ITT: post albums where you can't find a single flaw

this is a subjective opinion before any of you faggots shitpost

it's also the objective truth

It's just fucking perfect

I just love it so much

OP here, i love this album too but i don't find it perfect if only for Lover's Rock and Four Horsemen. these songs just stand out as filler to me.

fair enough

>sounds like it's recorded in a dumpster
thanks phil spector

this honestly

i've tried to find flaws but i literally can't find anything wrong with this album

it blows my mind how good this is

Lets Go Away For Awhile...that song...
the swelling strings before the diminished chords that end the first section are so expressive. You know what moment im talking about...

Prove me wrong

I seriously can't find anything wrong with this album. I know it's pleb shit entry level whatever but I just find it perfect front to back. Even Too Long (it IS too long but it's so good I dont care)

Pet Sounds is perhaps the most overrated album ever. It’s a good album, with three incredible songs that are among their best; “God Only Knows,” “Wouldn’t It Be Nice” and “Sloop John B.” “I Know There’s An Answer” almost reaches that level, as does “You Still Believe In Me.” But that’s it. It’s not that the remainder of the songs are poor, it’s just that they’re not all that incredible. Combining that with the somewhat baroque production, you’ve got a very good but very flawed album.

What accounts for the lionization of Pet Sounds? For starters, there’s the story of Brian Wilson, the tortured artiste who battled his own demons and his own band (Mike Love fought him all the way on it) in making the record. Then, after producing Pet Sounds, he finally cracked up, a victim of too many drugs and trying to top Sgt. Pepper. It’s the kind of stuff that myths are made of, and it’s an irresistible story line. Secondly, there are Wilson’s production skills – which have been blown all out of proportion. (Wilson’s true production moment of genius was “Good Vibrations.”) Brian Wilson was a great producer, but listening to Pet Sounds you hear the heavy influence of the true master producer of the era – Phil Spector. Wilson literally worshipped Spector and learned everything from him. Reading lots of the over the top rubbish about the production on Pet Sounds, where Spector’s name is barely ever mentioned, you come to realize that there are a lot of people in the world who no clue as to Spector’s influence on Wilson. (The Wrecking Crew, Spector’s house band, played on many Beach Boys’ songs). And finally, the record was a (relative) commercial failure at upon release. So then the narrative becomes the misunderstood genius that is underappreciated after he becomes a “serious artist.” If you were going to write a indie rock biblical fable, it doesn’t get any better than that.

this album has no flaws whatsoever

>know

these, and also pic related

Honestly, this

know is one of my favourite songs on the album

agreed. while it isn't groundbreaking, it's just a load of really catchy rock songs. nothing more, nothing less

Do you have a favorite track? Mine changes every time I listen to this album - I love it.

This just brings me to another planet every time I listen to it, it's fucking beautiful.

dead finks don't talk is a consistent favorite that sometimes switches with needles in the camel's eye or blank frank, but every track is a solid 10/10

The album runs for a good length and every song is in the right place. No filler, every track was perfectly crafted, even the camera eye. What all accessible hard/prog rock should be

correct

nick drake and daniel johnston are the only two people i have heard that accurately portray depression without even trying

>Oh cheeky cheeky

Driving me backwards is my current favorite

Yeah while he does make some bad movies, at least Adam Sandler could make a decent album.

Correct good job

I think it's pretty groundbreaking, it inspired a lot of garage rock after it

And it's got a sound that I don't think any album had before or since. Just fucking great riffs and heavy drumming. Riff heavy garage rock. The Strokes I guess do a similar thing but their style is obviously very different, being from NY instead of Sheffield.

Kasabian are perhaps the closest British band, and they are pretty good. Just not as good as the Monkeys though.

ahhhh so good

>Oh naughty sneaky
Driving me backwards is great, i how he screams "CRRRAAAAAZZZZY" towards the end
On some faraway beach into blank frank is so jolting, i love it

this

filler: the album

has to be the closer, mate, how good it feels to soar

Only flaw is The Big Ship is used in every shitty "arty" indie movie

yeah...it does...golden ratios are sweet

i know there's an answer is literally the weakest song on the album

Their last album since David Gold died right before the release. Makes the album that much more powerful.

prove me wrong

>you can't

Has been this since I first listened to it.

