Music Library Application

just wondering, what does everyone use as their music library? i use iTunes and was wondering if anyone uses an alternative application/software, and why.

I've been wondering this myself. Bumping for interest.

hump

I use foobar2000 generally
I only use iTunes to put shit on my ipod

>censoring your library
pleb spotted

Ive seen a lot of people use Foobar2k and I tried to use it, but it sucks donkey dick. I only used it now and then as a spectrogram.

it doesn't suck donkey dick, you're just unwilling to put the time into it to make it nice
try musicbee instead

I've tried every other media player and always get drawn back to foobar.

Bruh why put time and effort into making it look like what I want iTunes to look like (for example).
Like seriously tell me two good pros that make Foobar2k better.

insanely extreme customizability in both appearance and functionality and not being a bloatware piece of shit like itunes is
also seriously, there's no reason to use itunes on windows with musicbee around, go try it if you haven't

OP here. I use iTunes because i personally really like the way its laid out with the album covers, etc. Is foobar2k any better, and is there anyway to make it look like iTunes?

>all that garbage except Beck

Anyway, less resource usage, more customization, ability to play more than the 3 codecs Apple lets you, a staggering number of neat add-ons, not adware.

Good thing u blurred your
Albums,
We know ur a pleb though

Good points, thanks for the input.
Those are just there as an example. The Beck EP is obviously superior.

K, but iTunes is right there whereas Foobar you gotta dick around. For the minimalist, iTunes wins. Also the album layout is superb.

I made Musicbee look like it's come straight out of 2005 but I like the practicality of it's layout and how it can handle my library quite comfortably

wHAtever floats your boat

>Is foobar2k any better
in pretty much every way by a mile other than looking pretty as soon as you start using it
>is there anyway to make it look like iTunes?
yes, but unless you go download something somebody else has already done (which you probably could) it'll involve a lot of work on your part. if you want something that's fairly easy to get looking/running nicely and runs better than itunes, musicbee is the choice for you as it requires a lot less fiddling.
album layout I'm pretty sure can be done in foobar with enough dicking around, and while you're right that it takes a large amount of fiddling with foobar to get it somewhere you like I certainly wouldn't call itunes a better minimalist solution than it.
essentially, take the advice I gave above and get musicbee. foobar is the best music player out there, and musicbee is a close second that involves way less fiddling by default and is just a good, easy solution.

MusicBee is oretty good. im going to start using it. how do i get the albums to be spaced out and layed out like in itunes? at the moment, my album list is on the left side. thanks

i use iTunes because Im a macfag.

Used ncmpcpp but couldn't configure the media buttons for it. I use it when I want music but using heavy applications.

Pic related: ncmpcpp current setup

I'm not at my comp right now and it's been a really long time since I've messed with it so I can't give direct advice, but I got it like what I want (including that) just by going through every option in the options menu until I liked what I saw. it should be pretty easy to figure out desu
also make sure to check the forums for other skins and plugins, they're pretty nice

thanks

>couldnt configure media buttons

Install mpc and go to where you configure keyboard shortcuts. Then assign 'mpc toggle', 'mpc stop', etc. to the correspondent media buttons

Also, if you have an Android (doubt it tho, there might be an iTunes alternative) install MPDroid and configure mpd for streaming and remote control

>install mpc

whoops found why everything was kinda broken. i only got mpd ncmpcpp. Also gave up on terminal apps since iTerm was a bitch to configure with colors. :

customizability
able to play most forms of audio files

alright so i found out you can just dwonload themes so thats what i did, but im wondering how i can completely hide the side bar with albums on the left and the "now playing" on the right...

pretty sure they're both fully customizable and hideable
in fact, at least for my version it has buttons on the thin strip between the library view and the control bar to open and close both of them

Mpd with ncmpcpp as a frontend. Nothing better.

found it under "configure layout". you just untick everything under the section. god bless you.

Windows Media Player

I'm not even joking, it's perfectly serviceable player that does everything I need, why would I want another?

AIMP for the longest time and even more so now that it doesn't look like complete shit anymore.

You can do that with foobar too you know.