In what proportions does rock music owe niggers?

In what proportions does rock music owe niggers?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VNn71y4OFt8
youtu.be/1U40xBSz6Dc?t=204
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

who cares
we made it better
meanwhile they moved on to rap

WE

It literally doesn't matter. Do you think Henry Ford lay awake at night worrying about how much he owed the guy that invented the wheel?

Everything. The world owes everything to nigs. They gave us all the art, culture, advancements in society, technology and every other aspect of life. Actually, the earth wouldn't exist without niggers. They created the earth.

All genres of popular music - blues, jazz, rock, hip hop - are a production of African culture.

Chuck Berry, Jimmy Hendrix, Miles Davis, literally all of them is all black

Prove me wrong

That's not a related subject at all.

>PUNK WUZ BLACK YO
>BEETHOVEN WUZ BLACK YO
>BACH IZ BLACH YO
>GREGORIAN CHANTZ WUZ NIGGORIAN CHANTZ YO
>ROMULUS AND "UNCLE" REMUS WUZ RAISED BY A BAD BLACK SHEBITCH

White people are disgusting. They do nothing but steal. That's why I never feel bad when i'm stealing from them, it's par for the course.

>Ford

WE

This is a poorly phrased question as it assumes that the influence of the influence of rock music was also from people of African origin. The influence genres for rock (negro spirituals, ragtime, blues, jazz, folk) has no one precursor of influence as these stylistics were influenced from a mixing of several cultures in America (mainly Scottish/ Irish/ English) alongside the remnants of African culture (moreso in the use of mellisma and the rhythmic aspect than solely melodic) which created the prototype for the American Folk Tradition which developed into the Popular Tradtion which influenced Rock.

So to answer your question: African people haven't influenced music as much as is emphasised though they clearly have influenced aspects of.

A very interesting way of trying to dodge the fundamental point...that none of it would have happened without African people producing African music.
You're also ignoring the fact that the Blues, Jazz, and Rock all started as principally black disciplines.
It seems you've read the information and rejected its conclusion because you disagreed with it.

You have to go back

>African people producing African music

African music is primarily rhythmic whereas Scottish/ English/ Irish folk is Melodic and Rhythmic and have several styles of Acapella (such as Sean Nós) as well as accompanied. Without the UK and Ireland there would be no Folk tradition as we no it as many poor immigrants from these islands were in close vicinity with Blacks and through latent exchange of culture sprang forth a new stylistic of folk; American Folk.

>You're also ignoring the fact that the Blues, Jazz, and Rock all started as principally black disciplines.

That were all influenced by American Folk that were all influenced primarily by the UK and Irish immigrants.

>It seems you've read the information and rejected its conclusion because you disagreed with it.

I'm quite versed on the topic, I'm not saying that Popular Music is devoid of influence from African people merely it's over stated.

we own niggas everything

No YOU have to go back.

Like everything else, not as much as they think.

>African music is primarily rhythmic whereas Scottish/ English/ Irish folk is Melodic and Rhythmic
No shit, I already knew this.
>Without the UK and Ireland there would be no Folk tradition
Africans would have kept drumming and kept singing without UK and Ireland.
>That were all influenced by American Folk
An influence that's inconsequential considering the primary influencer, African rhythm.

You have a naïve look of history that says "Because isn't 100% fact, it might as well not be true."

It's not a related subject, it's a metaphor

It's a metaphor with no relevance to the topic.
A better comparison would be if Henry Ford saw a person making Model T's, made one himself and then all of white culture went to his and decreed him the end-all-be-all of the Model T.

Basically what the other trip is saying:

>Because there were white slaves along with the African slaves, slavery was not an African struggle.

Ignoring the part of the story where whites were a far more insignificant percentage than the mass subjugation of African peoples.

>No shit, I already knew this

Doubtful as if you did you wouldn't try to overstate the influence of the African repetoire.

>Africans would have kept drumming and kept singing without UK and Ireland.

The African vocal tradition is based mainly on Modes which are mainly Atonal compared to the Diatonic and Chromatic scales, it's doubtful that this would have changed unless outside influence (from the UK and Ireland) were introduced.

>An influence that's inconsequential considering the primary influencer, African rhythm.

You're assuming that "African rhythm" is the superseeding form of rhythmic influence on the American Folk tradition and that UK and Irish folk had no real rhythm when in fact the UK and Ireland has as much as an influence on Rhythm as Melody, African's have more of an appreciation for it but metred form is not unique to Africa.

