/classical/

Anti-bogposter edition.
Post your favorite music from German speaking composers and your favorite German speaking performers.

>General Folder #1. Renaissance up to 20th century/modern classical. Also contains a folder of live recordings/recitals by some outstanding performers.
mega.co.nz/#F!mMYGhBgY!Ee_a6DJvLJRGej-9GBqi0A
>General Folder #2. Mostly Romantic up to 20th century/modern, but also includes recordings of music by Bach, Mozart and others.
mega.co.nz/#F!lIh3GRpY!piUs-QdhZACFt2hGtX39Rw
>General Folder #3. Mostly 20th century/modern with other assorted bits and pieces.
mega.co.nz/#F!Y8pXlJ7L!RzSeyGemu6QdvYzlfKs67w
>General Folder #4. Renaissance up to early/mid-20th century. Also contains a folder of Scarlatti sonate and another live recording/recital folder.
mega.co.nz/#F!kMpkFSzL!diCUavpSn9B-pr-MfKnKdA
>General Folder #5. Renaissance up to late 19th century.
mega.co.nz/#F!ekBFiCLD!spgz8Ij5G0SRH2JjXpnjLg
>General Folder #6. Very eclectic mix.
mega.co.nz/#F!O8pj1ZiL!mAfQOneAAMlDlrgkqvzfEg
>Renaissance Folder #1. Mass settings.
mega.co.nz/#F!ygImCRjS!1C9L77tCcZGQRF6UVXa-dA
>Renaissance Folder #2. Motets and madrigals (plus Leiden choirbooks).
mega.co.nz/#F!il5yBShJ!WPT0v8GwCAFdOaTYOLDA1g
>Debussy. There is an accompanying chart, available on request.
mega.co.nz/#F!DdJWUBBK!BeGdGaiAqdLy9SBZjCHjCw
>Opera Folder. Contains recorded video productions of about 10 well-known operas, with a bias towards late Romantic.
mega.co.nz/#F!4EVlnJrB!PRjPFC0vB2UT1vrBHAlHlw

>Crudblud stuff
crudblud.sjm.so/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V7JXiyihNJY
youtube.com/watch?v=AeKKgPEE8AY
youtube.com/watch?v=VKcxcoNUd-s
youtube.com/watch?v=LmuIXdYzg_4
youtube.com/watch?v=QG-B8inb9YE
youtube.com/watch?v=VELPD6FVylA
youtube.com/watch?v=CKUvvI_Y66s
youtube.com/watch?v=Bq5qtpEXDAw
youtube.com/watch?v=5lxs2EWDYBo
youtube.com/watch?v=UfIpl0cbTeM
youtube.com/watch?v=OHVVujGECOM
youtube.com/watch?v=a9vvaQ97CWc
youtube.com/watch?v=kJjHAsxgvNw
youtube.com/watch?v=FekWw9qB-ac
youtube.com/watch?v=5fmp_DQGN-8
youtube.com/watch?v=b2KlYc56Ano
youtube.com/watch?v=6dG-xsleNTk
youtube.com/watch?v=4DTXAGGPFrw
youtube.com/watch?v=i39yf0OHXG8
youtube.com/watch?v=qa78V3uEA3U
youtube.com/watch?v=fIvDLe5Tf-E
youtube.com/watch?v=LWZ4rzeOB28
youtube.com/watch?v=85xinek5doQ
youtube.com/watch?v=1bf0-LT6EZg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what are your favorite solo suites

>tfw I made that original image probably two years ago

Well I don't usually post in classical but I feel like I have to now.

So what's your favorite movement from each of Bartok's string quartets?

I'll cheat and say the 3rd since that's technically all in one movement.

youtube.com/watch?v=V7JXiyihNJY

my favorite performance featuring an underwater piano

Bach is great!

youtube.com/watch?v=AeKKgPEE8AY

petzold

>tfw you download classical music and its properly tagged
though i do find the act of properly tagging it via musicbrainz manually satisfying in its own way
also i think i might be autistic

petzold

>b
>o
>g

Which Tristan und Isolde DVD should I go with between Ponnelle/Barenboim (1983), Konwitschny/Mehta (1998), and Chereau/Barenboim (2007)?

