mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/izlzsw0k
youtube.com/watch?v=Ntfgv5PhuwM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for adorable birds standing on guitar fretboards

p-please help

How do I practice playing the acoustic guitar Sup Forums? I can't afford lessons, so I'll have to learn from the Internet.

Mick here, hullo.

hi mick

Anyone ever seen or played a Chapman guitar? I've been watching Rob for years, and have heard nice things about them. And for the price I can't think of a better bargain.

Anyway, really got my eye on the ML1 Norseman. It might end up being my next purchace

what does /gg/ think of 12 string SGs

Absolutely not. I would never give that fat cunt any money.

I bought an sm57 and at2020 for $150

What cables do you use /gg/?

Fender custom shop master race here.

I heard the necks are hand sanded with cheeto dust.

Post your telecasters.

They are okay. I've always fucking hated the heads, although I play one and it's fine. Every 12 string head looks retarded though. (Unless it's a hockey stick head)

Literally just watch tutorials and music theory vids on youtube, maybe pick up a book with chord fingerings. Then practice till your fingers fall off, hours a day, everyday.

I've only heard the opposite, but I'm sure they're fine and it's just people talking shit.

Does /gg/ like dancing under the moonlight with polka dots dressed women?

clyp.it/izlzsw0k

>Oh look it says custom shop on it. Better buy it because im retarded and I think it will have better bandwidth and build quality, oh an it says fender too!

What kind of videos though? Just for specific songs or styles in general? And how the hell do I get into music theory?

Kek m8 chill a cable is a cable and it's what I use so therefore its master race. It's what my local shop had when I needed a new cable. Probably overpriced at $40 for an 18.6ft cable but it's quiet so fuck it.

@67027759
Kill yourself

mogami, so I never have to buy cables ever again.

what is the most practical practice method in the sticky?

do you know how to use google?

yes

Considering he's like the LinusTechTips of guitar I'd be wary. I'm sure there's a swindle somewhere here.

You start by watching videos of people explaining it, buy or check out books at a library.
As for actually playing the guitar, learn how to read tabs and start playing songs you like, tablature is all over the internet.
Now the rest is up to you.

I want to intimately violate that guitar

Thought you were one of those pricks. And yes, 40$ for an 18.4 foot cable is completely overpriced.

Don't you know that expensive cables give you better tone?

Thanks user

Got u fham

I bought an ML-1 cap10 from riff city a few months back after binging a lot of his videos and after two weeks I returned it.

Build quality is alright and it feels good don't get me wrong but it really just felt like a mid range schecter at the end of the day which makes sense because it's made in the same factory iirc. I returned it because it just didn't have the sound I was looking for but I mostly play blues and country. Bought a Telecaster instead.

Not had guitars but unless all you wanna do is play hard rock or metal I would pass.

I would say tone is a meme on guitar, but I'm not retarded. Obviously a shitty cable is gonna give you feedback and shitty sound/tone.

fender, mogami, monster, and planet waves all have lifetime warranties.
Better to buy one $20-$50 cable that can be replaced an infinite amount of times for free without a reciept (not that you will need to do that) than to buy a new $15 cable every few months when it breaks or keep resoldering it yourself.

Well good thing is an 18.6 Kek

But really it's what they had and it does carry signal well with no memory to speak of and it is quiet which is nice plus I lowkey like the tweed. I'd honestly buy another one but $40 is still steep for a cable.

Sometimes I want one of those Bullet coil cables. They are so expensive though, I'd feel stupid buying one.

It's not so much that as it is I thought he was a fender elitist fag. I know what cables to buy and whether you get a good price. But if you can buy pickups for the price of two cables, which would be more worth it? Better cables? Or better guitar sound?

"I hate money" the cable

Holy SHIT only 10 feet?!?

What's the best way of killing yourself?

Yeah senpai. "Studio cable"

Like fuck off m8 my wireless system I use on stage cost me less than that shit.

an exit bag. give me your guitars before you do it.

Make toast in the bath tub

Buying an epiphone

>$300 for a 10ft cable

Who in the fuck buys that thing that isn't an internationally known touring artist?

I'm cheap as fuck and only buy the cheapest cables at GC or on Amazon. I prefer to spend my money on pedals and guitars.

Fuck nice things

Love a girl that doesn't love you back.

You'll kill yourself slowly every single day you're alive

I know that feel.

Love me Abby ;_;

Pls...

>Go back to /r9k/

I'll check both of those out. Everywhere I look has them both for 100 which puts me at like 350 for everything but I'll see if I can get a good deal.

What do you use each one for? I don't really know the difference between ribbon mics and what types are good and whatever. Fuck, I don't really know anything about mics. Are there good guides out there for this stuff I can look up?

sm57 is a dynamic mic widely used for guitar recording
at2020 is a condenser mic, great for vocals

I bought them used

Watch youtube videos to learn about mics

Can /gg/ recommend me a good cheap practice amp with decent tone around the 100-200$ range. I want to play rock/metal shit.

condenser's for vocals and acoustic
dynamic pressed against the grill of an amp centered with speak for electric is good starting point.
I wouldn't get all into ribbin/room mics just yet, just add reverb in the mixing process for now unless you want to spend the extra money and time learning all that shit at once

Try one of those vox valvetronix amps. I have the VT100X thing is a monster it has all kinds of tones. From jazz to metal. Try to get a VT30X

Hey /gg/ should I change my name and if so what do I change it to? Gayretard is getting boring.

