This sucks ass

This sucks ass

Did Pitchfork seriously rate this 10/10?

I agree. This album sucks dick.

Check Your Head is better IMO

Ill Communication is better than both

fully agree its really not good at all and even though they could sample anything, its not any better for it.

Beastie boys are shit

ITT Albums that suck ass
>Pic related

That's 10/10 south Africa hip hop classic

Can someone really be *this* pleb?

I can't get into it :'(

So Pitchfork is clearly over right?

They spend as much of their time retroactively putting their Official Hipster Douchebag Seal of Approval on classic already beloved records as they do discovering and pushing new artists. I have no idea why the fuck you would waste words and give a 10 to a three decade old album platinum album for any reason other than to improve the taste of the special snowflake high schooler that still genuinely reads Pitchfork but doesn't know jack shit about anything.

Listen to it again, preferably while actually paying attention. The beats are incredible and the lyrics are hilarious. Probably the oldest hip-hop album that still doesn't sound dated.

You've got a good point about the obvious classics, but I've discovered some great stuff through Pitchfork's reissue reviews, stuff that Sup Forums never told me about.

Check Your Head and Hello Nasty really are their best works. haven't actually heard Paul's Boutique but if it's anything like Licensed to Ill then it's bad. I don't think the beastie boys can sample for shit. but when I heard them pick up instruments and make those insane combinations of jazz, funk, hip-hop, and punk they immediately jumped up many levels in my eyes.

Listening to it right now, it's aged horribly.

Greatest musical achievement by South Africa imo.

you must have shitty ears then

you have a point.

i think they enjoy using classic records to lube up their penetrative power they have on the minds of young, insufferable and impressionable music lovers. i mean their following is pretty impressive, regardless of how insufferable they are as a 'magazine', and using the classics, they kind of show-off how they actually know music from before 2001. kind of transparent in my opinion, but if this young user [] found some good albums through them, then as far as i'm concerned, they are doing some good.

you have a point.

i think they enjoy using classic records to lube up their penetrative power they have on the minds of young, uninspired and impressionable music lovers. i mean their following is pretty impressive, regardless of how insufferable they are as a 'magazine', and using the classics, they kind of show-off how they actually know music from before 2001. kind of transparent in my opinion, but if this young user [] found some good albums through them, then as far as i'm concerned, they are doing some good.

At first i didn't like it, then gave it another try its starting to grow on me

Some static started in the pool hall
Hit a motherfucker's face with the cue ball
Then I met this girl she tried to gank me
So I smacked her in the pootie with a Plank, B
'Cause me and my crew were out breaking windows
The bingo, the lotto you know I'll never win those
Possession is half the law
I had my routines before all y'all
Your whole life is coming apart at the seams
You ain't nothing but a car thief biting routines
See, I'm a city slicker I ain't no townie