>You have a naïve look of history that says "Because isn't 100% fact, it might as well not be true."

And you shift the goalposts, if a statement isn't true than the "fact" is also, consequentially, not true. I never said "Rock was never influenced by African people", merely it's highly overstated, though clearly you have personal attatchment to this issue that you can't separate and feel you have the superior knowledge, so congragulations on ignoring simple axoims.

english please

>>Because there were white slaves along with the African slaves, slavery was not an African struggle.

That's a good misrepresentation of my argument, I haven't come here for two years but I recognise your name so I don't know your gimmick but if it's anything but "intentionally aggravating for the sake of controversy" you're doing a good job.

There was a significant proportion of poor "White people" alongside the proportion of African Slaves. What makes this argument of yours more banal is that you ignore that Irish/ Scottish and Welsh people were kept as habitual slaves in their own country for years.

>mfw Sup Forums becomes /racism/

>Modes which are mainly Atonal
Modes are not atonal, and atonal would not be capitalized. I'm questioning where you got your information, because you certainly didn't properly study this.
>You're assuming that "African rhythm" is the superseeding form of rhythmic influence on the American Folk tradition
Because it is.
What Scottish rhythm led to: youtube.com/watch?v=VNn71y4OFt8
What African rhythm led to: youtu.be/1U40xBSz6Dc?t=204
Surely you understand the difference?
>I never said "Rock was never influenced by African people", merely it's highly overstated
"Because African music is not the 100% influence, that means it's heavily overstated."
I'm not saying European folk traditions played 0 role, but that trying to equate such traditions with the level of influence from African music is borderline racism to support your own side. It's an irrational, illogical reading of the facts.

The best rock music is made by black people or descended from 50s black RnB (The Velvet Underground)

This

...or the automobile...

...or when the revolutionary war was...

Off topic, but a harder stance needs to be taken with grown blacks speaking in ebonics. If I'm pulling in a Wendy's drive thru to order a freschetta sandwich or some shit and all I hear on the other line is some illiterate teenager mumbling into the microphone, that guy should lose his job. It's your fucking duty to take my order, motherfucker.

Sup Forums is a friendly board!

Is it really so hard to understand black people or are you just racist?

>Modes are not atonal, and atonal would not be capitalized. I'm questioning where you got your information, because you certainly didn't properly study this.

Many Modes are atonal in comparisson to the modern scale system which is what I said ("mainly Atonal COMPARED to the Diatonic and Chromatic scales maybe you should read what I wrote instead of inserting your own views, plus semantics is the lowest form of arguing

>Surely you understand the difference?

OK now I know you are David Byrne tier conspiracy theorist claiming that the "African Canon" superseeded Western Canon. Gershwin would have been influenced from the Popular Tradition as well as Art Music, the Popular Tradition being influenced from the American Folk Tradition which had direct influences from the UK and Ireland. You're assuming the conclusion continuously stating "African Rhythm is the be all and all of Popular Music" which simply isn't the case.

>I'm not saying European folk traditions played 0 role, but that trying to equate such traditions with the level of influence from African music is borderline racism to support your own side. It's an irrational, illogical reading of the facts.

That's a cop-out argument to make, "racism" isn't a counter argument for something you can't refute. You're blindly making statements that have no basis.

Which black guy did Slayer rip off?

Racist

MUP DA DOO DIDDA PO MO GUB BIDDA BE DAT TUM MUHFUGEN BIX NOOD COF BIN DUB HO MUHFUGGA

Jimi Hendrix

Why would you listen to anything besides classical?

>ayo hol up
>*ehem*
>auuuuuuggghhmmm
>ehehehahahahebehaehae so u be sayin' we wuz kingz n shiet?

So you're racist then

Classical is a Period/ Stylistic, you're probably reffering to Art Music.

I don't think so Tim

>plus semantics is the lowest form of arguing
"Please don't point out I have no actual academic background behind my racism."
>Gershwin would have been influenced from the Popular Tradition as well as Art Music
Were you saying this because you were unsure of it yourself? No fucking shit he was inspired by both; Mendelssohn was inspired by both too. The stylistic differences between the two produced works of European culture and American culture are so striking, however, that you MUST note the significant influence on the part of African culture/music.
>That's a cop-out argument to make
You certainly haven't disproved it. You've said nothing of profundity in this conversation.

You're a Wikipedia/armchair racist, relying upon cursory knowledge of a topic in order to try and convey intellectual supremacy. It's quite funny, really.

