Is 18 too late to make it as a musician?

Is 18 too late to make it as a musician?

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/g1evunyn
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bitch your life barely just started

18 is almost 20 which is old af. Once you're 20 you start your slow descent into irrelevance. Also, musicians start very early like at 17 or 16.

I'm 20 and i have my band.
Obviously we suck, but at least i can fuck alternative grills.
Go on with it my friend.

What is the cut off age to make it as a musician?

the kind of person who asks questions like that never makes it as anything

Grimes started to make music of all sudden when she was 23. She was never a big music person until then

go back to tumblr you autistic dunce

OP here. Shut the fuck up.

Gee idk OP I think you'd be the first.

kekaroni

How about you practice or write something instead if asking asinine questions and posting fucking spongebob on Sup Forums?

I do. havent put it on band camp yet. Currently trying to find people to make a band with.

Where are you located?

Indiana

I'm pretty sure if you start learning an instrument at least by the time your 30 you have somewhat of a chance to make it.

I play guitar, piano, sing, have perfect pitch, and know how to use a DAW. I just want someone to bounce ideas with and who can play drums (percussion is probably my most lacking area)

Dylan?

>tfw I'm 29 and time keeps going faster and faster and I can feel the 35 yo deadline approaching like a heat seeking missile
>tfw I know I have the talent but lack the requisite drive and luck
>tfw the rest of my band might be dead weight but I'm too deep in to start over with anyone else

Do you really think that someone who starts his/her music career at 25 is gonna get actual recognition? Or is ever gonna have an impact on music?

>tfw when I'm 19 and I feel like I'm about to turn into an old irrelevant fag when I turn 20 next month

>tfw I'm 26 and time is going as fast as it did 8 years ago
>tfw I have the talent and drive
>tfw when the rest of band are seasoned vets who are in themselves very talented
I'm going to make it, bros!

should really be a thread general for aspiring artists to talk, exchange ideas, not just bandcamp ffs...I'm in a similar boat as you btw

>who is James Murphy
>who is Leonard Cohen
>who is MC Ride
>who is Santigold
>who is 2 Chainz

Well you're irrelevant right now. It's your job to do something and make yourself relevant.

Most great musicians made their best stuff in their 30s-40s. The only thing you lose out on starting at 18 is 2-4 years of working on music with a lot of time and no real responsibilities, unless your a NEET then that part doesn't apply.

I feel like if I started at 16 or something my music would all be shit, because when I was 16 all I did was NMH covers.

Now I actually know how to make (hopefully) good music, so starting later might not be a bad thing

I know this is an awful example but, grimes started at 18.
It's not even that late really.
Suicide Released their first album when they were almost 40. yah you lost a few years but thats not even that bad in the long run as people are saying.

The only answer to amy question like this is:

How long until you die?

this is the true answer

Besides, "making it" isn't what matters. Nick Drake didn't make it. He died living in his mom's house, but now people worship Pink Moon

Poor bloke

which part, I'm moving there in about a year. let's jam bud

The south

Ya nerds

It ain't over till it's over

Lorde released an album at 17 and it was pretty well received. How old are you now?

Start it then. I'd post.

No, not at all. In fact its primetime to start a band like I did this year.
Going to college is the best thing that can happen to you musically

So he died not knowing people actually appreciate his music. What a relief.

>Joel Little – engineering, instrumentation, mixing, production
>Ella Yelich O'Connor – vocals, additional production on tracks 5 and 10

You mean had her parents buy her into the industry?

>the best bands formed at colleges with privileged rich kids.
Boy, you are such a faggot.

18. I released an ep though

post yfw when there are people born this millennium who are already making music better than you can

Lorde's parents aren't even rich and they're from NZ how the fuck would they buy her way to the industry?

Post it, faggot.

Boy, it seems like someone is mad and posting from his wal-mart greeter stand

I hate to shill myself outside of BC threads, so I'll post the opening track on with clyp

clyp.it/g1evunyn

I'm just turned 19 but started composing full songs for almost a year. I got a tight set list of 9-10 good tracks that are ready to be played. Oldest track being made 3-4 months ago. Don't have a drummer so that's really why I haven't been able to start playing shows. Fuck. I've only gotten flakey drummers. As soon as I get one I'll be on my way to maybe playing Glastonbury or Pink pop some day :)

Decent start.

Do you ever post in Sup Forums makes a song threads? Your stuff sounds familiar.

Either way she's an obvious industry plant. Whether or not her parent's paid Joel is irrelevant. The production credits speak for themselves, it's like saying Rick Astley made "never gonna give you up" just because he sung on it and it was marketed under his name.

There was one thread where we used a roll image to determine what genre of song we'd make, and then we compiled it into an album, but beyond that, no.

I do post in Vocaroo and Bandcamp threads though, so maybe you heard me there

thank you

Daily reminder that Leonard Cohen was well into his 30s before he started making music.
If you want to make music just do it man.

this x 100

There isn't one.

Holy shit the Montieboys are a thing?!?! What instrument are you playing?

Dick

why are you so adamant that it's impossible?

It's never too late to make good music.

Making it is irrelevant. What matters are your own motivations and your drive. If you want to be a good musician, then practice a lot. It might be somewhat harder if you are older, but it's still very doable. Just don't get into it with visions of grandeur, but do it to be satisfied with yourself and your abilities.