Who is the most overrated musician of all time?

Who is the most overrated musician of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9YTbn8sEIQ0
youtube.com/watch?v=rzzQx6odC18
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Richard D. James

Definitely not the lofi musician whose most famous song has just barely a million views on YouTube

I'd agree but considering how many people have covered him though I think there's gotta be something there

youtube.com/watch?v=9YTbn8sEIQ0
youtube.com/watch?v=rzzQx6odC18

Animal Collective without a doubt

anco is a musician?

my bad
noah lennox then

either Lennon or his buttbuddy Paul

Eminem

if we're going off JUST solo material, it's OBVIOUS Lennon is insanely overrated, especially compared to Paul.

if we're going off JUST Beatles material, it's OBVIOUS Lennon is insanely overrated, especially compared to Paul.

I'm not saying Paul is perfect, nor that he's made any particularly good music in a while. But come on.

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.

David Bowie

The Beatles.

Jimi Hendrix

>nor that he's made any particularly good music in a while
Please direct your attention to where you will be given the opportunity to apologise for your libel.

Tom Petty

his hits are horrible
who made him famous

Top 5
1-Lennon
2-Elton John
3- Bruce S
4-Billy Joel
5-Any Grunge Rocker

Joan Cornella LITERALLY made a career of plagiarizing Daniel Johnston's album art

oops here's the one

Whoever is the most popular musician of all time

>Billy Joel
YOU TAKE THAT BACK

Beethoven

The Beatles. They were a mediocre boyband with a few decent songs

shhh, The Beatles ARE the greatest band ever.

snek related

Yanni

gay fish [spoiler]xD[/spoiler]

fight

Nirvana

But they've been getting dragged through the dirt lately by critics and Sup Forums alike

Down there is ten times better than any album made by Noah

The epitome of overrated is Person Pitch. It's just not as good as Tomboy.

>Tom Petty
>his hits are horrible

Fuck you, user.

fucking these

amen

this is an awful opinion
you're officially RETARDED if you believe this

Jimi Hendrix. His songs are just kinda meh, idk.
Maybe he was a pioneer of some sort.
Talented? Yes.
But as far as a creator of really good songs, i don't think so.
Voodoo child riff was kinda neat though.

>Maybe he was a pioneer of some sort.
literally invented modern rock

Anyone from The Beatles.......

>Jimi Hendrix invented modern Rock
>Literally

Fank Zappa, at least by his fans

listen to the Cream album from that same year to hear the difference

One of the best guitarists ever, not overrated, although his solo work is spotty post-ATMP

hello you are a joke to your friends and family (i guess not the LITERALLY retarded ones) goodbye

DJ doesn't have black dot eyes patented

that's not the original artwork of the album...... that was completely redrawn/redone because the original drawing's lines was too "thin" for the CD so they had an artist redo the album art.

jokes on you I dont have any friends

Which one is the second one? The album that isn't Chaos and Creation

New Order >>>>> Joy Division

what did he mean by this

Sounds of Liverpool or something I think

t. Faget

The album you probably were thinking of was Liverpool Sound Collage, but nah it wasn't it. I found it though, it's called Electric Arguments. Thanks tho

No

All these contrarians want to feel edgy on Sup Forums by discrediting the Beatles

fucking lol, like clockwork. Anything that's widely accepted by normies you want to hate to differentiate yourselves from to seem more into music than them

this

I can't believe no one mentioned the three most overrated musicians of all time without a doubt.
1. Jimmy Page & Robert Plant
2. Thom Yorke
(if we are talking about music in general, and not only within the borders of Sup Forums)

You're an idiot.

Beethoven did things that made it possible for music to change. If you think he is overrated you have simply no idea how to access music. Even people who were composing at the same time as him did not allow the same type of "diversion he did in order to inspire the next 90 years of music that came after him.

Dave grohl

anyone from gorillaz

Marilynmanschon

>anyone from gorillaz
>gorillaz musically is a one man operation
nice going faggot, or are you talking about the cartoon musicians? the ones that don't exist, are they overrated? for what?

Cartoons are real peeps, bro

m8....

wasted quints

avenus get

it's self-indulgent wankery

this is now an anti-ramones thread

holy fucking shit dude

this is the most correct answer

Led Zeppelin to be honest.

Leave Daniel Johnston alone

bullshit.

Daniel was a bad musician but a really solid songwriter.

Radiohead obviously

Why man...

Kurt Cumain

those covers were fucking awful

couldn't agree more

I've seen a million people post this pasta "ironically" but nobody actually make a rebuttal.

His argument is sound to me, The Beatles were a completely homogeneous boyband and they explicitly sold out and changed their image to be more popular.

couldn't disagree less

Stop with the irony already

amazing

Michael Gira

holy mother of meatballs... those are 5 6s, those are quints, dude. you got quints, my fella. holy shit, what the fuck WHAT THE FUCK THAT'S FUCKING AMAZING WHAT THE FUCK THAT'S STUPENDOUS LET'S GET ON OUR KNESS AND WORSHIP THIS COMRADE he deserves blowjobs and all the pot in the world and all girls and cute kittens a huge collection of vinyls from Warp Records and Tori Amos flock of red pubic hair so that he smokes it and gets maybe more than quints maybe sexts or the supreme octs. my man, you are the guy!!! we adore you, I think I can say for all of Sup Forums that we genuinely adore you and we'd love to have a beer with your highness.

Frank Sinatra
Schubert
Louis Armstrong

Come at me grandpa faggots.

One hand I think Daniel Johnston deserves being kind of a great american songbook for twee pop and related genres but at the same time I have never heard a cover that is better than the original of any of his songs.

Beatles
Elvis Presley
Prince
David Bowie
U2

(1990s: Radiohead, Pavement, Guided By Voices, Beck, Moby, Aphex Twin)

>all popular musicians are overrated
sasuga desu senpai

obviously

wow someone hates joan cornella for no reason

Beyonce

Fuck yes. The Ramones are shit and Iggy & The Stooges deserves all of the "Godfathers of Punk" bullshit that these edgy faggots always get.

The Ramones are fantastic pop musicians.

Tom Petty had some great hits though user.

I don't know the most overrated but i know the most underrated

>U2
Agreed. What did they do other than that "Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah" song?

If you're not joking, Joshua Tree is an amazing album.

They look like faggots now and they looked like faggots then. Christ the 70's and 80's were terrible.

Well first off, Duke Ellington was one of the most famous and best-selling jazz musicians of his day.

Boy is awesome too.