Why is nobody on Sup Forums discussing this? It's one of the best queer pop releases of the year

Why is nobody on Sup Forums discussing this? It's one of the best queer pop releases of the year.

this is pretty good user thanx! xoxo

>queer pop
whats the difference between this and regular pop? is the album about lgbtq subjects?

>is the album about lgbtq subjects?

yep. isn't that so progressive?

>isn't that so progressive?
>how dare queer people write about their experiences!

>nothings real
Wow so deep! Like what is even reality man?

>yep. isn't that so progressive?
i guess, but it's good enough reason for me to skip over it.

>btw I'm gay xDDDDDD

Special-Snowflakecore. Into the trash it goes

How can mirrors be real if our eyes arent real?

lol what experiences? you're telling me you resonate with this crap?

I've never even heard of it. But if a white boy can sing about his feelings and being depressed or angry, I don't understand why a queer woman can't sing about liking girls or whatever the songs are about. Why are you guys so narrow minded? lol

you say narrow-minded but you clearly suffer from black-and-white thinking

Because your problems don't exist

Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make jokes like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here. It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on Sup Forums by saying stupid jokes that your little hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is Sup Forums. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a bitch. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here. Me ? heh, I'm a judge.. this place.... this place has a lot to offer... heh you'll see, kid . . . that is if you can handle it...

No, I just don't let the artists sexuality or whatever affect my enjoyment of their music.

Well, I'm not gay, but what's the difference between a gay person writing a song about being bullied for being gay and a straight person writing a song about being bullied because people thought they were weird?

Nice pasta :)

>No, I just don't let the artists sexuality or whatever affect my enjoyment of their music.

your reddit-tier rhetoric here tells me otherwise.

both are shit
I'm gay and im sick of the media portraying us as sob stories fuck off

You're contradicting yourself

Hey guys, danktony memetano here with the SHITPOST REVIEW

content: 4/10, gay stuff is a good but a tired and old bait for shitposting

Execution: 5/10 stays in character but the character is more of a caricature of your average numale

TOTAL: 4/10 apply yourself

the best part is that he doesn't even realize he's contradicting himself. this is what current normie culture breeds.

THIS FUCKING THIS DEAR GOD

>Special-Snowflakecore.
Fuck. This needs to be a thing.

is there a difference between queer and gay

Good review

I listen to artists who are gay and artists who are straight. I'm just saying I don't see a difference between them singing about stuff in their lives.

how so?

queer is more encompassing. It's kind of like an umbrella term (so it includes people who are bi, or trans)

Thanks for joining us from fumblr

Now off yourself

pic related is queer

>I'm scared of learning the definitions of words!

...Are you guys serious? tumblr didn't invent the word queer, people have been using it for decades.

You're a fucking white male

>but what's the difference between a gay person writing a song about being bullied for being gay and a straight person writing a song about being bullied because people thought they were weird
different situations, being weird is much more vague of a thing, and it's hard to relate to the problems the gay community face when you're straight
can't you just say you're bi or trans?
>people have been using it for decades.
i don't think so much in that context.

Dear God and they wonder why they are vilified

really pretty sad individual desu

>hard to relate
I guess I just don't lack empathy then. If the artist is doing a good job I can feel for their situation regardless.

>can't you just say bi or trans
Yes, but for an analogy it's like saying I'm American vs I'm from Florida

>I don't think so much in that context
Well, you'd be wrong lol

>I guess I don't just lack empathy then.

Alright it's a shitposter pack it up

Autism: the post

Christ. You'd think someone who was self-aware enough to understand their sexuality would be self-aware to enough to know how fucking ridiculous they look.

I guess that explains the heightened suicide risk though.

Are you serious? How hard is it to feel for someone even if they're going through a situation you've never gone though? If you've never had a loved one commit suicide it doesn't make songs about that less emotional?

>Outing yourself as gay or bi and having to participate in the awful shitpit known as the gay community
>Not just getting the good succ from cute twinks on the downlow

do you even gay

this

gay pride parades fucking embarrass me

Why do we even like this guy holy shit this was at least a 6/10 bait 4 people took it, memethony is so fucking wrong he only gave it that score because he hates OP. Hes a fucking hack.

those curls tho

I hope you're happy OP with calling her music Queer Pop. You derailed your own thread before it even started.

You are undeserving of Shura. Kys.

>I guess I just don't lack empathy then.
I guess I'm just a shitty person :^)

>Yes, but for an analogy it's like saying I'm American vs I'm from Florida
Weird comparison. People only really say I'm from America to someone who's from a foreign country, and that's mostly due to not expecting them to all know where specific states are in the USA.

Using Queer vs Bi/Trans is hard to compare to that situation because more people are probably familiar with the latter terms than they are the umbrella term queer, thus making it pretty much redundant.

>Well, you'd be wrong lol
Maybe in the LGBTQ society it was used that way but I remember for the most part queer was a derogatory term by pretty much everyone I knew, and I come from a very liberal state in the northeast of the US.

>this whole thread
underage Sup Forums-Sup Forumstard edgelords strike again

dubs

Does that include you?
What about these guys? (all me btw)

dubs

wasn't meant to quite be taken literally, but maybe includes the first post after me that you quoted

Noh

>he calls his own shitposts good
anthony is that really you?

I don't really see what's wrong with anyone making music about who they are. If you do, fuck off to Sup Forums please.

checked

>straight guy makes album about liking girls and Sup Forums eats it up
>non-straight girl makes album about liking girls and she is suddenly a "special snowflake"

this fucking website is like 20 years behind, i still dont understand it

And in a lot songs she says boy instead of girl so

>straight guy makes thread about liking pop and Sup Forums shitpost
>non-straight girl makes thread about liking queer pop and Sup Forums shitpost
Wow! Sup Forums really is stuck in the stone age!

nice false equivalence retard

that's albiest :/

end yourself

denying that her sexuality is an influence on her music would be worse.

I was trying to say that the thread was derailed by the idiot OP calling it "queer pop" which isn't a real genre. Its like those "does Sup Forums like heavy metal" threads, except it triggers Sup Forums more.

How?