>inb4 EP

Boring. Lyrics is all over the place (what do you expect form Neil Peart)

>kinda dumb lyrics I guess

I think it the second half isn't on par with the first four songs. For me, that's a flaw.

The melodies are too simple, everything is 4/4, the guitar riffs are very easy, it's not groundbreaking in any sense, the lyrics are awful. I think there's a lot wrong with this

>This just brings me to another planet every time
user, would you say that
when you listen to it
that it brings
you
to
Another Green World? :^) :^) :^)

This. Every time I go to re-listen to it I'm afraid it hasn't aged well, but as soon as the first measure of the first track hits...

Brian Wilson did Phil Spector better than he ever could. Want proof? Go listen to Pet Sounds then go listen to a string of Spector hits back to back. Jump between the two if you must.

>that proto-shoegaze of the title track
>LIIIIIEEE LOOOOOW, LIIEEE LOOOW, LALALALA
>Fripp's solo
10/10

yes. and the best part? it isn't even AnCo's best

The Way Young Lovers Do is shit

so simple and so much emotion, it's perfect

yes, it's super fun, non pretentious rock. the best of the garage rock revival of 00s

it's such a masterpiece, such a lovely alien album
i used it a lot when i was trying to develop synesthesia

kind of, but Siberian Khatru somewhat lags behind the two preceding tracks

Goshen and The Peacock make me cry

My choice is Yo La Tengo's Painful

I can't put my finger on why, but I never could get into these album or Painting With but I love Feels and Sung Tongs. I actually feel like this is one of their weaker albums.

I mean realistically it's just rock but it's sung with a northern accent

>momrock

I'm serious, this is probably QOTSA's best album to date. Much more experimental and groundbreaking than any of their other songs.

topkek

We All Stand is the only song I don't like. Everything else is perfect.

Perfect Circle is legit one of the best songs ever.

>implying an album has to have songs in fucking 8/3 time to be good
>implying a good album has to be groundbreaking
>implying lyrics are relevant at all

k

I think I'm the only person on earth who actually thinks too long is the perfect length

if you're actively looking for "flaws" you're listening to music wrong

Not him, but some people just get bored and need a little bit of variety to stay interested. I don't necessarily revere complexity, so much as variety.
It's like sentence structure. Nothing but simple sentences is just as unenjoyable to read as nothing but compound/complex sentences. Gotta switch it up

good choice!

this is my favorite album - not just from bowie but of all time

i will say tvc15 is a bit lacking in depth if theres any complaint to be had but its still a catchy tune

ye boi, reat production, songwriting, performances, yeah!
here's an HD version for you!

a new world record is my vote

while i'm not sure if it's my FAVORITE elo album (time and out of the blue are big contenders) i can't think of a single flaw. i love every song on the album.

I Love A Magician, Girl O' Clock, are pretty bad honestly

but the rest of the album is 100/10

>talking shit on tvc15

The best album ever made.
It's fucking perfect.

Love this album, but it gets too angsty at times.
Great album imo, idk how memorable it is but it's a lot of fun.
Despite being a 9-10/10, some of the tracks are definitely flawed here.

I honestly can't imagine anyone not liking this album.

i love it but word on a wing is a zzzfest

>perfect depictions of sexual frustration
>pretty bad honestly

They’re a bit hectic, but they have their place in the album.

It's good.

>inb4 "wtf i hate unwound now"

>Girl O'Clock
>Handcuffs
tru

truth as fuck

try shaving your lionized neckbeard

drummer sucks

kek

I will fight anyone who says otherwise

gotta love them garage band samples with all effects turned up 100%

can say that I liked this album a lot

Eh, Not Gibbard's best work.

Been listening to this for years and still can't find a flaw. If anything it just keeps getting better.

Agreed
There were a couple of tracks I didn't like as much but overall amazing album
Agreed
Agreed
pretty much the benchmark of any hiphop album to me
I'm proud to own this on vinyl great pick

Dear god how do people like this shit.

Paul is the most overrated song writer of all time. The only two decent tracks on the album were 90% Lennon's work.

This. More people should listen to this album
Runner-up: "Grand Ledge" by Paul Baribeau

best album of the year, holy shit