I'm not that guy but yeah

What are you gonna do about it fagboi

>racist

FUCK you.

>

Do you know how I know you don't know any black people irl

Yeah, that guy's a fucking racist. I have a black friend and he doesn't talk like that.

It's funny because I'm actually half black and if I'm not called a racist then I just get called an Uncle Tom I fucking hate myself

D A S R A Y S I S S

Black people almost always start the pop music watersheds in recent history, the ingenius initial spark of a genre.
Hip-hop could not have been created by white people
Rock and roll could not have been created by white people
Neither could jazz or blues or soul or funk.
White people always feel compelled to connect their music to an existing white tradition. Being cultural outsiders, blacks could look at music differently than whites

i bet you couldn't make that hut. So shut the fuck up pol tard living in a home you haven't built.

>believe me im actually black!! right guys?!?!?

Stop using that computer, darkie. You're appropriating my white culture.

>"Please don't point out I have no actual academic background behind my racism."

I'm classically trained for over a decade and have invested a proportionate amount of time on this subject before, though neither this nor your appeal to authority matter in such an argument.

>Were you saying this because you were unsure of it yourself? No fucking shit he was inspired by both; Mendelssohn was inspired by both too. The stylistic differences between the two produced works of European culture and American culture are so striking, however, that you MUST note the significant influence on the part of African culture/music.

I was saying this as you're ignoring the fact. You're hearing/ spouting what you want to be fact, none of what you're writing is correct, yes African people influenced the Popular Tradition but this influence is overstated and without the influence of "White peopl" (as you said) it wouldn't have developed to such lengths.

>You certainly haven't disproved it. You've said nothing of profundity in this conversation.

Coming from the person that has used nothing but opinions and fallacies I don't think that I can take you comment into consideration.

>You're a Wikipedia/armchair racist, relying upon cursory knowledge of a topic in order to try and convey intellectual supremacy. It's quite funny, really.

Again, you're resorting to a cop-out "argument" of claiming I'm something I'm not, good job, I guess.

What shitty and unfunny satire

>though neither this nor your appeal to authority matter in such an argument.
Ahhhhh and he mentions a fallacy! What a Sup Forums intellectual!
>I was saying this as you're ignoring the fact.
Oh, like you ignored the rest of the statement you quoted?
>fallacies
You're such a basic Sup Forums/reddit poster, it's funny.

report thread and move on

Ruh roh raggy

Not him but the reason you're an armchair racist is because you're arguing an obvious point
That user just said that African music was the main influence of popular music
You're just going "uhhh but white people too" when it's irrelevant to the conversation and is so obvious it doesn't need to be mentioned

Fuck Sup Forums. They want to transform Sup Forums into a circlejerk like reddit and push their retarded agenda.

I mean the only edge Sup Forums has over any other chan is that the other chans have polshit everywhere
If Sup Forums invades Sup Forums I'll probably just stop using the internet all together

Clearly you're unreasonable and think you have the information that is non-existant.

You can put your tripcode back on, it's clear that's it's you from the post you replied to and the time span in the difference.

>You're a racist
Not an argument

le two sides of le same coin maymay xddd

Africans/blacks didn't invent the guitar, trumpet, saxophone, turntable, or computer -- all of them were invented by either whites or Mesopotamians (babylon, ancient egypt)

just saying

probably tylo be chillin

A true Sup Forums intellectual!

???
nice try buddo

Racist

Instruments have little to nothing to do with styles of music

just saying

Satire? Stop using that computer, you fucking thief nigger.

Yes, we can all post from different devices at the same time and alter element, this isn't a new ``Sup Forums trick" you discovered.

>le two sides of le same coin maymay xddd
>>>reddit

That kind of ironic humor isn't funny go back to 2011 maybe you will get an upvote then

faggot

>liberal
>directing people to liberal retard land

Now I'm wondering if you're just a troll.

K buddo
Sorry to burst your bubble, but you and your shitty argument doesn't really matter enough to anybody to warrant that
Also I notice that you stopped arguing and are now pulling the samefag card because you know you lost

He's right you know

>its a "lets focus on arguing about race and pretend we're not racist" thread
I like how left leaning people think that, because theyre on the opposite side, they arent constantly preoccupied with race as much as racists are

He's right that I'm posting from multiple devices? No, he isn't.
If I were at his immaturity level I'd assume you were him with a trip taken off. But I'm not that immature.