Where do you go next after Bottomless pit? Should they just break up?

Where do you go next after Bottomless pit? Should they just break up?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KOO5S4vxi0o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i hope they make a trillion more albums
and i hope they're all good :(

Jenny Death = Exmilitary 2.0 (Raw, rough around the edges)
Bottomless Pit = The Money Store 2.0 (Catchy and danceable)
Their logical next move would be No Love Deep Web 2.0

They should have broken up BEFORE bottomless pit.

No, they still have enough new ideas to tease some different directions in the future, I think theyre gonna go absolutely insane in their next albums, turn it up to 11, Death Grips 2.0

>he hasn't heard More Than The Fairy

kek

youtube.com/watch?v=KOO5S4vxi0o

no, ptb is exmilitary 2.0 since up my sleeves is like glitched out beware

if by "rough around the edges" you mean "badly mixed." there doesn't exist a cut of that album that doesn't sound like a youtube rip

IF Death Grips have taught you anything by now it should be to forget all expectations. Whatever they produced next will be whatever they produce next, there's no point in guessing til it gets here.
That being said, kind of makes sense.

yes i make pleb jokes sometimes

>bananas
really makes you think...

There next one is going to be off the wall, hard hitting riveting destruction in love. After that, I think there will be a real magnum opus the likes we have never seen in music before with a not government plates, but something else.

It was the first thing they made together and was a free mixtape. For what it was it was great.

that album will probably reveal there was a story to every album all along

I wish they really had stopped after The Powers That B. Bottomless Pit was really nice, but they'll never be able to top Powers.

It's MC Ride's mental psyche development.

I think BP already did, tptb is like their white album, good, ambitious, but not cohesive at all

help me Sup Forums
i can't really enjoy this. i could never really enjoy death grips at all. i always see everyone talking about them like they're the greatest shit ever but i just can't appreciate it
do i just have shit taste? am i a pleb??

Go with their flow. Don't feel. Be.

i feel like people post this every fucking album since tms. smdh

-zach.

>tptb
>not cohesive
You shitting me senpai?

notm and jd are too different

eh

Jenny Death was supposed to be the end. They discovered something accidentally after Jenny Death. Bottomless Pit is the release. They are going to devour again. MC Ride is the fuel. Andy is the fire. Zach is the flames.

shut the fuck up zach

-stefan.

people who think the white album is not cohesive are plebs

also death grips are just going to continue shattering our expectations for a while i think

Sorry I meant consistent

Consistent I meant

I think they should go til they perfect it and then break up

I think they were talking about Jenny Death.

they already did that.

god no

nldw is such a backwards step for them. it's easily the least experimental of their sound and doesn't offer anything new of them. Maybe lyrically...

I want them to self destruct and go full experimental without worrying about being catchy. They've flirted with getting fucked up percussion wise on notm and parts of bp- i want to see something comparable to autechre or squarepusher. Unhinged Zach.
Something harsh enough to make look The Downward Spiral look like top 40s. Darker lyrics and a different style from Stefan. His delivery hasn't changed a whole whole lot. His lyrics have steadily improved though- I don't care about any of this social commentary though. Bottomless Pit doesn't connect emotionally for me mostly because of the lyrical content.

So yes just more intense and experimental plz

Everything you wrote sounds horrible and wrong.

i'm sorry nldw is your favorite lol

It's not. It's my third favourite.

been there

Oh, whatever.

I just REALLY don't want them to continue in a more "listenable" or redundant direction.

But, that's the whole point is that it's a flow.
I really think you don't feel Death Grips how you're supposed to. It's not about the deconstruction. It about the construction from the destruction.

That's how Death Grips have always been because it works and they enjoy it. Just let them make what they want and it'll turn out great.

Lmao DG fans are such idiots

>I really think you don't feel Death Grips how you're supposed to
lol I feel the same way about other people too tho.

>That's how Death Grips have always been
notm and jd were pretty devisive...
I'm just partial to harsher sounds I guess.

I try not to think about the spiritual aspect too much anymore... To me it's just experimental punk. I'm constantly really angry or sad or dissociated. Rage and vibe with it. Stop judging people for their uglier parts. Whatever.

dude
the downward spiral is top 40.
lyrics dont get darker
and rides delivery has grown a lot

>the downward spiral is top 40.

just closer lol

uh, no, like all of it

>sjupposed
oh shit im liking art wrong

>Rage and vibe with it. Stop judging people for their uglier parts. Whatever.

Dude what

yea

it's hard to into words for feelings my mang :(

be mad to it and trip out. They said in an interview something about accepting people... It's pretty obvious in the music/ the cover of TMS and NLDW

or
get over yourself and your obsession with anger and just enjoy good music
hmmmm?

why are you being mean senpai :(

i feel like these guys have an endless amount of ways to introduce new ideas. pretty good at subtly mixing in new styles too so i think they'll be good for a while.

Yeah you're a pleb lol

that wasnt mean.
just good life advice.

no you're an idiot

How do I be not mad or sad :(

The only time it goes away is listening to music or drinking :((((

all this board is is mean

i didnt say dont be mad or sad. emotions are inevitable and beyond control.
i said dont be obsessed with being ragey.

