Math Rock > literally any other genre

Math Rock > literally any other genre

The above statement hasn't been proven wrong yet. And so I wait for your responses. Just think of it, has there ever been a Generally bad math rock band? I dare you to try and find one only to find yourself sweating like a retard pig.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p0mAVTcKHdo
youtube.com/watch?v=JZqZCS0rCmE
youtube.com/watch?v=cxb38JvXi2M
youtube.com/watch?v=RajTM19TOVs
youtube.com/watch?v=rMwPYMr7eJY
youtube.com/watch?v=Zgyf0tmdx_E
youtube.com/watch?v=m-tN5MpI_g4
cleft.bandcamp.com/
alarmist.bandcamp.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Also

>inb4 B8 XD

Math rock is just prog for nu-males

send me the best math rock

It is a more advanced version of progressive rock but I don't understand how it's for nu-males. Care to elaborate

do you know icarus the owl?

Floral - Floral
TTNG - Animals (not for everyone but I love it)
Enemies - We've been talking

tera melos - Drugs to the dear youth
shellac - Terraform
65DOS - The Fall of Math

it's not our job to prove you wrong, it's your job to prove that you're right.

colour - anthology

I already did

>find a single generally bad math rock band

wot gorilla - kebnekaise

Find a single generally bad [insert genre here] band

Pro tip: you can't!

softy emo math is American Football - American Football.an incredible album

Anything by toe

Time machine modulus

Why would you listen to Math Rock when you can listen to jazz

Yes. You can. There are shitty Rappers. Shitty pop artists. Shitty repetitive 4chord rock songs. However Math Rock is literally impossible to sound bad (instrumentals at least)

It's gimmicky and too sterile. Give me delta blues any day.

50% of math rock bands are boring instrumentally, the vocals for a lot of these bands don't help either.

Even assuming this given is true (it's not):
>There are no bad math rock bands
The statement
>Therefore, math rock is the best genre
Does not logically follow from that assumption. The existence of bad [insert genre] does not mean that the whole of that genre is worse than the whole of math rock.
You've proven nothing except that you're an annoying twat, and you should stop posting, hole yourself up in your room and play all the math rock your heart desires

>boring instrumentally

Spotted the guy who likes 4chord kiss songs

Kiss fucking sucks, but if you're gonna have technicality, you need decent songwriting to back it up, something a lot of math rock bands don't have.

>decent songwriting

In what way? Lyrically? Or did you expect ABBA song structures and got mad when it was different

>you need decent songwriting to back it up

I wouldn't say that. Look at Don Caballero.

Animals is worst ttng album, shitty fucking emo nasally vocals lol
hank4lyfe

Fuck OP but Is this a math rock thread then?
If so this album is fucking great

I expected songs with a solid base to them instead of just wankery. They don't need to be pop tunes with a verse-chorus structure (I'd prefer it if they aren't), but they need to at least leave a fucking impression.

That's exactly the type of wankery I'm talking about.

Math rock sucks and is boring af

If you can't get an impression from the "wankery" I dunno what to say. That shit's great to me. All that said, I prefer math-rock with vocals and with more post-rock elements.

The best kind of math rock is instrumental tho

Math rock is for nerdy hipsters with short shorts and thick rimmed glasses

do you wear long shorts?

They wear 70's dad short shorts and have chubby thighs

>Typical math rocker

Would Strawberry Girls count as math rock?

is there any genre that fans of have good fashion?

Pop

I don't see why people like looking like feminine men who could get beat up by a girl under 5'3"

F E C K I N G
B A H A M A S

>you will never get beat up by a short girl

what beer were they drinking at this show?

Don caballero - what burns never returns
Chon - grow
The classic slint
Mimisiku - the thrill of living

PBR

thanks man. sounding good already

Pretty sure he's bating. Anyone that uses that phrase should be banned for being underage.

Lone star
Fosters
Trader joe's cheap beer

Looks like a steel reserve 40

what the fuck is this garbage

give me shit like delta sleep Sup Forums

nah s/t and Animals are TTNGs best stuff

yoooo ttng is great

what shitty meme is this?

listening to this atm.
great mathy punk/emo

if you REALLY want to go nuts then check out Yowie:

youtube.com/watch?v=p0mAVTcKHdo

this album took a bit to sink in for me but it's just relentless once you get into it

TTNG is fucking terrible, especially as math rock does.

