Rodeo

What are Sup Forums's thoughts on this album?

Love it, but it's overrated here

Anthony Fantano likes it so I like it.

BITTSM when?

Best thing rap related last year that wasn't a mixtpae

Fantano drone

I love it. Huge step up from his previous two. But I've lost a lot of respect for him for lying about the release date of his new one.

Travis has been lying about release dates since he started rapping

you'll get used to it

didn't like it after repeated listens
travis is a horrible lyricist.
still bumping DS2

>implying Future is a good lyricist

Absolute garbage

>complains about lyricism
>mentions he's still bumping a Future project

lmao

Liked it a good amount. I'm not a huge Hip-Hop listener too

>Listening to Travis Scott
>Ever

No thanks -- this dude might be the worst rapper OAT.

that would be future

good shit starting with the first song
and the beats on oh my dis side and wasted is pure fire.

huge improvement from his mixtapes wasn't crazy about the first half of the album but it immediately picked up for me when night call started. also travis is a huge biter

awful

absolutely garbage; total trash.

Then I'd be praising TPAB, ruh-tard

Fucking love it.
I think it'd be a 9-10/10 if it wasn't for 3500.

90210 is God tier, I do wish he'd use his production talents with a better vocalist/rapper but I do like it overall anyway

I think he's a nice vocalist, there's great bends in his voice and the way he overlaps vocal effects looking for texture is really nice and satisfying. Overall, his production is pretty great, he's applying that grand-pop production you'd usually link to kanye west to darker, trap songs, which is good imo.

You can't be listening to the few songs where he's the only one rapping for long though, his lyrics can get cringey and awful pretty fast, and most of the time rapping-wise he's carried by other talents around him. It kind of kills the replay value of his own music.

I'm still bumping nightcrawler and shit, but his verses on these songs are very anecdotal. He had better verses on owl pharaoh, he started relying hard on other people in days before rodeo.

I feel like a lot of himself is a shallow teenagerish fashion/social statement, he carries with him this whole aura of "I don't care what the adults say and I'm buying really expensive shit" that can get really repetitive... Great producer, bad lyricist, decent vocalist. I hope he'll stay in the industry for long because I'm pretty sure he could get somewhere great.

I liked days before rodeo and owl pharaoh better than rodeo, but some songs on there are great. Namely 90210, oh my/this side, wasted, piss on your grave...

ITT

listened to it a few times this weekend for the first time, pretty good, felt like a really sleepy album and I listened to it before I went to sleep two nights. I hate when Young Thug shouts HEY on that song though