>Mickey Baker's Jazz Guitar
mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22
>Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb
>Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

gross

What kind of girl would a Charvel guitar be?

seapunk tumblrina

are we posting our guitars in girl form?

Please no I'll sell it right now

Yes

this is another artist's interpretation of my guitar

you have to guess what my guitar is, i'll give you a hint i payed less than $200 for it

an sg yeah?

EB-0

no and i wasn't being completely truthful, i should've mentioned i got it 2nd hand

Muhn

guess it fags

esp?

red jaguar

They have top build quality but overpriced
I guess an used goods qt would be perfect
Absolutely love mine, would marry
> that feel when you finally buy the guitar you wanted for years and it's perfect
hipster mememachine, looks grumpy

Bc rich

MIM JM (cause she's a Mexican hipster)

She looks asian she can't be a fender model

not that edgy but you're on the right track

Harmony

> the guitar reflects your face

I wouldn't want it, either.

ayy lmao

Jackson

Lel.. i was going to specify bc rich bich but i didn't want to be rude.

i'll just tell you its a black explorer, esp ltd ex50

>those guitars
>a thinkpad

of course

/gg/ please help me choose my new guitar
I play mainly jazz and some indie rock. I'm going to college soon and need a guitar that I can practice with acoustically. My favorite guitarists are John Scofield, Grant Green and Jonathan Kreisberg.

It's between these two similar priced Eastmans I played today
>T386, semihollow, not as loud acoustically
>2 pickups, more versatile, less feedback
>better upper fret access, great modern look
>reliable, but heavier and a little less balanced
>not as great a pure jazz tone

>317CE, full hollow
>louder acoustically, great traditional jazz tone
>one pickup, less versatile
>less upper fret access, great classic look
>lighter, more balanced, but delicate

pic is first

If you were me, which of these two fantastic options would you choose?

user, that was too obscure for a guessing game

well.. i would've taken black explorer...

I would take the first one, but thats just me.

>shiny edition

Not on my fucking watch

So guitar is basically just violin for retards, right?

u jut mad cuz I'm stylin on u with muh dual ssd

>inb4 pic goes upside down

> tfw have 4 black guitars. 3 no pickguard. 2 all black hardware.

A true Sup Forums warrior
I like to have more options and the thinline would be more up my alley.
A good jazz tone definitely can be achieved with it. I kinda feel you can do more overall with the T rather than the full hollow.

You would like this better, i promise

bro get the steinberger string adapter, you can use ANY normal off the shelf string with your spirit. Theyre like 45 bucks and easy to install yourself.

are Agile guitars a meme?

>2 dots at the 7th fret

What? What kind of half rate Chinese knockoff shit is that? Makes zero sense.

>steinberg
Oy vey!

everything is a meme

lol you know what I mean.

This is b8 right?

How do I prevent that scrape like noise when I perform a slide on a bass?

No problems m8 I already ordered a JCustom adapter last week but its gonna be shipped from the US. May take two more weeks.

The highest gauge on double ball end strings are .10s but I prefer .11 daddarios

Just play louder

I'm starting to agree with you guys, it does seem the all around more sensible option

>shilling epiphone
nice try Schlomo

Fingerease
Thats awesome. I know that what Im doing when I buy one soon.

>epiphone

Literal trash. I fell for the epiphone meme a few years back and returned it the next week to get a real guitar, not that pile of firewood and fridge magnets.

Yeah, I feel that the T386 can serve you well and can do more overall. I'd also stick to the most durable guitar if you are taking it to college.

For indie rock the 317CE might not work as good IMHO, so there's another point for the T386.

Don't forget to post pix if you get it :3

I should have enough saved up in a few weeks to buy it comfortably. I found a great one at this little shop just an hour from me that's been on sale a long time. The guys there are really cool and solid, so hoping nobody else snags it and that turns into 'my shop'. Thinking of naming it Carla for no real reason. pics for sure

>"""Tone """" """"woods"""
Don't tell me guitarists actually believe this shit lol.

We all are memesters user

I'm , I've decided to go with the Mememaster over the Jaguar because it seems to have a slightly warmer sound and it doesn't have babby frets, I just have one question. is the Squier J Mascis Jazzmaster worth a damn? I know it's Squier but I've heard some good stuff about it

Is this satire?

sorry user, I'm a little new to guitars, plus I'm a poorfag so

>poorfag
>buys a mememaster

I've been saving up money for like 2 months dude

Do you call yourself the edge lmao

the ol everything is a meme meme

Buy the Classic Player, actually, buy another one later on to make a Jazzblaster

alright, thanks man
I feel stupid in this thread because, admittedly, I'm not very knowledgeable about guitars besides how to play them, and even then I'm just a bit above being mediocre

It's alright man, everyone starts somewhere, just keep playing and one day it will come

I'm thinking about throwing some Ernie Ball heavy bottoms on my '83 strat. Opinions?

oh

not good?

