/grimes general/

Discuss the nicest Canadian artist in the music biz, Claire Boucher (aka Grimes).

Leave your opinion on her music
- What are your thoughts on Medieval Warfare?
- She's only playing at festivals for the rest of her tour. Anyone catching any of these?
- Who would you like to see her collab with?
- Rank/rate her albums
- Post yout 10 favorite Grimes songs

>best
>runner-up
>worst
>underrated
>overrated

Video of the day: youtube.com/watch?v=dtpJgxt6p9Q

Try to keep it music related, and be nice to Grimes!

Other urls found in this thread:

asherpenn.com/interview/grimes/
youtube.com/watch?v=GiytI-br2yc
last.fm/user/chairmandore
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>medieval warfare
wtf I hate men now

-thoughts on Medieval Warfare?

>are you hard?
yes
>do you want me?
give hana
>can you kill a career with a song?
yes

>thoughts on Medieval Warfare
"Haha watch me guys, I can make a generic trap song just like everyone"

Wrong answers. Try again.

FYI it's "are you hot".

She's really aiming for my Amygdala with that subliminal word pronunciation isn't she. It really does sound like "are you hard?" tho, are we sure she didn't lied about it after the fact.

pretty sure
why would she just lie

She knew her hardcore fag fans would be forgiving and the explicit version would reach the most normies via sex symbols.

why does this thread get posted every single day?

grimes has a vagina and she wouldn't like you for saying this.

So her statements about Medieval Warfare pretty much confirm that she's bisexual right?

You will live to see her banana ram a granny, that I promise you.

why exactly do you think that

I mean she made out with a girl once
in some interview she said yes to having been with a girl

Sorce on the interview?

looks like its time to lay low until the creep posting stops.

good round of threads lads. see you in a few days...

I am not condoning this creepy sexual shit but

I just imagined something like a cartwheel of the succ

googled it and found this immediately
asherpenn.com/interview/grimes/

I've often wondered what the story is behind that tattoo on her scalp...

Because everyone loves Grimes

fuck grimes, tell me all about animejames instead.

some weirdo cunt

fuck animejames, tell me all about James Brooks instead

I know of the youtube channel

he's animejames
he's also, in the meantime, her butler

i think medieval warfare is ok

>tell me all about James Brooks
he's an ex-musician

now he's a combination of an assistant, a butler, a teamster, a bouncer and a boyfriend. he's the only one willing to put up with her memes.

why is she so obsessed with totoro

because he is cute, just like her.

>tfw Circumambient isn't in the current setlist for Grimes' live shows

damn

>tfw Go is

only thing that can satisfy her sexual desires.

Because Grimes is the artist of the decade. Such a relevant artist deserves daily threads.

because being creepy af is funny af

>best
kek
>runner-up
kek
>worst
everything
>underrated
kek
>overrated
everything

Your post is invalid for using the childish and stupid word "kek". Re-evaluate your life.

You used it as well. Which invalidates your post, too, bucko

do you monitor this thread 24/7 you freak?

Hey, I just got into Grimes and I've only listened to Art Angles. Although I like some moments just a bit too poppy for me. Is her older stuff the same way or is it different?

No. It was a quote, so the word wasn't mine. Your post is invalid yet again.

It's still electronic, but way dreamier and less pop. Give it a listen to Visions, maybe you will enjoy it.

right now going through Visions for the first time
on track 12/13, shit's honestly sick as fuck

i think you would enjoy Visions

Wait until you hear Halfaxa and Geidi Primes...

Yeah, imo VERY different (although not in such a way that you can't tell it was made by the same person - it's a very interesting phenomenon.) if you don't mind giving yourself genre whiplash I'd suggest checking out her first release, Geidi Primes, and then try continuing through her discography from there. Experience suggests that if there was something you liked in one of her releases, you will find more things in the others.

He better check her discography in reverse order, because she became more pop with each release and he already started with Art Angels.

Thanks, dudes. I'll do it in reverse.

Visions is her the least sick album

Cool. And don't forget about Darkbloom EP (only the first 5 tracks are by hers) between Visions and Halfaxa.

objectively false

objectively the most boring Grimes album, all these 808 are so redundant I don't really understand why exactly this album became the most popular, but I still like it

You have an unpopular opinion, pal. Nothing is redundant about that album, even the small tracks serve a purpose. I suggest you listening more to it.

hi my names the real grimes :0)
check out my new song
its best song of my career
youtube.com/watch?v=GiytI-br2yc

>I don't really understand why exactly this album became the most popular
because of p4k obviously

I listened to every Grimes album lots of times, I'm not going to change my opinion

because geidi primes and halfaxa are not even a pop music...

goddamn these grimebots sometimes so hard to reason with.

So, you're a lost cause. At least don't claim stuff like
>objectively the most boring Grimes album

There's nothing objective about your opinion.

What kind of music does Grimes listen to?

mostly shit, then she goes into mental mode:

>if these talentless hacks can make music and be popular so can I

Not entirely true. I was there: it was a strong buzz way before the P4K review. Her Darkbloom EP and her signing to 4AD in 2011 was the starting point and when Visions finally came out in early 2012, the whole music press was obsessed with it. Because the album is actually awesome and unique.

last.fm/user/chairmandore

Plus Mariah Carey, Bieber, Lana Del Rey, Beyonce, kpop, jpop, medieval music, classical music, Outkast, Panda Bear, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, St. Vincent, Marilyn Manson, The Smashing Pumpkins, Depeche Mode, Skinny Puppy, Aphex Twin, Jedi Mind Tricks, Cocteau Twins, Swans, Enya, TLC, The KLF, Nine Inch Nails, etc.

