of boring every time I try to listen.

AT & T has been my favourite song for a while. Goofy and cool.

Check out S+E or the earlier ep's. A little more free form and punky. Esp the deluxe edition of S+E. Or get drunk or high and check them out.
maybe, someone is gonna save me, my heart is made of gravy

I'm convinced Stop Breathing is their best song next to Father Of A Sister To A Thought

tbqh i just got brighten the corners and haven't listened to it yet
but crooked rain just doesn't do it for me apart from cut your hair, and wowee zowee is probably just because it wasn't what i expected

pavement is humanity's greatest band in terms of the killer b-sides.

They're my favourite band along with Pixies. I'd rank their albums like this:
Slanted = Brighten > Crooked Rain = Wowee Zowee > Terror Twillight

most of their stuff is mediocre as fuck. slanted and enchanted is their best; and it's a 7/10.

Your taste is mediocre at best.

Best album for sure
Implying pavement is a fedora band
One of the most normie Sup Forums obsessions lol

wow same i love them but i hate that song