Government Plates (9/10)
Bottomless Pit (8/10)
The Powers That B (8/10)
The Money Store (8/10)
No Love Deep Web (7/10)
Exmilitary (7/10)
Fashion Week (6/10)
Interview 2016 (5/10)

I was just thinking earlier today about how I've started appreciating bottomless pit more. It's almost a 9/10 for me now, when I first listened to it I probably only liked 50% of the songs or less, was around 5-6/10. It really is an incredible album.

got me

NLDW is more experimental than Exmilitary, The Money Store, Jenny Death, and Bottomless Pit. The only ones you can argue are more experimental than NLDW are Government Plates and Niggas On The Moon

honestly yeah, it's grown a lot on me too
they really pushed through with this one
op has a point tho, BP seemed like a culmination of all the best parts of their previous albums. i have no idea where theyre going next but they havent disappointed me yet lol

how is it even experimental?

NLDW is just a bit more minimalistic and lyrically darker version of TMS

Literally the only semi-accessible song on the album is No Love.

this, even though bottomless pit is fun to listen to, it's essentially a money store clone with a couple bits pulled from jenny death

that is neither correct nor an answer

Inaccessible songs on NLDW
>Come up and get me
>Black Dice
>World of Dogs
>lock your doors
>Whammy
>Hunger Games
>Deep Web
>Stockton
>Bass Rattle Stars Out the sky
That's 9/13 making up the majority of the album.
Inaccessible songs on TMS
>Fuck That
that's literally it
Inaccessible songs on Exmilitary
>Blood Creepin
that's literally it

that is a list
not an answer.

what?

>>Blood Creepin
lol
you can hold your jock and wave your arm that that jam, son

a list that proves my point, therefore is an answer. TMS is a noise pop album (dancy beats, hooks in every song) and ExM is just a more abrasive beastie boys.

>a list that proves my point, therefore is an answer
lol no.

Or the I.ly's, if that counts, they released new music under that name.

>TMS
>noise pop

>ExM
>more abrasive beastie boys

nigga whatchu smoking?

>No Love Deep Web 2.0
I like that

>lol these artists made an intended thing where it's literally programmed to make you feel something specific
>i don't like this music
>maybe you are just listening to it with the wrong mood
>LOL MUSIC IS ALL SUBJECTIVE STFU YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING I AM VERY SMART I KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT MUSIC ALL THE WORLD IS SUBJECTIVE AND NIHILISM AND THERE IS NOTHING INHERENT ALL ART IS BASELESS AND FREEFORM AND FOLLOWS NO OBJECTIVE PURPOSE etc.
ayy lmao

Why would BP be their last spot? Every album is incredibly different, and TPTB was their most experimental. There's no evidence they've run out of new directions to move in and they certainly haven't exhausted more experimental directions to move in.

Rating Death Grips is pointless as the albums as a whole exist as one progressive unit.

im sorry, you were saying?

this

i disagree, the outro track (Death Grips 2.0) was the "to be continued" of the band, or thats what i got from it bc On GP was a real closer if anything

andy here, thanks man

-andy.

more jams pls

So for TPTB tour we got Runway E mashed with Blood Creepin and TPTB title track.

Since this is for BP, what will we get, if anything new? Think they will do More Than The Fairy?

NLDW IS NOT EXPERIMENTAL

i'm NOT saying it's not good it's just bordering on regular hip hop... just darkish with cool synths and ride

MAYBE that's why everybody likes it so much +DG fans thinking only they like the super underground inaccessible music

um, i don think you saw THE LIST did you?
dont make me repeat my hot opinion in list form

>Something harsh enough to make look The Downward Spiral look like top 40s
I get the feeling you aren't trying to troll me, and that's both hilarious and infuriating

you can say that about any artist buddy

No, because this is the development of separate entities within the band, rather than the band as a whole. Zach Hill has come so far, but Ride is achieving basically Godhood in a real way.
This can be directly observed outside of the music and just from understanding how they feel. It's music that allows you turn off, as much as you can turn on. It doesn't follow normal musical pattern of rhythm, as the rhythm became completely freeform ahnd subjective based by GP.
But, because the music is made to be listened to with a subjective mind, it gives it an inherent objectivity because it allows a state of nothingness where you can put ANYTHING in.

you can say that about any artist buddy

not only is that not true, accessible is not the opposite of experimental you stupid dickhead

T b h they should've broken up after Jenny death and reformed a new band after that

fuck you guys im gay
ART WOULDNT BE THAT SIMPLE OR ELSE IT WOULD BE POINTLESS WHICH IS WHY MEANINGLESS ART IS POINTLESS

almost everything you said literally doesn't mean anything. like you put a bunch of words together because you thought they sounded nice.

bass rattle stars and stockton are bangers fuck you talkin bout

Why is trash such a trash song? Is that the point?

Everything else on BP is a 10/10 for me

>that last sentence

now THIS is autism

>Why is trash such a trash song? Is that the point?
It can be either or, personally, Trash is lyrically genius

the best art is simple and meaningless and its pointlessness is what makes it great
goddamn utilitarians