youtube.com/watch?v=myNYucvFnbA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First 4 albums are absolute classics
Black album is pretty good for what it is
The rest ranges from mediocre to hilariously awful

Pre Black album

death magnetic is alright

Let's get this shit going

...And Justice For All>Ride The Lightning>Kill 'Em All> Master Of Puppets>Black album>Load>Death Magnetic>S&M>ReLoad

Ride the Lightning is the only one I really like.

Kill em All has a terrible guitar tone and James sounds pre-pubescent. MOP and AJFA lose the plot every song for endless new sections of riffs with diminishing returns, setting the standard for almost metal songwriting to come. In my opinion it's the worst thing to happen to the genre

Dave and Cliff were more talented than the rest of the band, but James is ok. Lars sounds like someone who doesn't ever practice. Kirk is an average thrash guitarist. Dave was fucked because of his childhood and was bound to leave the band even if he had stayed on for the first album. Dave has an extremely hard time forming bonds with people, and is also an asshole. Cliff was unfortunate and a loss of talent. James can write good music without cliff or Dave but has been getting the worst production advice. Listen to this at 1.25 speed shows that james still has talent but got fucked by rick fucking rubin's shitty production.

youtube.com/watch?v=_Z5lPY6bTqU

Also listen to the black album at 1.25 speed, it sounds fucking thrash
youtube.com/watch?v=zc3cE4pYw5I

But that's just my opinoion

Master Of Puppets > Kill 'Em All > Ride The Lightning > ...And Justice For All > Garage Inc. > Death Magnetic > Load > ReLoad > S&M > Black Album

Whoever gave Lars the idea that he could play progmetal as in AJFA deserves to be fired

I personally love load and reload

No

did you know that one of their best songs is hiding on their worst album?

youtube.com/watch?v=2yM-MZgl3Gc

My personal favourite is My Friend Of Misery from the Black album.

I remember going crazy for that particular song as a kid desu. haven't heard it in ages

MY LIFESTYLE

>not Unforgiven II

The solo at the end always sends shivers down my spine. It's a great song.

All the Unforgiven songs are great. I loved the third one.

I really like Ride the Lightning, the rest I'm not that fond of. The first 3 are obviously very influential, but Kill 'Em All has some glaring flaws and Master of Puppets, while it has its moments, is incredibly boring.

Metallica are pleb metal for normies that think they're edgy.

Megadeth > Ride The Lightning > Kill 'Em All > Who cares

S&M isn't great but I remember loving Devils Dance on that album

Yeah Devil's Dance is great.

t. blackie

youtube.com/watch?v=5bt7kAVxKfs

youtube.com/watch?v=PZOywnjMNNE

youtube.com/watch?v=UApSee_I4hs

reload is underrated imo

but """"""normies"""""" hate metallica

Both load and reload

The intro to Fade to Black still gives me chills

I know it's a cliche, but is there anything cooler than the machine gun section in One?

I had to see Korn like 6 years ago with my brother, awful performance but they did a cover of that section and the arena EXPLODED. It's just undeniable

youtube.com/watch?v=YKkfGIWwRnE

Nah most bands can't top this.

Ride the Lightning is the only decent album they've made, anyone who likes their other stuff is probably also a fan of Def Leopard and Motley Crue

lel

I expected this to be King Nothing and realized I was just a piece of shit pleb

Really surprisingly good songwriting for what they are. Very accessible and easy to get into to.

>hating on def leppard

youtube.com/watch?v=myNYucvFnbA

Had Metallica released Load and ReLoad under a different band/alias, they would be hailed as greater albums.

Anyway, their first 4 albums are classics.
I like the Black Album, but that's because it's the album that got me into music.
I also think Death Magnetic gets a lot of unnecessary hate.

King nothing is one of my all time favourite Metallica songs

I agree on all fronts. I'm a bit of a Stan though. I love all of their albums.

Because that's the Def Leppard album that everybody talks about right? That's not a good representation of the band, same situation as Ride the Lightning. Both are good albums that weren't followed up well.

>I'm a bit of a Stan though
wut

Puppets >Lightning >Justice >Metallica. The rest may be gleaned for some very good songs but they are not good albums.

This is the facts; I'm right & your wrong.

Stan = huge fan. Got famous because of the Eminem song.

First four albums are excellent

point taken, but still

>I'm right & your wrong
>your

May as well be possesive when you own it...

>Holier Than Thou 1.25x speed

Ride the Lightning > Master of Puppets > Kill 'Em All > Black Album ...AJFA > Death Magnetic > S&M > ReLoad > Load

>Black album at 1.25 speed

Holy shit.

>tfw this is the best thing they've done since Justice

How the fuck did they leave Rebel of Babylon of DM?

First 3 albums are the only ones really worth listening to. Every album after Cliff Burton died is going to disappoint you more than the last one.

This. Any other opinion is invalid.

>Album that not only doesn't have Cliff Burton's bass on it, but no fucking bass at all
>Classic

>I'm 12 and just got into metal: the opinion
Kill em all is mostly trash. Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets have some qualities but Megadeth were already shitting all over them at that point. If you are a grown man and you can sit through 6 minutes of battery there is something wrong with you. And Justice for all is different but about the same in terms of quality. Black album only has a few decent songs (wherever I may roam, my friend of misery, sad but true kinda)
Load and Reload are again not very consistent but the good tracks on those albums are very good (Until it Sleeps, Bleeding Me, The Outlaw Torn, Where the Wild Things Are, Low Man's Lyric, Fixxxer) and the rest isn't as atrocious as people would have you believe.
ST anger is a fucking classic. It's really dumb and boring but the production is great and it has a few decent riffs and vocals.
Death Magnetic just has no reason to exist. The songwriting is horrible but it's just so shittily produced it has no place in the world.

low quality bait

it's my honest opinion and also the objective fact about their discography prove me wrong

Im going to have to agree with you. Load got me seriously invested in heavier music, the first metal album I really got into. They have a real grunge vibe to them and I think they were still dirty depressed alcoholics while recording them? Either way I genuinely believe some of Hetfields best lyrics were on these two albums. Bleeding me and until it sleeps are fucking killer

Unforgiven II might actually be one of my top ten favorite songs.

I think you may have changed the way I view this album... It actually sounds significantly worse slowing back down wtf m8

Yep. In Death Magnetic they came back to that "trashy, jam-type garage band"sorta feel. Riffs was good (That Was Just Your Life is great). The song structure is okay.

But fuck Lars. He's a boring drummer. The lyrics are dumb as well, especially the LOVE IS A FOUR LETTER WORD shit.

hating metallica is for kids who got into music 6 months ago and think they need to denigrate popular acts to prove their 'superior' taste

just like hating springsteen or u2

To add, fucking ballads. They have to ballad in that album i.e. Unforgiven III (no intro trumpet snare shit) and The Day That Never COmes. In the latter I guess they're trying to get that "One" type of song structure.

But again. Lars fucked up. James fucked up the lyrics. And you get a boring ballad

dude, Dave kicked James' dog.

He deserved to be kicked, at least for us to get Megadeth. They even doubted getting Les Claypool as a bassist when Cliff died.

Ya'll forgetting Lulu and St. Anger

two most underrated releases in the metallica catalog honestly

there are no objective facts in music its a purely subjective experience and in terms of music theory all metallica albums up to the black album were pretty compositionaly sound for what they are. the overlapping point to my musical analysis is that your an asshat

What? You've got it mixed up, James kicked Dave's dog. Dave got pissed off and he punched him.