How is Hungarian beer?

How is Hungarian beer?

Is it any good compared to Czech or German beers?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eger_wine_region
youtu.be/420A9dja88I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The only hungarian beer I tried was local stuff made by szekelys. It was good, but it wasn't as good as the stuff I usually drink.

I would guess the beer in Hungary is much different 2bh

meanwhile they have good and a big variety of craft beers, their general ones suck ass big time.

It's mostly shit. There are some cheap drinkable ones, but nothing too great. The craft beers are nice. Thankfully you can just easily buy czech and german beer here.

Is Czech beer even that good? aren't they known for just brewing pilsner lagers?

Only the craft beers are good.

Try wine tho, its pretty fucking great. Also, only buy that shit in vinoteques, the supermarket ones are usually italian sink juice with fancy packaging.

Yes, mostly, but they've been doing it long enough to master it. Protip: your authentic czech beer in the states is neither authentic nor czech, if that's what youre basing your oinion on.

Bit watery for my taste.
Probably you can find more than enough good small breweries there.

It is, not just Pilsner. (Pils is Pils, not Lager btw)
What really is overrated is Belgium beer. They try to hard to do some extrem/fency shit. i.e. mix beer what ever they can find (and still call it beer), try to make extremely strong beer etc.
So far I have no idea why people say they make so great beer and I had quite a few of theirs.

Yeah, it's better than most. Still prefer ours over it, but maybe like said, we're probably not getting the real deal.

Same for German beer.
Was in Russia once and the host bought "German" beer for me. After one I went back to Vodka and Russian beer for the rest of my visit.

Good for us, if you arent fucking homeless ,you probably can afford a weekend trip to Czechia

I've never heard about any Hungarian beer, but they make very good wine:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eger_wine_region

mikor csinálsz végre /kurva anyátok/ fonalat?

Dreher is pretty good tbqh

I knowledge your greatness

Wait, I thought Hungary was a Muslim country? They drink beer?

The drink of Walloonia used to be wine until the 18th century when the French destroyed their vineyards in the wars of Revolution against the Austrian Empire. Belgian beer culture descends directly from wine culture, from the glasses, to the flavours, to the ritual of drinking.

It's generally considered one of the best countries for beer because the Belgian appreciate what's the glass more than thirst Germans, and it shows.

Belgian beer is for drinking slow and appreciating.

Here's a Canadian documentary on Belgian beer: youtu.be/420A9dja88I