Karajan '72

I'd go with Mehta between those three but they're all good enough imo

I'll probably actually listen to Furtwangler (1952) later but thanks for the recommendation.

where can I find some Classical music on Flac?

any of them are fine for a first listen, i don't think there are any particularly GOAT performances on DVD. i first saw it via one of the Barenboim ones; they had silly outfits.

>DVD

too slow in my opinion.. but plenty of people like it. good Legge production and great singing.

I didn't include the one with the silly costumes, though it's supposed to be good otherwise.

I went with DVD's btw because it's nice to have some visual context for a first listen of an opera

yeah i agree. it's what i do with most operas, unless they're unlucky enough to not have a good production on film (someday, Oedipe. someday)

and because of that Wotan is forever wearing a business suit in my mind.

>and because of that Wotan is forever wearing a business suit in my mind.
and Alberich; a fedora

I'm also avoiding modernized and otherwise weird "Regietheater" productions for that reason, though I might look into some later, such as the very odd but cool-looking Alden/Mehta Tannhauser

youtube.com/watch?v=VKcxcoNUd-s

youtube.com/watch?v=LmuIXdYzg_4

youtube.com/watch?v=QG-B8inb9YE

youtube.com/watch?v=VELPD6FVylA

>Oedipe
Enescu shill pls go.

Never

Yeah i'm a classical man myself: Mozart, Bach, the list could go on...

Those guys are pretty good.

Yes, I love Beethoven!! Little Night music is my favourite piece of his!

further prooff............................................

Don't forget Vivaldi omg

Yes, I love all of Vivaldi's saxophone concertos

>yfw Bach's chaconne is one of the best pieces of music ever written
youtube.com/watch?v=CKUvvI_Y66s

youtube.com/watch?v=Bq5qtpEXDAw
youtube.com/watch?v=5lxs2EWDYBo
youtube.com/watch?v=UfIpl0cbTeM

You don't like to watch operas? I prefer the live performance to just the music. If you don't know the language then you get a good feel for the story still.

How do you tag Godowsky's Chopin etude studies?

pleb here. what do i listen to if i really like pachelbal's canon and vivaldi's four seasons.

Am I pleb or is Parsifal Wagner's best?

Bach orchestral suites

i'm right there with you dude, my mind was completely blown the first time i heard it.

speaking of baroque music, what are the best recordings of handel's oratorios?

This good?

"no"

Why is being a flutist such suffering bros?

>gould
lol

Is he not a worldwide renowned pianist for a reason?

>worldwide renowned
So is Karajan. That is not a guaranteed way to recognize quality.

both

Not sure if this is the right place for this but, does anyone know where I could find the french lyrics to Arthur Honegger's "Judith ?" I know a bit of the language and want to try to follow the story of the piece in the original language.

not too bad, good spread.

>worldwide renowned
so are countless shitty pop stars

Awful piece, even by Bog's standards. It loses momentum and dissolves into negative scope after like 2 minutes.

youtube.com/watch?v=OHVVujGECOM

That was terrible.

plen

who the fuck are you? it's an incredible piece. who has done solo violin shit better than bach?

iktf

lurk more
classicalpippo9 dot com

petzold

Doesn't have much competition in the arena of solo violin comp since there isn't much music written for solo violin after the baroque period.

It's a pleasant listen for the most part. No harmonic shifts, melodic gestures, phrase manipulations I haven't heard ad nauseam ftom Bach elsewhere.

Bump

Bog

I like watching them fine, but most of my favorite performances are on CD, not DVD.

too many old memes

>too many

None of those recordings are that old and are in good quality.

Crazy playing on the Petrouchka here. Rubinstein was always so much more adventurous and interesting live.

many are old enough

?

I've been accepted to art school. Will be studying music and piano starting at beginner level. It is for information to all.

>Will be studying music and piano
My condolences.

