ITT: If I liked (album) what would you recommend

Loved this album

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u0pS0N_Vy4A
youtube.com/watch?v=yjzghCqccG0&ab_channel=Tarentel-Topic
rateyourmusic.com/list/martians_egg/irregularity_error_knockout_or_200_most_demented__villainly_childish__grossly_illiterate_and_erraticly_obliterate__cunningly_circus_freakish_acty_and_pathologically_herky_jerky_lpep7/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You'd probably love the album "Floater (deluxe edition)" by the band Floated By Hitler.

circulatory sytem

I've listened to other Tobacco and BMSR releases, this is my favourite

The Beatles
The Beach Boys

ffs I've been trying to find someone with a falsetto like the lead or a band with the pop-rock/electronic type of grooves for weeks

I've already listened to their entire discography, b sides and all, but I haven't been able to find any band like Everything Everything

there aren't any

This, Loveless and Birth of a New Day

maroon 5

youtube.com/watch?v=u0pS0N_Vy4A

>Loveless
are you fucking serious? just google shoegaze flowchart

try sparks

pls

no thx tbqh

Already gave their albums a few listen throughs but I'm not feeling it. Maybe they'll be a grower

>22 albums
where exactly would I start with them

anyone know anything contemporary that is like this album, but more energetic?

Maroon 5 do sound like everything everything

Check out the Beatles

Wonderful album :)

Check out Nostalgia For Infinity by Sound Of Ceres! Definitely has elements that give me a similar vibe.

but muh patrician tastes

I guess I'll just start with their oldest stuff first

Dead Cities, Red Seas & Lost Ghosts - M83

How much Elephant 6 have you checked out other than this? Someone else recommended Circulatory System's s/t, which is a fantastic rec. I'd also recommend The Sunshine Fix - Age of the Sun, The Frosted Ambassador s/t, and The Black Swan Network - Late Music, Volume One

I need more albums like this and ITCOTCK, I tried steven wilson's other stuff and porcupine tree but they're not really clicking for me. Both of these albums have a pan flute in them if that helps.
Yes I'm new to prog.

i got it on my list

*sorry meant flute, not a pan flute

try wild beasts - two dancers

jethro tull - thick like a brick

Jethro Tull - Thick as a Brick, Aqualung

King Crimson - Lizard

Genesis - Selling England by the Pound

please

start with their glam rock era then move on to their synthpop and baroque pop albums

All these months, still have yet to find anything that sounds remotely close to this album

This might be a stretch OP, but if you haven't heard Weird Era Cont, you should definitely check it out. It's similar in that fuzzy psych rock is juxtaposed with other bits where you can't help but just wonder how the fuck they're making the noises that they're making.
Seconding this

I really dig that kind of pop.

sims 2

Ok...

Dan Deacon - Gliss Riffer

try this?

This is one of the best things I've heard in my life

Yeah I like Dan Deacon, don't really see the connection between that album and PW though

and yes I've heard Neu

You realize that both the immediate preceding studio album in their discography as well as Panda's most recent solo album, both sound like Painting With?

I always felt Dan's stuff was the closest to Centipede Hz, but even then they're not extremely similar, and the similarity to PW even less well founded.

sweet trip - velocity design comfort
spc eco - 3D

Closer to MHTRTC but this album is effectively Boards of Canada with vocals.

this shit is fantastic

you might like Beat by Bowery Electric

>PBVSGR
>One song with hocketing
>Wow painting with sounds so much like this, Panda got so lazy!
Nah m8, they're not alike and that album was trash. Also you need to clean your ears out if you think CHz is anything like PW.

Pls give me more post rocky space rock.

cap'n jazz
toe
Tera Melos

don't bother with any other modern emo if you like the guitar work, listen to math rock.

