You have thirty seconds starting RIGHT NOW to explain how this isn't a 10/10

you have thirty seconds starting RIGHT NOW to explain how this isn't a 10/10

i literally fucking can't do it
JUST

mike love is on it

hang on to your ego and i know there's an answer

kill yourself

All the songs fade out, meaning they lack a satisfying ending.

kek

Shit album art

>sloop john b
It's just so out of place on this album.

Also this. Fading out the ending of a track is a sign of poor songwriting.

Your mom gave me a satisfying ending.

This. Fading out isn't bad in itself, but that it happens on every fucking song of the album makes it feel like a lazy gimmick.

This too

Eh, I quite like Sloop John B. That it's a folk song about an overall shitty trip ('I wanna go home') kinda makes it work within the context of the album, and it showcases how the instrumentation style of Brian Wilson can still transfer very well to more upbeat music.

friendly reminder that Blonde on Blonde is the superior 1966 album

yeah, she ended your fuckin life

pretty satisfying to me

It's a pop album.

Blonde on Blonde is so fucking unoriginal that it hurts.

it's great album art. what do you prefer? it shows the full band interacting with some farm animals. it's hilarious and unique. what do you want

i dunno its kinda hilarious

it's more original than Pet Sounds for sure

shitty album art
annoying voices
beatles rip off
its shitty pop
need any more?

>need any more?
yes

This. And they're a boy band.

The lyrics are extremely banal and devoid of any introspection whatsoever. The extreme straight forwardness works at times though. (I know perfectly well I'm not where I should be, sometimes I feel very sad) Still a very very good album because of the melodies and production.

Sloop John B

>shitty album art
>caring about the album cover

>annoying voices
I happen to think Brian Wilsons voice is just about one of the fucking best to come out ever

>beatles rip off
By this logic every fucking rock band is a Beatles rip off, and don't forget Lennon said how Sgt Pepper's wouldn't of happened with out Pet Sounds

>shitty pop
>the all pop is shit meme

Souvlaki, MBV, Sigur Ros, The Smiths, how are any of these bands shitty?

>need any more?
I know you don't have anything substantial so, no

lmao you're retarded, MBV and Sigur Ros are not pop

when people say Pet Sounds is pop, they mean in the sense that it is very radio-friendly, basically.

>inb4 muh complex harmonies/melodies

they're only slightly complex for pop music

if you want actual complex stuff listen to classical or jazz or more experimental rock

It was experimental maybe 50 years ago, why should I pretend that it's still interesting?

I like the beach boys and this is a classic album, but 10/10? Let's face it, there's a lot of meh songs that seem to go nowhere, the album art does suck, the production wasn't very clear, and you can tell the band was just clocking it in with no emotion because they hated Brian.

I think you may be missing the point user

Take into consideration this context, that the Beach Boys, up to this time in the 60's , were just another pop band following the mold of other pop bands (with a slight edge in their surf-rock success that put them at the top of American entertainers).

Just imagine then, without warning (almost) that these young lads set a new standard for pop/rock that inspired generations to come.

Of course there's been more complex pop releases since then but consider the possibility that they stemmed from Pet Sounds

because it's an 11/10

Sloop John B and that throwaway instrumental track.

Man i really like some songs on it but its like a 6/10 for me.

Because a finished Smile would have been better, and how can this be 10/10 if something is better than it?

???

>how can this be 10/10 if something is better than it?
t. scaruffi

Because its the beach boys

pleb

can't explain it. even as a latefag that listened through it twice just two days ago, i can't deny it. damn, sometimes Sup Forums is okay with your recommendations

Only good track is good vibrations

>Phil Spector tributes are somehow more original
OKAY LOL

my condolences

i wish i could hear it for the first time again