>the rhythm

>b8: the post, the autist

most math rock bands are really generic and boring. Algernon Cadwallader is the only math rock band I could listen to repeatedly.

>WAAAAAAHHHHH
>STOP DISLIKING WHAT I LIKE

Math rock as a genre is inherently cheesy, pretentious and soulless and I don't like most of it

is that derrick shanholtzer-dvorak?
>good guitarist
>annoying dude
>can't call her a dude cause she's actually a transgirl
>yeah i know

it's the most huurrr duurrr pizza and cats xDDD we're in a band called studying and here's our song "Caterpillar Couchy Smalltown Ellen Page Movies"

Fucking sick of all these math rock/emo revival/pop punk bands of the last five years so many shitty generic ones.

Huh, weird. Animals is the only album I've to by them and I liked it. What's their best album in your opinion?

This. I've seen so many shitty/esoteric/"lolz look how random we are" math rock bands, I can't even start.

This one comes to mind, but it's one of so so many: youtube.com/watch?v=JZqZCS0rCmE

This Town Needs Guns EP with their first vocalist is their best work. Thats it. Everything else is pretty terrible.

That song is alright. Relax, man.

I enjoyed that

tiny moving parts are a fucking awful pleb tier math band.

pretend are good though: youtube.com/watch?v=cxb38JvXi2M

Soft math-rock TTNG is fucking disgusting

The song name is weird, but it sounds pretty good.

>people listen to this in 2016
That's depressive.

>believes music goes out of date

Battles - Mirrored
Fuck everything else this is truly the best

YESTERYEAER STILL RINGS IN MY EARRRRRRR LIKE BUTTONS AD BENS

Hard mode -- math rock that is more like hella, noisier stuff.

i meant recommend me some.

>That's depressive
what did he mean by this?

Not really pure math but has mathy sections.

youtube.com/watch?v=RajTM19TOVs

math rock is what a lot of people - not everyone, but too many that it cannot simply be ignored - get into when they want to stroke their ego and feel 'superior' because their taste in music is more "complex" than their peers. in reality anyone that's taken even an entry level high school music theory class or read through any book on the subject can tell that it's really just the same streamlined and repetitive garbo as everything else in the last 60 or so years and builds that illusion of technical proficiency via layering and perpetuum mobile writing

just because there's a lot going on doesn't mean it's complex or even good you guys. and all these bands with emo looking faggots in them suck [no exceptions].

the logical and non-plebeian alternative to math rock that truly separates the edgy, tryhard teenagers from the untouchably transcendent patrish is experimental rock, that's where things get good and honestly you're a fool if you can't see why without even listening to it in the first place

there are lots of places to start though the thing that defines this genre is that none of them (the bands and artists and groups) are really all that similar to each other, allow me to recommend some tracks that'll really scratch that itch you've been having, you know the one i'm talking about

youtube.com/watch?v=rMwPYMr7eJY

youtube.com/watch?v=Zgyf0tmdx_E

youtube.com/watch?v=m-tN5MpI_g4

i imagine that last one is going to be a bit too dense for most of you but it's a lot like classical music in that you have to really listen to it a couple of times before it starts to kick in and then it's just pure unadulterated excellence which can only come from a well crafted and unique harmonic language and a keen attention to form

remember Sup Forums it's your civic duty to educate yourself and not make a mockery out of this board, there are very important people watching and it would be a shame to disappoint them

pretend are great

cleft.bandcamp.com/

bretty gud

Dunno if this is what you mean, but try out Giraffes? Giraffes!, LITE, Fall of Troy, Battles, and Planets.

Giraffes? Giraffes!, LITE, and Battles are pretty sweet. IMO Fall of Troy is mediocre, but the melody is kind of like noisier TTNG.

We posting bandcamps now?

alarmist.bandcamp.com/

Alarmist is the shit

thanks for opening my eyes to your enlightened opinion, user.

Ya i like all these bands but they don't really come close to hella. I feel like nothing really ever will. There is just something really noisy and raw and unpolished about hella that i can't find in other bands.

i was digging that until the vocals came in

>i was digging that until the vocals came in
Literally half of math rock

Not everyone can like skramz i guess.

those vocals are better than the high pitched crooning they normally have at least