Give me ONE reason as to why this isn't the best metal album of all times

Give me ONE reason as to why this isn't the best metal album of all times.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Yeb9a4nuC6Y
youtube.com/watch?v=Idfv4wyWfSs
youtube.com/watch?v=Txxz4CzvKnQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't know, but its pretty good

It is berdy gid

It is

youtube.com/watch?v=Yeb9a4nuC6Y

Because this exists

Anthems is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy better

It's a really good black metal album, but other albums do metal and experiment in the right ways that Emperor lacks.

>Acid Bath
Stopped there.

I'm not into metal but I find it enjoyable

Like it or not, it's one of the best albums in the slower metal genres.

Lack of riffs that go on for more than two measures. Lack of dynamics and rhythm variety. Keys are a bit of a gimmick.

keyboards

Because this is.

go back to metal archives

>of all times

because this exists

Can't stand the production.

Literally surrounded by better Dissection albums

Scaruffi fag pls

Their next 3 albums are better

Ihsahn is one of the best producers in metal

Is now.

BECUZZZZ

this hur mane, this rite hur hur...

well first of all, Anthems makes it seem pretty amateur and unripened by comparison

I wish. This place is shit.

The production was handled by Pytten on this album mostly though, apparently.

>not Necroticism

so many people miss the forest for the trees with SDAH
the arrangement goes right over your head and you can only judge it from basic conservative metal conventions

It's just thrashy doom metal album with silly lyrics, TON really improved their songwriting on later albums

>inb4 black metal sucks

"Anthems To The Welkin At Dusk" is a much better album

did we even listen to the same album or are you just that dense? it's an explosive blend of genres in an elaborate arrangement, performed impeccably with crossover thrash instrumentation blended with synths and samples and brilliant lowbrow lyrics delivered in an incredible vocal performance that comes together to convey an atmosphere of supreme desolation and hatred

Damn it does?? I better go give this album a listen!

strap in for a wild ride

And? It still comes as amateur compared to their later work, it's a good album, but it just comes aout as unploished.

Literally no one except Scruffy drones thinks itss their best album

Just compare these two tracks
youtube.com/watch?v=Idfv4wyWfSs

youtube.com/watch?v=Txxz4CzvKnQ

i really don't have anything more to say to you about it, i made my case and evidently it's too advanced for you
too many people in the metal community can't handle anything that doesn't tick the right boxes in the preconceived notions

>it's too advanced for you
kek confirmed for hipster

I heard Cosmic Keys a long time ago and thought ahh this is just more geeky fantasy metal for dudes in ponytails and neck stubble to listen to in their basements. I mean, look at the cover. But if it really is as artistic as you say i should give it a try

didn't know there were people who actually thought this.

no, i was talking about
when i posted

>People actually defending this gimmick garbage of an album
It's no different from every other gimmick garbage 'le we use other genres, synths, etc. to hide our inability to make good compositions" shtick that's been with metal for so long now.

At that time the idea of doing such gimmicky garbage stuff was mainly in some European Power Metal so I can see why people were initially wowed by the album, but just like the huge slew of metal albums that exist today based around certain gimmicks this one isn't that great.

After two thorough listens, I've changed my mind. Every fucking track on this thing sounds exactly the same.

kek