Orange Crush 20

VT20X was about 150. I love mine. It's amp modeler so it has like 7 or so amps to play around with many of which have good rock sound

tryhard

Throw a bit of gain on the tweed setting... mmmhm sweet crunchy blues.

Anonymous would be good

indiegaze

Aww man I just want people to identify with who I am incase they need anything. Anonymous is so boring.

I'll consider it.

>Hey /gg/ should I change my name
>Aww man I just want people to identify with who I am incase they need anything
if you change your name, how will they identify it's you. you're just wanting to be special, be an user you twat.

Why would you visit an anonymous imageboard if you wanted to have a nickname though? Don't you know about the million other websites where the gimmick isn't posting as user?

Niggerfaggot

Ill just keep it.

"I'm Gay!" -you

That's me!

try JustinGuitar.com

youtube.com/watch?v=Ntfgv5PhuwM

I learned a ton of theory/scales/etc from fretjam when I made the transition from learning other peoples songs to writing my own songs and improvising solo's and shit.

I'm not amazing guitarist or anything, just write/play as hobby but I get by alright with creating stuff I'm proud of for my level. Just learning the basics of theory stuff isn't hard and really helps you focus on writing what you want instead of fumbling around finding what works.

Alright Sup Forums, I wanna make a dream partscaster. Give me those good websites/resources for doing so.

Ebay and Warmoth, you dolt

thanks m8

I have a bunch of ideas and bits and pieces of songs I've been working on but most of them don't really have any sort of thematic connection to each other and they certainly won't when/if any of them get finished.

How do I reconcile this? If I like them and think they're worth putting out for people to hear do I just put them out all together anyway? That's what I'm leaning towards but I also don't want it to become a disjointed mess

are these weirdo fender pawn shop guitars actually good? pic related seems reasonably priced on craigslist and i like the aesthetic.

how much is "reasonably priced?"

$535

go for it if you can get it under $500. i know the guy from a band i like Shannon and the Clams uses a surf green one and it sounds elegant

How do I learn to play fingerpicking style ?
My fingers have their own mind and won't play what I want them to do.
Do you have any video or exercises to do?

You need something specific that you can practice over and over. I learned fingerstyle starting with Mess is Mine by Vance Joy. And from there, I moved onto Ben Howard's stuff.

I think his is a Pawn Shop '72. He might have both though.

I learned with Waiting Around to Die and Deep River Blues

Am I the only one who buys single strings to make my own string sets? The tension difference on bass strings is astonishingly stupid, so I just buy Daddario 40, 55, 75, 100 and 130 strings. 135 would actually be closer to the correct tension but it gets really muddy and they're not always in stock, and it's still plenty for a low B string compared to standard sets. That's the only compromise I'm making, besides that all strings are within a pound or two in tension and it feels so much better.
What pisses me off the most is that even the "balanced tension" sets Daddario sells aren't correct. That's 40 bucks for a set of normal daddario nickel wounds but it is just so much nicer to play.

>practice something for about an hour
>only improve marginally
>practice the same thing a day later
>much better

Is this how learning works?

this happens to me with piano so much. I seem to not actually get better until I have had some sleep in me or something.

I'm not sure but I know that feeling, sometimes you just need to walk away and let it set for a while and then suddenly it'll work.

That case cost more then the guitar.

Got the gist of it.
Will play until my fingers fail and then continue until I will learn a song.

While sleeping your brain sorts out all the info you learned during the day, so yeah.

Ya, this happens to me all the time. I think practicing for an hour straight doesn't work as well as splitting it up into 4x15min intervals with 5-10 mins of something else in between

Case for my pedaltrain, yo. I got a 42 inch beast. What do you got?

Hi Edupps, where's Filthy Franch and Maxmotherfucker?

I learnt more than some of my friends ever have in a year by myself online. My number one tip is to have a goal you want to achieve with it in your mind, I wanted to learn the entirety of ITAOTS on guitar so I learnt basic chord shapes from simple tracks and practised switching between them until I could play the track perfectly. With determination and a goal its not a chore to pick up a guitar and practise and it's a lot more rewarding to master a song. By doing this sort of thing you'll learn a lot of good techniques and you'll be prepared to move on to intermediate stuff.

Just find a site online that has a good amount of tabs and chord sheets once you feel confident, start with video tutorials if you want rythm etc. Also you'll get barre chords eventually, everyone does.

Be patient for cost effiecincy. Buy the body (preferably loaded fully or at least with hardware) buy the pickups you want and pickguard if you wanted a different color. Do neck last, hopefully you have a Squier or other replacement neck of some sort to slap on until you buy the big boy neck

>go to check out
>my cart looks like this

Guitar center can go ahead and fuck off.

John Cruz bout to get BUSY

It's not rocket science, that's how it's supposed to work. If you do chromatic, legato, picking and 15 other exercises together for 8 hours straight, you're hand will be fucked. You have to let it rest it to see the progress.