Burzum

What is your favorite Burzum album? I'm personally inclined to say Filosofem, but Hvis Lyset Tar Oss has Det Som En Gang Var which I regard as one of the best metal songs of all time. The soundscapes that Varg creates are unlike anything I've ever heard before. Also, general black metal thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UOp75tT8AjM
youtu.be/m-e_-hFTaio
thuleanperspective.com/2013/10/14/hallow-heal/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Also what do you guys think of his ambient shit? I really thought Hlidskjalf wasn't that bad.

I think Varg is a faggot, oh, and OP is too.

burzum's voice sounds like gollum being tortured

xD

I thought Sup Forums liked Varg :(

Burzum fucking sucks dick lmao fuck off plebtron

yes, that's the idea

we like Varg but we don't like newfag plebs who don't check the catalogue
also Filosofem is usually the Burzum album hipsters prefer because it's more ambient than his older material but they can't be assed to check out his recent material.

Actually it was Sup Forums that introduced me to Burzum 6 years ago, I was just checking if you guys still like him

gone are the days when varg was considered Sup Forumscore. nu-Sup Forumstards have taken over i'm afraid. grimes this, death grips that - summer will be over soon too.

Dauthi Baldrs is my favourite. It really took me by surprise when I discovered lots of people hate it.

filosofem is my favourite, but the debut album is really good too
I don't really like his newer stuff though

it lacks guitars, he wasn't allowed to use drums or a guitar in prison

He did so much for Black metal that it's hard no to respect the dude. I just can't really get into his stuff.

and yet he still claims his music isn't black metal

i just ordered a Burzum-patch for my battlejacket

hope you g-guys don't h-hate me for it...

post pic

still in the mail, but it looks like this

postage-prices are fuck-huge when ordering anything from burgerland, but this patch only costed me like 6 euros in total.

Lets see the jacket

yeah and also show us your pants and socks please

away from home, don't have it on me right now

i can tell you it's mostly a thrash-jacket tho, but it's my first battlejacket so far so there's really no standard to what kind of patches i'll be sowing on

if the patch won't blend in nicely with my other patches, then i'll guess i'll just stick it on my old leather jacket

Do you have pic related out of the way?

Self titled desu

no, i listened to their debut, but i didn't feel like buying patches from bands that i don't really listen to

the album was good and all, but i didn't feel compelled enough to listen more.

I feel like I'm seeing this everywhere lately

Fair enough. I feel the same about buying merch

new listener(s) I guess

I've not gotten around to his solely ambient releases, but Tomhet is one of my favourite songs of all time.

exactly. patches aren't as expensive to buy as official t-shirts for example, but getting interrogated by someone who actually is a fan of some band like Bathory is something i'm truly terrified about. i've already been asked a few times about my favorite albums from some artist that i had patch of in my jacket.

it also sucks that bands that i really like don't really sell merch like patches and shirts, but i've been thinking about doing some patches of my own.

post underrated albums

btw, i can tell you that i have some pleb-tier patches there too (some that my friends gave me and i sowed on without a second thought) like an Iron Maiden-logo and Metallica's Master of Puppets- and Kill Em All-covers on on the left and right side of the jacket. but my favorites probably are the Sakara Records-logo (pic related) on the right side of my chest, alongside with an Umbrella Corporation-logo on my left elbow

>6 years ago
holy fucking shit dude how come you didn't get into black metal in your teenage years?

>no Ride the Lightning
Step it up

In a different thread some guy said he was 13 so maybe that guy is just starting his teenage years.

Shit I just started this year basically

you have 30 minutes to explain why Burzum isn't the greatest metal has ever produced and isn't basically our generation's Richard Wagner.

starting . . . now

hlidskjalf is the only half decent one, the ways of yore, sol austan and barldr are garbagee

this is.. huh.. wow!

Burzum's the most overrated black metal band ever.

Made long meandering attempts at black metal which are a complete waste of time when bands did similar stuff without wasting any time with repetition where nothing changes.

