Moon Shaped Pool

Now that the dust has settled... can we all agree that this is a pretty forgettable album?

I don't think it's forgettable, it's just a very quiet and reflective album. It's not mind-blowing, but it feels very human for Radiohead.

Not my AOTY but it's a welcome addition to their catalogue imo.

as much as i love radiohead, i have to agree

its decent. nothing really stands out too much on it for me

First post best post

I said it when it came out. Its good.... but its just a generic Radiohead album. Sounds like In Rainbows 2.0

This albums is my AOTY. Just because it doesn't have an exciting "banger" like idioteque does not make it boring, which I think is what a lot of people are concluding.

To me, it is a very prismatic, psychedelic, dreamlike, and gorgeous record. I've listened to it about two dozen times and I'm still enjoying it.

Fuck no, nigger

This album was pretty good, actually. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

You cant tell me some of these songs didnt' have you zoning out in boredom

My ratings change all the time for Radiohead but as of today it's:
Kid a > AMSP > OkC > Amnesiac > IR = TKOL > HTTT > Bends > Pablo

These two have never heard a Radiohead album

>AMSP > OKC

Some of us aren't teenagers with ADHD, so no.

Like I said, the order changes a lot, OkC is usually number 2 but for about a week now AMSP has edged it out

i like it, probably in the top half of radiohead's discog for me

morgan delt and goat will both release more prismatic, psychedelic, dreamlike, gorgeous records this year.

I bet you like to listen to Houses

That picture....

Is that David Byrne?

It was mind blowing for me.

you must not be into music.

the album is pretty much garbage. it's alright if you are some teenage girl that STILL enamored by the tepid alien moaning of Yorkie and the Radiodicks, but anyone who's heard good and isn't tone deaf recognizes the complete lack of compelling melody or rhythm that isn't made up for by the million dollar production that cloaks this feeble turd. Burn the Witch is a horrible fucking song. There are literally bootleged amnesiac outakes with better material than this album. If a moon shaped puddle has proved anything it is that Jonny Greenwood needs to get off of this sinking ship before he shoots another great guitar solo into the drain they slowly circle on the sticky current of Mr. York's creative output.

fuck this comment. there is more 10/10 music that exists out there than you can possibly get through in your lifetime, you do NOT have time for this album unless you are a radiohead completist/dickrider

AOTY, expectedly.

It's so good that it makes TKOL, an album that i adore and have defended on numerous occasions, actually look weak by comparison.

How do you know that you don't have time for the album before you listen to it?

no but do you have something I could eat?

there's an angry avant-teen in this thread

no

dont get me wrong listen to it first, then dismiss it because it's mediocre

close but only 2/3 of those comments were mine, that's like a D- in some schools

100% agreed. it's not revolutionary or anything but it's quite good. I wouldn't say it's "forgettable" (even though that doesn't neccesarily equal less good) I would just say it's less memorable than some of their others

shut the fuck up

Guaranteed everyone bitching about this album was shitting themselves when Kid A was released, but if they had been aware they would have shit all over that album as well.

It makes me so sick that the Radiohead fanbase has devolved into a bunch of teenagers who just jumped on the bandwagon because it's a critically acclaimed band

They don't give a shit about how Radiohead changes with each album and evolves their sound in new and exciting ways, which has always been their appeal

and now when Radiohead releases an album that sounds different from anything they have released previously all these fuckers are turning around and calling it "boring." Like fuck off. This is why In Rainbows, the most samey album Radiohead has ever released is held so high by these fuckers. They don't understand that the brilliance of Radiohead will always primarily be their ability to innovate and change.