Is This Album Emo?

Many people say this is a midwest emo record. Is it?

If midwest emo was a thing, sure.

It's definitely emotional but this is far from what I would consider typical of the 'emo' trend.
Who cares anyways?, music shouldn't be defined by labels.
>is this album emo? Many people say this is a so-cal emo album

Nice meme user, I am surprised this album isn't talked about more on Sup Forums.

Who cares? Take a deep cut and fuck off unty.

Dis nigga

>I am surprised this album isn't talked about more on Sup Forums.

Maybe that's because Sublime's other 2 albums are way better in every way. I don't understand how people enjoy that garbage of an album.

i'll say yeah, i think it is. i also consider their first album to be midwest emo. both are tagged with it as a secondary on RYM.

>so cal emo
no such thing

also TLCW does have some twinkle

I think you are being too harsh
Greatest hits
Pool shark
Boss dj
I think it's a few gems and some ok songs with musical garbage as filler.

You just aren't doing enough drugs
:^)

It's not from the midwest so idk. Definitely has a few things in common with other pnw emo type bands like lync tho.

I think MM is kinda like Weezer. They're in the space between alternative rock and emo

since when does midwest emo have to be made by a band from the midwest?

i was thinking about this too, except modest mouse is usually considered indie rock as opposed to alternative (at least their earlier work is).
both bands first two albums are considered to be their best and are their only emo records.

Some points of disagreement:
1. Blue Record is not emo, but Pinkerton is.
2. Moon and Antarctica may qualify as emo, although it's certainly a mark of transition in the band's style.
3. LCW and MA are considered the two best MM records, not This is a Long Drive and LCW.

I'll be old and say that I remember in 2004 before emo was black fringes, eye liner and possible self harm hearing As the Roots Undo, and being "Oh, so this is emotional hardcore - Sweet!"

yeahhhhhh but Long Drive and LCW ARE the best

Yeah, it is. Explains why I can't listen to these whiny cunts anymore.

skramz

No

>Sup Forums calls anybody who even hints to smoking pot "degenerate scum"

>wonders why sublime isn't talked about more often

Those are Sup Forumstard invaders

Not him but yes, and Long Drive is also more emo than MA

this

the first track is definitely emo