The piano is the best and most advanced instrument available to express musical ideas.
What's wrong with it?

You'll be living off food stamps and welfare is what's wrong.

if you're going to school for the pleasure of it then all the more power to you. you're not going to make a good living from music

Well I just skipped all of part 5 of Freedom and the Arts, not really interested in the literature part of the book.
Am I missing out on anything from this? Rosen is insightful when it comes to music for sure, how is his review of lit?

LOL yeah you should go into STEM instead. Fuck the Liberal Arts, they are for worthless pieces of shit.

>1
1st.
>2
3rd.
>3
n/a.
>4
4th
>5
1st and 5th are tied.
>6
2nd.

Can anyone rec me a great recording of Bach's cello suites?

I have been listening to Pablo Casal's recordings from the late 30's and while the musicianship is excellent the grainyness of the sound and overall low recording quality is bothering me a bit.

Maisky

>no golberg variatiosn
wtf the fuck

Thanks for the rec, I'll check it out.

Do people here not like the Goldberg Variations or Glenn Gould's recording of them?

My favorite Beethoven song is II. Allegretto but I always skip that boring happy middle part

Ignore the chart in Get Queyras.
A lot of posters here see Gould as an eccentric, who makes questionable decisions for seemingly no good reason. Though he has his moments.
I haven't listened to many Goldbergs myself but I liked Yudina's and Robert Hill's. I've heard pic is good too but haven't listened to it myself yet.

Goldberg Variations is not great by Bach's standards

>Post your favorite music from German speaking composers and your favorite German speaking performers.
youtube.com/watch?v=a9vvaQ97CWc
youtube.com/watch?v=kJjHAsxgvNw
youtube.com/watch?v=FekWw9qB-ac
youtube.com/watch?v=5fmp_DQGN-8
youtube.com/watch?v=b2KlYc56Ano
youtube.com/watch?v=6dG-xsleNTk
youtube.com/watch?v=4DTXAGGPFrw
youtube.com/watch?v=i39yf0OHXG8
Sorry for being late guys.

>An arrangement for several instruments, however, would have been unthinkable during the composer’s lifetime, as many of the fugues are written in what was called “antique style,” an alla breve texture that was never used at that time for anything except choral music or a solo keyboard.
Goebel's AoF BTFO.
Still waiting for a choral rendition of the AoF too.

Too late, I already grabbed Maisky's version. I've just been getting into classical recently so I'm probably not well-versed enough to pick out details in different recording artist's versions of the pieces, but I might take a look at Queyras's version later on. Just out of curiosity, what makes you prefer his version to Maisky's?

Well I have already listened to Gould's Goldberg and loved it, so if that's not great by Bach's standards I guess I have some great stuff in store.

Pls don't bully the Goebel.

Yeah... except for the fact that most people who are actually qualified to judge consider it one of his greatest, if not his greatest, work of all.

Where the hell is Schütz and Zelenka?

Czechs are fine too.
youtube.com/watch?v=qa78V3uEA3U
youtube.com/watch?v=fIvDLe5Tf-E

Don't trust that chart. It's shitty poly picks. The Grumiaux is good though, although the only reason he likes that is because I showed it to him.

youtube.com/watch?v=LWZ4rzeOB28

was schnittke the original meme musician?

>posting Zelenka's orchestral works instead of his responsories, masses or litanies
Further proof Zelenka is underrated.
youtube.com/watch?v=85xinek5doQ

nice bait

i want to spoon with poly

I've shilled his choral works plenty of times already, user-chan.

>was schnittke the original meme musician?
Who is Vivaldi?

Haydn was a memer

My favorite version is

Someone other than Pachelbel.

STOP IT
DON'T BULLY HIM

You could have posted his trio sonatas, or some new scans. I think SLUB actually have most of his manuscripts scanned now.

>You could have posted his trio sonatas
Those are to Zelenka as the Meme Seasons are to Vivaldi desu.
Here's something non-meme
youtube.com/watch?v=1bf0-LT6EZg

I really really like this pic