Tarentel - From Bone to Satellite

youtube.com/watch?v=yjzghCqccG0&ab_channel=Tarentel-Topic

>Shoving THIS MANY WORDS into my mouth

It isn't just the hocketing, it's the instrumentation. The types of synths they use. I'm not saying they're being lazy because Panda is bringing the soundspace he is currently in to the group - he did exactly the same thing with Person Pitch and Strawberry Jam.

>Also you need to clean your ears out if you think CHz is anything like PW.

>What is the Burglars
>What is Spilling Guts

Try actually listening to all three albums before posting about them.

not the same, but Antlers and Dismember Plan do the falsetto things sometimes.

If you haven't heard of this band, please listen to them. Reason nobody knows about them is because of the language barrier. Both their releases are amazing. Haven't found anything that quite has the same scope of ambition as they do. Help?

Yank Crime.

this

I've heard LRD, they're pretty good

but maybe something a bit less focused on drones? still noisy but more structured and melodic, i guess

Do you like Suicide?

EIAFUAWN - Birds in the Ground

yeah, although i haven't listened to them in a while, gonna do that now

good rec though, something along those lines

Hum.

Might be a bit on the rocky side, but w/e.

Blanck Mass
to a lesser extent, The Terror by flaming lips

Other than Talking Heads and Lemon Demon

I'm really in the mood for chillwave music that I haven't heard before. Can somebody give me something similar to Dive by Tycho?

i find blanck mass too chill, i love the noise of FB, will check the terror

Thanks m8

King Crimson - Discipline? Hard to match their oddball aesthetic and music though.

I disagree wholeheartedly. PBVSGR is so drenched in reverb that every sound ends up spilling into one another while PW is comparatively direct and rigid. The beats and melodies are also a lot more prominent on Painting With, while PBVSGR had more of an emphasis on repetition and grooves. Also the Burglars is the only song on PW that sounds anything like CHz and that's literally only because of how manic Avey gets at the end. Centipede Hz was all about insane excess, Painting With is relatively sparse and is clearly a lot sunnier/poppier/more danceable.

also check out yellow swans

this is really really good, ty

also pet sounds and maybe itaots, i just want something with lots and lots of weird instrumentation, song oriented

I love the Native American inspired instrumentation

If I liked:
+The Smashing Pumpkins - Gish
+Yo La Tengo - Painful
+The Flaming Lips - Clouds Taste Metallic

You might like Boces by Mercury Rev

I know man and cool I'll check them out

Is that King of Limbs

I do
I need more noisy druggy psychedelia from the 90s

James Chance & the Contortions - Buy
The Plot to Blow Up the Eiffel Tower - Dissertation Honey
and Coughs - Fright Makes Right
are kind of similar, but I need more.
And preferably more similar to pic related

try stereolab

Mi Ami
AIDS Wolf
Guerilla Toss

Very underrated album, as they were a typical britpop band before this.

daisuck & prostitute
ponytail
boredoms
black dice's early stuff b4 they went electronic

Other Olivia tremor control
Major organ and the adding machine

this whole list nigga
full of demented shit like that

rateyourmusic.com/list/martians_egg/irregularity_error_knockout_or_200_most_demented__villainly_childish__grossly_illiterate_and_erraticly_obliterate__cunningly_circus_freakish_acty_and_pathologically_herky_jerky_lpep7/

Ive listened to a lot of other emo albums, but none of them make me feel the same as this one did

Find a more splendid masterpiece.

Protip: you can't.

This, especially Jellybones

b u m p
u
m
p

Yuri Gagarin - Yuri Gagarin

Specifically the experimental noises and avant-garde influences mixed with catchy pop sensibilities

Apart from their other stuff?

Specially liked 180db_, CYRCLONT14 and produk29.

So I get that this thread is dead, but wth still gotta try. Don't know how many of you actually have listened to this album (not to sound elitist). Give the first song a listen and see if you canrec me something similar. Thanks senpai.

Try Apples in Stereo and Magnetic Fields.

i really need help on this one

pls respond

Help me out Sup Forums