Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0Gkhol2Q1og
youtube.com/watch?v=pkru_dpu9mw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He didn't really whine in his lyrics.

he was too good for this world

He didn't really whine in his music

privileged brat

he had everything handed to him and threw it all away because of "muh crippling depression"

if he had survived and continued making music he'd be on the same plain as dylan by now

He just needed a hug
No bully pls

Oh, woe is me, life is so hard even though I'm a rich prick who went to Cambridge.

Had it all, wealthy respected family, best schools, good athlete, threw it all away to do drugs and fuck around to create the "muh tortured artist" image. He's fucking laughable. At least people like Cobain and Curtis had shit lives. This spoiled fuck had everything and just ended up doing to many fucking drugs and killing himself because he had his families wealth to fall back on.

He didn't really whine

am I the only one that thinks Pink Moon really isn't that sad?

I don't think it's sad, I hate his nasally voice and the way he arranges songs. The only people who think it's sad are naive hipsters who "totally understand him, he was such a tortured soul".

virgin.

His music is boring pretentious shit

Samefagging.

>I need to do with my life what I'm supposed to because daddy has money

pathetic

More like
>daddy has money and a guaranteed future just waiting for me but I'll throw it all away and make shitty folk and kill myself

Pink Moon is objectively one of the greatest albums of all time and everyone hating on it itt is a faggot desu senpai

He looks like a romantic composer desu

This isn't true though. I thought it was fairly middling

Cobain was just as much a spoiled manchild, the only thing bad the happened to him was his parents' divorce and divorce is really common

Lmao his parents encouraged his creativity and didn't pressure him at all. They let him bum around their house in a drug addled stupor most of the time. He was a fucking idiot.

It's really really average. People only praise his music because he was "le troubled soul who le killed hissself XD I can totally relate XD"

Sorry, but nope. It's a good album, but it doesn't even come close to one of the greatest of all time.

Divorce is the norm if you're some spoiled middle class brat from an inner city suburb, it's a lot tougher on family's who are borderline living in poverty in some shit hole town hours away from anything, like Kurts.

youtube.com/watch?v=0Gkhol2Q1og

>had a chance to get with Francoise Hardy
>be too beta to speak to her

yeah I would've killed myself too

Ian Curtis
Kurt Cobain
Nick Drake
Tupac
Lou Reed
John Lydon
What's with all these spoiled depressed posers? It's funny how spoiled middle class people are afraid of making spoiled middle class music and have to pretend to be more troubled than they are

shieeet wrong thread, ignore this.

Being middle class and normal is troubling because it feels like you have no identity and are looked down upon from both sides

nah man, I love the album, but it's not really that sad

This should be on a banner at the top of every page on Sup Forums

Come on, middle class Americans have it better than anyone else. No reason to wallow in self-pity or be depressed. Life is shit easy

perfect for the average Sup Forums listener.

>middle class Americans have it better than anyone else
I can't believe Americans were stupid enough to fall for this

I'm not American, but being middle class is only shit easy if the things you want from life are stability and healthy income. A lot of people value other things in life more though, me included

Are you referring to the middle class part or are you a butthurt Yuropoor
If you're middle class it's much easier to get more from life and you have more freedom

You can't deny Nick Drake had some sick ass lyrics.

youtube.com/watch?v=pkru_dpu9mw

I disagree, it seems like most working class people get more from life than I ever well, because they appreciate the big and small moments more

You're generalizing your experience to everyone because you have limited perspective. Fuck off and let people like what they like.

What do you mean by that
No

Actually Nick wasn't depressed when recording pink moon.

the greatest artist to ever live. so many idiot hipsters in here. lets see you make something even remotely real with your fake personality.

fruit tree is the saddest song written.

>middle class people actually believe their pain is more intense than poor peoples because of tgeir preconceived notions of normalcy.

Holy fuck. I've heard it all. I actually kek'd at this post.

rape is common
even genocide is common, really

You're far more likely to get those other things from life when you have middle class stability and a healthy income. ie. a good woman, the money for life experiences etc.

Holy shit middle class cunts are deluded.

What are you trying to say. It's all relative at the end of the day and suffering isn't easily categorised into class or race or anything else. It's an individual thing. All I meant was that being middle class and white makes me a feel a lack of identity or 'credibility' and that could make someone feel alienated or depressed

Like when I think of living the life of say. my Grandad, who was a mechanic all his life, raised a family, had a bit of money later on but still lived in a council house; that doesn't sound fulfilling to me, but I know that he loved his life and could appreciate little things because he was dirt poor when he grew up and so anything remotely 'middle class' or different to his usual day to day life was extremely exciting to him

Lmao fetishizing the "working class experience" because you perceive them to be an inferior and less educated and self aware demograpgic who feel happier when they ocassionally have things go their way once in a blue moon. Leterally fuck off. It's real fun when tou can't go to the doctor because you don't have health insurance and needs to eat fucking beans in a can to pay next months rent! But yeah! It's way more fulfilling when something happens to the working class! They appreciate it more!

>a good woman
How did you figure that one out? Also being born middle class doesn't mean I'm going to have income when I'm older; most working class people will earn more than me when I go into a career unless I'm very lucky

That's not what I was saying at all you fucking tosspot. You're talking about poverty, that's not the same thing at all. Why do some idiots assume that being working class = being on the dole and not being able to feed you kids. That's just insulting

Le it's all relative meme XD typical middle class brat.

Life is objectivly much harder when you're poor and unhappy than when you're just unhappy. Working class have the same identity problems you have just without the money. How can you be this deluded?

No, they have different identity problems. Obviously money is an issue that some working class people have that I don't (however not all working class people are poor can we get that straight, it's as much a social class as it is related to income)

Pink Moon is one of my favourite albums of all time. I listened to it a lot when I was in the hospital for a while.

They have exactly the same identity problems you fucking pleb. White working class and white middle class share an indentity that transcends class, the only difference is one demographic has more money to throw around in the process of analyzing that identity crisis.

But my identity crisis stems from being middle class, that personally bothers me. A working class person cannot have the same crisis because they're not middle class

>Ian Curtis

He came from a fucking council estate in Macclesfield. He lived in a borderline third-world post-industrial shithole

Lmao you're an absolute nu-male, thats your problem.

Wow. Everyone in this thread is retarded. Congratulations everyone.

1. Don't know much about Nick Drake aside form a few songs which were good. He could have been a spoiled dolt who killed himself for attention. But chances are he had depression, which is a mental illness that sometimes leads to suicide. Even people who are well-off can get depression and feel that their lives are meaningless. I don't know why this is such a difficult concept to process, but apparently it is.

2. Yes, being a middle-class American is, objectively, better than 99 percent of the world. That's pretty undeniable. But you can still suffer from depression which can turn your life to shit. You're obviously better off than someone who is extremely poor and depressed because at least you have access to support. But dismissing suffering, no matter where it's found, is autistic.

3. I'm not excusing attention whores or middle-class idiots who are self-obsessed and suffer as a result. This could have been Nick Drake's situation. I don't know. But even if it was does it diminish his music? There are a shit ton of great artists who also happened to be whiny cunts let alone bad people. So what?

4. Stop trying to be edgy tryhards.

He got an mental illness because he dropped too much acid and smoked too much pot. It was his own fault.