I hope so, I've been playing for a year and a half and I basically just made it to the point where i can play something other than punk proficiently about maybe 3 months ago, I don't have great hand-eye coordination, but I'm sure I'll get better

are you asking for permission or what?

I'm asking for opinions. I'd like some, not snarky remarks.

The best kind of guitar playing is for fun. I've been playing for 10 years and I still suck. Playing for yourself is superior

Yeah, I know
My favorite genres are sludge metal, noise rock, post-hardcore, indie, shoegaze, and midwest emo, nothing too technically demanding anyway

Genres that don't necessarily require virtuosity but emotion, keep on it if that's what you're into. Respectable imo

thanks man

>admittedly, I'm not very knowledgeable about guitars
Jesus H Christ why are you getting an offset then?

If you really want one put .11 gauge strings on it so you don't need to buy any aftermarket bridges like mastery or staytrem because you said you're a poorfag. Solves all >muh string slipping off the saddles problems. You really have to intentionally strum really hard like a madman before the strings jump. These offsets are designed o be used with heavy gauges.

Don't put a mustang bridge on it because the JM fretboard has a flatter radius. you can't properly setup the saddles. It's just headache after headache if you do that.

BUY USED FAGGOT

Too heavy for a strat

Well I dun goofed.

I bought myself an Ibanez solid state combo for $250 used. I really liked the sound; totally excellent for the price, ridiculous gain is available and even fully cranked I can play six-string chords with excellent clarity.

But just as I was breaking down for the night, I stepped on my cable and wrecked the jack. The jack was secured to the chasis by a nut and some plastic threading on the jack. The plastic threading had totally exploded; I found pieces of it scattered around the room.

So I opened up the amp very carefully to confirm that everything was working. The input jack itself is soldered to a PCB which was connected to two three-pin connectors (I think they were the same as those you find on the motherboards of computers for case fans). Everything is in working order, but the jack is still inaccessible when the amp is put back together because it's not mounted to anything.

I'm gonna take it to a local repair shop. I'm nervous that they won't help me because it is a solid state amp, even though it's not a "solid state" problem. A whole bunch of places in my area straight-up won't work on solid state amps, and I understand why but it still sucks. I also can't find replacement parts for this amp. If I really have to, I could just tape a cable to the input jack, but that's a terrible idea.

Also, I'm donkey anus at soldering.

So feel free to laugh at my misery and poke holes in my thinking. Thanks for the help.

Can you combine 6L6 GC with 6L6 GE ?

Yeah. Strats seem more tinny to me. Heavier strings seem like they would be more suited to a jazz guitar or something. I try to only go medium for versatility. Also I play a entry level Gibson sg

Although Heavy Bottoms are 10's, so what the fuck do i know?

what bridge saddles would work on an '83 american strat?

yuck

you can't not post this without a name

left isn't too great, but holy shit right is my dream, I wish girls would wear their hair like that more often nowadays

Get your own little whore, make her yours. Van Halen on and have kids. Never do anything fun again. Thats Kramer guitars in a nutshell.

>Get your own little whore, make her yours

i wish it was that easy, user

post ur blooz face /gg/

Im not a white. My music automatically has more heart and feeling in it. We dont make faces, just music.

>implying the face isn't a reflection of the soul being radiated from the blooz

That faggot is shitting on camera. Fuck the blacks and fuck the whites. The Native American sound is only real sound.

So I'm trying to repaint this black Squier Strat 2 that I just bought because I'm not a fan of the color. How would I go about this? Would Krylon paint suffice, and what's the process like?

paint striper, sand, more sanding, bondo any missing chunks, primer, dry, first coat, dry, second coat, dry, maybe 3rd coat depending on wood. Theres a pdf somewhere on how to paint guitars with nothing but spray cans.

>The Native American sound is only real sound.
Shawna, is that you? I thought you were going to return to the reservation and die from alcohol poisoning.

Selling 60 smokes for $12 to the white man is too lucrative to die. Fire water is what I piss everyday. Nice white teeth, Betty Boo.

Anyone here have or used a Blackstar id core 20, going to see if its in stock at my local shop for a small bedroom amp, what do you think of it, how does it sound, hows the effects etc.

how get that abbey road tone?

the guy with the tele and steinberger just inspired me. what is a good guitar with a modern/unique design like the steinberger? should i just get a steinberger? i definitely want a tele too. i love the utilitarianism and simplicity of both geets and that picture really showcased that.