Radiohead

Radiohead is the undisputed best modern band.

If you disagree you better explain why

does a band count as modern if theyve been around for going on 30 years?

Hey there, I am normie.
I want to listen to radiohead, which album should I go with first?

In Rainbows or OK Computer

OK Computer is a good starting point, but A Moon Shaped Pool is pretty accessible too.

I'll just listen to whichever one of those albums came out first, because I'm a little faggot ass bitch.

Depends. Do you like beep boop or dana nana?

I like the song that goes, beep boop boop bop boop boop beep beep.

>whichever one of those albums came out first
>implying faggots wouldn't listen to the newest one first

You're bad at this.

this album can be chill

but I feel it was mixed really and sounds real thin
Not a big fan of the choir on identikit, the rest of the song was great though, a song I used to hate and cringed when hearing in concert in 2012.

It doesnt have much energy. But I guess they wanted to make a smoother album.

Present Tense is almost/somewhat In Rainbows level good which is cool

Yeah I'm kind of a dorky hipster lol
>proceeds to buy OK Computer on vinyl to play on a crosley record player decorated like the Tardis.

I think the album is a natural evolution of IR but I suppose that depends on how you like your songwriting. IR is a much tighter record while AMSP is more sprawling and texturally dense. That said, one of the few things I wasn't completely on board with on the album was Identikit's synths. The choir didn't bother me but the synths in the 2012 live versions sounded much better IMO. Rest of the song makes the live versions sound like early sketches, though.

arcade fire is better

I agree, I hated the synths too. The tech they use, such as those synths and the drums on Burn the witch really make it clear that its old men using old technology.

I also think AMSP might suit a certain "place"

I heard the first three tracks on a drive through Queenstown, NZ on high roads amongst tall green forest trees and it was very cold. Suited the environment pretty well. The album also makes me think of the awful milky flat whites I had down there as well.

>Radiohead is the undisputed best modern band.
Better start enjoying them now
>If you disagree you better explain why
AMSP will be their last album

>Source
My ass

I recall Radiohead saying something about blending very old tech with very new tech on this album so I kinda get why they did what they did on Identikit if that's the case but those full bodied synths on the live version were sublime and the synth line accompanying Thom's broken hearts bit is mixed too low for my tastes. Sounds fine, just mixed too low. As for the drums on Burn The Witch, I'm a bit more okay with that as a counter aesthetic to the live string sound but I can see someone taking issue with that as well.

The drums arent that bad on BTW, just they are kinda oldschool sounding is all

I've just found them bland half of the time I've listened

Nice color change but AMSP absolutely sounds like the original. That silver/black/white scheme fits the music like a glove.

yeah I agree

Normie here, Paranoid Android is a good song you guys.

>best
>implying good and bad exist

Because Hinder exists. I will my heavy obsession with Hinder to my grave. Extreme Behavior is a 10 Masterpiece of modern rock music. It's pushed the boundaries in the best of ways, through raw emotion and an overall badass image. Thom Yourke is a fucking Whiney ass faggot.

fell for the b8 m8
>explain why
Radiohead is just in the middle of generic pop-indie, and avantfag music. That way it can make them feel like an experimental band that you actually enjoy and allows you to be proud of you "Musical deepnes" when in fact its just a slightly better version of other indie bands. I know a lot of people who feel like the band is at the front line of avant-garde and that musical knowledge is needed to appreciate it.

It's ok that it's your favorite band, but they are so overrated that the word "undisputed" is just wew.

>slightly better version of other indie bands
wew

start with coldplay

a rush of blood to the head
then parachutes
then ok computer

Go fuck yourself.

>If you disagree you better explain why
Radiohead are brilliant, but some people might prefer something different.