Where has she said she listens to Lana Del Rey?

In some interviews. She also opened for some of her shows.

the latest Sup Forumscore albums became Sup Forumscore because p4k gave them incredibly high score
it's pop music, just no so "poppy" as the latest

Wow, cool I love LDR too and apparently Grimes also like Taylor which I also like!

It's more electronic and dreampop than pure pop. You don't hear stuff like this on the radio.

Grimes has cool taste and she's cool about it. She never bragged about it or shove it in the face of other people like so many Sup Forumstants do.

I said that only as an answer to this bullshit and I don't really think that my opinion is objective
If you think that the first "muh objective opinion" is less bullshut than mine, then kill yourself

yes, just like I said:
>it's pop music, just no so "poppy" as the latest

>Visions, not patrician

Re-made your chart. Art Angels should be at Plebeian (it's her poppiest album, ffs), Halfaxa at Contrarian, and Visions, Geidi Primes & Darkbloom at Patrician.

(not true, by the way)

Visions is the most popular, it can't be patrician

>Halfaxa at Contrarian

It doesn't matter, it's her best album. And anyway Art Angels is even more popular than Visions. There are daily threads here because AA. Not counting that AA allowed her to play for bigger audiences.

>It doesn't matter
you clearly don't understand the meaning of this kind of charts

I understand what is about. But calling Visions plebeian is frankly ridiculous. Only half of its songs are fairly accessible.

geidi primes is patrician

Yes, it's true. You're just fighting your desires to like her and you will lose.

you're making me dislike her more with every post

But do you like her in the first place?

just made me realize
wtf i hate her now

I used to be like you user but ones day I listened to Vanessa and I was converted and one day she will make a song you like so much that you will be converted too.

i think she makes average, unremarkable, but not bad, pop music. i hate the people who post in these threads though.

>one day she will make a song you like so much that you will be converted too.
she'll have to make something that isn't generic synthpop, and preferably something where she isn't singing with her annoying nasally voice. and even if she did, i might like that song, but it wouldn't influence my opinion on the rest of her work

meant to also quote

>average, unremarkable, but not bad, pop music
Explain the critical acclaim, her growing popularity and those daily threads.

>inb4 waifufags

>i hate the people who post in these threads though.
And we hate you. Better just go away. It's not for you. Btw you should hate yourself too, you also posted here.

>Explain the critical acclaim, her growing popularity
industry manipulation and pandering

>and those daily threads
waifufags

Burst out laughing at this post.

>industry manipulation and pandering
How? Explain exactly what do you mean. Did she pay the reviewers?

>waifufags
You chose to ignore the inb4 like a twat.

> waifufag

How can a gayfag be a waifufag?

you can't inb4 in ur own first post, you need to make a new, before he post after original post

>You chose to ignore by inb4 like a twat.
that's the only reason why these threads are alive, and you know it somewhere beneath that rock-hard shell of denial and cognitive dissonance

>How? Explain exactly what do you mean. Did she pay the reviewers?
she has an EXTREMELY marketable image. if you knew anything about business and how the music industry works then you would understand that's the most important key to success.

>Did she pay the reviewers
i can't speak for all of them (i haven't even read most of them because i don't need other people to form my opinions for me) but p4k has been proven multiple times to be corrupted sellout shills who only act within their own best interest, regardless of journalistic integrity.

either way, you're using appeal to authority to prove your point which is fallacious and only proves further that you can't think for yourself

haters like him refuse to believe that a strong-willed and independent woman like her could be so successful.

Sup Forums

There are no official rules about that.

yass queen faggotry is still waifuism to be honest familia

wtf that has literally nothing to do with anything that i said. idgaf if she's strong-willed. she makes lame music.

How does Grimes have a marketable image?

Based on what criteria, exactly?

is kind of an outcast, or at least used to be
does everything herself (as a woman, nonetheless)
has severe anxiety (relatability factor)

what I came up with off the top of my head

>she has an EXTREMELY marketable image. if you knew anything about business and how the music industry works then you would understand that's the most important key to success.
What EXTREMELY marketable image you're talking about? She's too quirky to be a mainstream artist. Art Angels (her most popular album) barely sold 11K copies in the first week. She's marketable only on the indie music circles. Stop talking about things you have no idea.

>that's the only reason why these threads are alive, and you know it somewhere beneath that rock-hard shell of denial and cognitive dissonance
No. Because she's genuinely interesting, likeable and her music is awesome. People like her. Not you, tho.

>i can't speak for all of them (i haven't even read most of them because i don't need other people to form my opinions for me) but p4k has been proven multiple times to be corrupted sellout shills who only act within their own best interest, regardless of journalistic integrity.
Basically you don't have any proof, you're just bullshitting. You can't wrap your head around the fact that many people simply LIKE her music.

>either way, you're using appeal to authority to prove your point which is fallacious and only proves further that you can't think for yourself
This is not appeal to authority, dummy. When talking about artists, popularity and acclaim are important metrics. If these verifiable facts aren't good enough to you, then name some other facts to judge this particular artist.