Explain to me. Seriously why Math Rock ISNT the best genre and why we shouldn't have Math Rock Generals

Explain to me. Seriously why Math Rock ISNT the best genre and why we shouldn't have Math Rock Generals

Pro tip: you fucking cant

stop forcing this shitty meme please

Art rock exists

>why we shouldn't have Math Rock Generals

Because most of the people that like Math Rock are more into other genres and releases in the genre are fairly sparse

because it treats music like an exercise in technical complexity rather than an aesthetically considered craft.

And your post is still wrong because TTNG are not math rock. They might borrow the interweaving guitar lines and complex signatures but they fall more definitively into indie pop/soft emo revival categories

Stop spamming this shit. I like math rock but the reason those generals exist is to contain fanboys who would otherwise spam their bullshit. Math Rock isn't popular enough to warrant it. Hell, /emoe/ died recently I believe. If an emo general can't be sustained neither can a math rock general.

Well generals are cancer and nothing good ever comes out of them so there's that

prog for even whiter brained people

if thats possible

I love that album
10/10 would seed it.

Because, being a genre rooted in technicality, it's hard to fuckin make, and thus isn't made often. As well as this, it suffers from the same problem as metal in that 80% of its bands will focus solely on learning to play their instruments, but won't be able to write a song for shit. This is mostly fine for metal, as you can find a metal band under every doorstep, due to teenager appeal. Mathrock doesn't have that as much.

Also, it draws hate from people who think it's wanky.

I love mathrock.

it didn't die, its just on hiatus.

It's not exactly a emo general, as it is a general emo thread.

if that didnt make sense to you smd

don't you call me a cant you wanker

because after finding the capable guitarists the group realizes that they have little skill in anything else. Why there are only two or so good math rock bands with passable vocals and even ttng has replaced their vocalist

>Also, it draws hate from people who think it's wanky.

It is wanky though. That's the entire point of the genre. You either love it for it's wankiness or hate it for it

Who /animals' vocals > later vocals/ here?

I hate the attitude where entire genres would be superior to others, theres good an bad in most genres.

To spark some discussion : Does anyone else think that battles - mirrored sounds too much like circus music? I don't dislike music that is quirky, but after having listened to it a few time the gimmick kind of wears of.

in my opinion gloss drop and the ep's are more playful and much more fun. While mirrored feels forced at times.

Stop doing this shit dude, it's like the third thread you make between this days.
Stop being so insecure about your taste in music

Mirrored felt like it embraced the quirkiness of their music while everything else they've done has played around it. That's probably more due to Tyondai's influence than anything

>wants a mathrock thread
>posts ttng as op pic
you just fucked it up lad.

hardly even math rock

TTNG is less math rock. It's twee tumblr-core indie in 13/8

Tera Melos is better and they have Liturgy levels of self warranted importance as a band that "transcends labels"

Nice digits

>Liturgy levels of self warranted importance
You say this like it's a good thing

I saw ttng on saturday in NYC, and the guest guitarist told someone in the crowd to fuck off and get out after he almost fell into the equipment while crowd surfing, which was pretty based

That show would have been godly. I saw both TTNG and Giraffes? Giraffes! last year and they both killed their shows

Yea, it was fucking rad. LITE and G?G! put on such an insane show. Their sets were hype all the way through.

Shake my dick?

Someone post the TTNG comic

>Complains about no enough Math Rock for the third time
>Posts TTNG

man I have that album sitting in my library since a week ago, is it good?

It's twinkly mathy emo. It's probably the best the genre has to offer. Not OP, but I love the album ymmv

Im not even who you responded to but its suck my dick ya fukin retard

listening to it right now, it's pretty twinkly

the only good math rock band is Tera Melos.

Because it's excrement.

>TTNG comic

I've never heard of this, plz someone post

Newfag detected

I listened to it again and I guess i don't like the singing mostly, even though that's a dumb reason. The instrumental songs are fine. It just not an offputting sound to me. It's way to much for me.

I listened to it again and I guess i don't like the singing mostly, even though that's a dumb reason. The instrumental songs are great. It just not an offputting sound to me. It's way to much for me.

Cumskin inbred honkey detected

oops i fucked up, my browser was being weird
I did change a word betweent two posts for some reason

You mean Henry mylets?

Last time I saw him live he looked like a really cool guy but I can imagine him telling someone to fuck off.

How did they react?

I hate anything having to do with math

Extremely boring. Most bands have horrible vocals.Did I mention it was boring?

>says its boring
>would rather listen to his 4chord Kiss songs

I'm lamo'ing at your life right now

I agree with this. Hank is a nice dude and I've met him about twice now. But man animals is just better than 13.0.0.0.0 in every way.

There was a recent show where the original singer got on stage and sang for a bit, I wish I was there. I found the dude on instagram once but hes got a wife and kids now, it would have felt weird to follow him since hes barely famous anymore

iirc they make a lot of their own shit, like speakers and peddles. This was around 2012