Show me castles/fortresses/garrisons/old shit from your cunt

Show me castles/fortresses/garrisons/old shit from your cunt

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_star_forts
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perperikon
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is it floating?

Burg Eltz

We have a lot of star forts from the 16th-18th centuries.

Burg Cochem

L'Anse aux Meadows in Newfoundland is the oldest Euro settlement in the New World; it was founded around 1000 AD by vikings.
They built the fence and earthenworks fortifications to protect against vicious skraelings.

wow, thats comfy af

Burg Katz

Medieval Times Los Angeles

somebody built a new house in the middle of it? kek

In my town is blockhouse. Built for the War of 1812 on a promontory overlooking a bay shared with the U.S. It was part of a chain that tan along the coasts in areas where Americans might attack or smuggle.
The interior is still decorated as it would have been in the early 19th century with uniforms and such.

There are 3 of the large naval cannons, we used to fire them for things like Canada Day, ostensibly the practise was halted due to possible stress fractures in the barrels, in reality the Americans across the bay complained about active cannons pointing at them.

Schloss Braunfels

Burg Hohenzollern

It's a church.

DOG BLES

Olavinlinna (Olaf's Castle)
15th-century three-tower castle. It is the northernmost medieval stone fortress still standing.

My dad worked here as a historian or something and since its been converted into a museum/hotel we got to sleep there during a holiday, but we were the only people on the entire island so it got pretty fucking creepy

Schloss Lichtenstein

Ruins from 1519

I am always so jelly about these.
This is the best we have left.

>tfw it was not even taken in 30 years war
>tfw the faggot ruler gave it to Napoleon without a fight and he blew it up

>point cannons at America
>America complains
>apologize and remove cannons
Every time with you cucks

Burg Wernigerode

>bongs fired literally thousands of cannon balls and rockets at this
>couldn't hit it
Really provokes deep introspection.

How it looked before.

You also made us secure our enormous fertilizer depot at Bayside.
Apparently the nearby Yanks weren't very happy with a giant unsecured warehouse full of easily weaponised nitrate fertilizer on right on the border.

Don't worry, we found a way to get you back

We've got lot's of them, pretty much every city that's over 300 years old was a star fort.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_star_forts

that's the actual Burg Frankenstein

Burg Reichenstein

Burg Rheinfels

>that restaurant

Man, such things should really not be allowed.

>not beautiful, but massive and effective

Kremlin of Nizhniy Novgorod

Not a castle etc, but this is one of the oldest known pubs in England built in the early 1200s in nottingham.

Rostov

Kremlin of Yaroslavl

Burg Altena

That's true. I can understand that they are short on money for the restauration, but this destroys the actual purpose of the castle

Is it more expensive to live inside the walls?
Or is it around the same price? For the house I mean

Schloss Löwenburg

Not the biggest castle, but thanks to the massive (still there today) city fortification it was never taken (outside WW2, but tanks/planes and castles... well).

Looks like something from Lord of the rings

Burg Stahleck

How come you guys didnt bomb them, did they got restored or did you avoid hitting them on more modern wars

Burg Sooneck

kind of

Segovia is your city

More than half of them actually got bombed. And thousands got destroyed in the wars before. It's just alot of castles, too much to restore all of them. That's why lots of them are held privately.

Fort San Lorenzo

Well, many of them are not really in city centers and therefore were not bombed in WW2.
In the wars before most castles were destroyed (especially 30 years war and Napoleon) and most of the castles today actually look like pic related oreven worse today.
Still there were so many back then that some survived.

and here is from old town town of Nessebar

We have a city that has been partially built inside one. Also has our Reserve Officer School and a garrison where I served in.

FUG

nice

Oldest in Europe, 1450 bc

Didn't they copied this fortress in the video game Stronghold ?

nuragic castles are underrated desu

thanks

Yes, sadly many of them were dismantled in the 19th century to make new roads and buildings, one of the biggest ones has been dismantled to its foundations, it was built inside a 20 hectars settlement

I believe so

there is more ancient than that we just dont discovered and restored them yet
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perperikon

Probably, in Sardinia itself there are other older fortifications such as Monte Baranta from 2700 bc, while the typical Nuraghi were built from 1800 to 1100 bc

man that's fucking sad, to think they withstanded 3300 years just to fall for that

cheyenne mountain complex

built to survive several direct hits from h-bombs

>when you country is too small to have proper castles
Why did Spain not build more of them for us.

is that where the Americans hide the stargate?

because our castle were for the reconquista

most of them are very simple and not too big for strategic reasons like domination of zones. The biggest ones are normally mejorations (made by the christians) of muslim castles or are royal castles