Starting college next week and I wanna start off with a positive outlook on life...

Starting college next week and I wanna start off with a positive outlook on life. So could you guys reccomend me some patrician happy music or something mellow
Sick of listening to shit like james ferraro,ariel pink and power electronics.has made me a cynical person

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IykWbUVDWL8
youtube.com/watch?v=f9LwpTYLJvY
youtu.be/FjYFSyVF1Ks
youtube.com/watch?v=o9f0YSVHx_o
youtube.com/watch?v=Cqdv032mFbg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>starting college soon
>still unironically uses the word "patrician"
>allows himself to be made "cynical" by abject music
>asks a board full of adolescent death grips fans for recommendations
You're an embarrassment, and I sincerely hope your time at college is as unpleasant as possible.

you're not going to have any friends

just stay home

Thank you! i'll take the embarrassment into consideration

Death Grips, Swans, Animal Collective, Neutral Milk Hotel, Kanye West, Radiohead

You're going to fail at everything you try to do.

Four Tet
Caribou
Stereolab
AnCo
LCD Soundsystem
Destroyer
Modeselektor

Maybe not terribly deep selections, but they make some excellent and fun music. I associate these artists with an incredibly positive time in my life. Namely, beginning college and the beginning of a lot of lasting friendships.

Best of luck!

Juno soundtrack

Any Michael Cera core really

Tycho
Washed Out
Deafheaven
Mac de marco

I listen to all of those when I first came here and they lead me into this inauthentic irony life I live now,. but I'll revisit anco sung tongs is my fav album
Probably but atleast I tried right?

I was gonna say Tycho as well.
Also Com Truise
Die Antword
Beach House

Just listen to some of the 99% of great music which doesn't lean heavily on modern hipster irony
Like Hank Williams, or Mendelssohn, or Gang Starr

Do any of you actually listen to music you find on your own or are you too afraid to branch out from Sup Forumscore?

how fucking beige

David Byrne's later albums

I get everything from artist I like influences,rym,label websites and random youtube suggestions

>inauthentic irony life I live now

>inauthentic irony life I live now

that's your own fault for not having a personality you faggot

I shouldn't even have to tell u this. U r a otist wif 0 frenz.

funny pic
I understand and take full responsibility for my lack of personality.

your obnoxious enthusiasm is going to bite you in the ass one day. don't even bother with college.

Patrician happy music?
The Beatles, Elvis. But you probably already listen to them

Not OP, just an observer, what the actual fuck is wrong with you? Go fuck off you sad little man

that was a totally unnecessary response, and if you had any self-awareness in you, you would know that you're the one who looks like a "sad little man" here.

Fuck after think OP was turbo queer for a while I figured out that he should listen to some 90s British Big Beat for "Patrician" good vibes Chemical Brothers, Basement Jaxx, Fatboy Slim and their ilk

youtube.com/watch?v=IykWbUVDWL8

Listen to pop punk? Nigga just focus on your grades and making good life decisions don't use college as an excuse to found out if you are gay or an alcoholic. Those things will come later in life. You will never be patrician if you have to be spoon fed so just listen to fast food music and be a chill dude who is well rounded in his education.

only good reply in the thread

special mention to the ones insulting op though because he's a giant fag as per usual

I only listen to/mu/ hyped records with great reluctance, I just come here to shit post and lurk for reccs

lol, because demanding a stranger throw away their job prospects because they're an Ariel Pink fan isn't petty at all

But srsly dudes who listen to pop punk and chill in college are mad decent, not pretensious dorks. I switched majors cause I couldn't stand proof reading the bullshit (riddled with grammar and syntax errors as well as bad ideas) from my more indie peers or dorks who listen to jazz to look deep. Listening to music that is far from cool and pretensious will earn you more respect from your peers than looking like a try hard dork who only pretends to like what he listens to.

I think you're just an Idiot who overanalyzes things
Sorry if that was mean

not listening to music just because Sup Forums likes it is just as bad as only listening to Sup Forums approved music you fucking pleb

Also going to college at the end of the month.

I don't need happy music, I just want catchy shit with uncanny undertones.

Well you didn't call me a faggot so it wasn't very mean at all.

But user, pop-punk is cool

>uncanny undertones
wickedly twisted my friend
have you tried the Suicide Squad soundtrack?

Didn't say I don't listen to I just find most of it to be over hyped. Found plenty of good stuff on mu I just avoid memes

>riddled with grammar and syntax errors as well as bad ideas

this is a universal thing, everything I proof read is always shit because nobody knows how to write for some reason

I don't know how anyone gets through an English degree, I really don't. So many unsophisticated try hards, having to listen to that critical theory shit and proofing short stories sealed for me. But if you can suffer through it, good job! Now you can professional write click bait for the rest of your life and whine about the novel you will never finish.

You do realise that an English degree has considerably more applications than just writing for Buzzfeed right

Oh of course but every time I read something like that it always screams "failed English major" I actually wanted to go through with it but it became such a drag that I gave up on it. I put off switching for a year

youtube.com/watch?v=f9LwpTYLJvY

Scott pilgrim sound track

Bump for Mac Demarco. I'm a big fan of him my self. But college indie hipster wannabes will eat that up. Plus it's actually good music so.

youtu.be/FjYFSyVF1Ks
woooo
what's your major, OP?

Women Studies with a minor in Sociology

Thank you so much really good
Computer science tho I'm already regretting it lol.

Comp Sci has literally 0 passable girls but your grad prospects are solid. You'll do fine friendo

youtube.com/watch?v=o9f0YSVHx_o

you're brainwashed by depression

I'm about to start too, english major.

FATHER JOHN MISTY

IRONIC HUMOR HAPPY SOUNDING MUSIC

this desu

Why are you guys such dicks? Is it because you couldn't get into college?

have you tried linkin park?

Seconding this

youtube.com/watch?v=Cqdv032mFbg

Catchy af song

Don't listen to anything these lowlives say (in the negative sense).

The Mollusk - Ween
Pure Guava - Ween

Great records. Success in college.

Yung Lean Vektroid and Ferraro bro we ironic till we die (young) pham