Then arguably created a genre in dungeon synth, but is the absolute worse dungeon synth artist out there where it's again repetitive simple boring shit while other dungeon synth artists have pushed it further by combining medieval music and metal's approach to moving through hooks to make something far more interesting.

Post-jail Burzum was first a shit attempt at boring folk stuff, now a shit attempt at ambient garbage. Both styles somewhat out of date and done far better by other artists. I guess Varg really wasn't paying attention to what was actually going on in the type of music he makes.

Who did Burzum influence? The black metal bands that continued to build on what happened in the 90s? No, Burzum influenced BBH bands and shitty hipster black metal. Both some of the shittiest and most boring type of music to come out of black metal. It's quite fascinating how much BBH and hipster black metal bands get a ton of hate, but never Burzum for doing exactly the same thing those bands are worthy of hating for.

Is he autistic?

youtube.com/watch?v=UOp75tT8AjM

they are pretty cool, varg was always very good with ambient instrumentals

This album is pretty underrated, it's much better than the first one and i think it has more emotion too

assburger, both him and his wife

Holy shit I never realized that pic related is at the bottom of that album cover

Varg aged like crazy, he still looks pretty young in this interview, and looks like an old man in his YouTube channel
youtu.be/m-e_-hFTaio

Yeah. Varg softly aged into a viking elder himself, but as a whole he's aged way too fast. I'd say prison did that, but Nordic prison means you can make dungeon synth so

His wife is probably autistic, but Varg himself is just probably narcissistic enough to kill a dude who didn't agree with him (even though Euronymous was a fag) and develop his own isolated dungeons synth and role playing game shit. I guarantee his wife understands nothing about D&D.

Nah, Panzerfaust is pretty well regarded, this is their most underrated album

in that interview about them being accused of terrorism she seems normal, where are you getting this autism from?

people like to throw around Varg maybe having autism but I legit think he might be a psychopath, and i'm not one to just throw that around at anybody who vaguely matches the criteria

I don't think any of the albums from before he went to prison can really be considered underrated.
Pic related is the most underrated Burzum album.

Xdxdxdxd

What's the best Burzum worship band?

Wigrid - Hoffnungstod sounds almost as good as the first two Burzum albums

Paysage d'Hiver managed to create the same atmosphere as Filosofem and Hvis Lyset Tar Oss on several of his albums.

I don't like metal but i like Varg

Varg is not autistic but his wife is.
thuleanperspective.com/2013/10/14/hallow-heal/

can you explain this? I've seen many posts saying he's a psychopath but in his videos he just talks about european culture and roleplaying games, seems like a chill guy

Favs?
>Burzum
>Filosofem

And I really like Fallen to tell the truth.

Also Satanic Warmaster. And Peste Noire. But that is not Varg.

what do you guys think about vargs political and historical views?
I personally agree with alot of what he says, but sometimes he just goes full retard

I like his music, but I got in to an argument with him on Youtube about vaccines (he staunchly opposes them) and some of the stuff he said was so mind-bendingly retarded that it's quite hard to like/respect someone after hearing them say it.

Varg-tip: Vaccines are only for viruses, never bacteria. He knows this because a "doctor" friend of the family told him.

trips don't lie
I'm pretty sure he's one of those people who can't accept that they're wrong

>I'm pretty sure he's one of those people who can't accept that they're wrong
He definitely doesn't.

The thing with conspiracy theorists like Varg is that when you give them solid evidence contrary to their beliefs, they dismiss it by saying shit like "Wow, you actually trust peer reviewed medical studies? You're such a sheep". Somehow multitudes of studies (from credible sources) aren't enough, but websites called shit like "vactruth.com" are completely unbiased and perfect because it fits their narrative.

It wouldn't piss me off so much if it wasn't for the fact that he has like 3 kids who he's directly affecting.

faggots are faggots! so why should it be? that you and should get along so awfully?!