James Ferraro

I've read every single interview and threads on the archive and still can't get enough of it.Please share EVERYTHING you know about him.Of course I'm interested about Spencer too but I doubt someone here will know anything about him.

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/41372360
discogs.com/Skaters-Body-Fusion-1/release/1929731
discogs.com/Skaters-Body-Fusion-2/release/1931015
discogs.com/artist/1092304-Edward-Flex
youtube.com/watch?v=he5KPEZt3_k
youtu.be/Te1mq2PfooQ
youtube.com/watch?v=auqMnpf3UXg
soundcloud.com/non-records-1
soundcloud.com/janusberlin
soundcloud.com/pan_hq
twitter.com/AnonBabble

he's a genius stoner

Yeah its quite obvious but I need to know MORE.

bump

This is the first time I've seen his body
Thought that nigga looked like cee lo or something

bumpo

Have you seen the movie he did called Rapture Adrenaline? I havent watched it yet but I'd like to know what you think of it if you have seen it.

Its just 90s movies trailers.I thought it would be something interesting too but its just that a whole "movies" of trailers.

Lol, I still want to see it tho

Are you the user obsessed with James Ferraro body?

have you watched the other movie he did called 'welcome to candyland'?

vimeo.com/41372360

here it is in case if anyone is wondering

how old is he? he doesn't look old

he's 31

around 29

He came to stay with my friend once and she offered to wash his clothes because he smelled like dogshit. He refused the offer, was like "nah, BB". This was circa 2008 when he had about 2 teeth tops.

Oh also he posted stuff on Craigslist looking for tranny body builders for an "art project" or something.

stacks of Rude Boxxxes in the foreground

I'm not but see him in almost every jf thread.As for me I just find his music and him really fascinating.
Yeah.Its just a short video but still interesting and the intro always makes me laugh.
Post more if you have.No matter what it is.
>Oh also he posted stuff on Craigslist looking for tranny body builders for an "art project" or something.
Its probably about the body fusion albums
discogs.com/Skaters-Body-Fusion-1/release/1929731
discogs.com/Skaters-Body-Fusion-2/release/1931015
Or anything from here.
discogs.com/artist/1092304-Edward-Flex
Also pic related probably too.
What is that?

what the fuck are teeth tops?

He probably meant missing teeth

>"I think a lot of folks make music just to make music," Ferraro offers. "That's fine. But I'm not into it. I prefer making music that's grasping for something that is indescribable."

d*mn....

ugh
i listened to some of his lo-fi stuff
and everything after far side

can't deny he's creative as fuck
but it seems to me like a hackery, ughh, his output worth one, some of albums 2-3 listens, but not more, then he reveals himself as a one trick pony
what a shame, i want to like him and i kinda do, but ehh

You just don't get it, dad!!!

>dad
meh, the fact that im 30 depresses me for real sometimes

What Is one trick pony about him?I have never seen any other artist to have so diverse discography and yet do it so good.

"grasping for something that is indescribable"

Like Nokia ringtones with pitch shifted babbling about starbucks

its okay my man we're all gotta get old sometimes

see it as experience and not a demotion

Don't worry dude. One of the employees at my local hobby store is 41, which makes him way closer in age to my dad than me

That was in 2006.He is full concept mode now.Like a parody of himself sadly.

A lot of his stuff from the lofi period was probably recorded live to tape and I don't think he had any real quality control (Probably used a lot of those tapes to pay his rent). I feel like a lot of Skaters stuff could have been edited into 2/3 decent records.

What's his most underrated song? Album?

youtube.com/watch?v=he5KPEZt3_k

My pick

>Album?
Heavens Burst Creation Horizonz-Untitled 2004
Its soooo good.

Ironic shitmusic.

All of his music relies on the crutch of being ironic, total garbage.

>ironic
Have you ever listened to anything other than fsv and hs3?

>circa 2008 when he had about 2 teeth, tops
As in he had a maximum of two teeth still in their places. He's exaggerating the amount of missing teeth Ferrari man had.

Yes I've probably heard 20 or so of his albums (or parts of them) since he was in the skaters. His music is shit, borderline comedy music.

Well the skaters is not a good start.You should listen to the wooden cupboard or any of his solo stuff.If you still can't appreciate what he did you're either turbo pleb or deaf.

starting to prefer his experimental r&b stuff than his lo-fi era
John maus and hype williams IMO does the hypnagogic pop better

NYC,hell is gonna be very influential in the coming years

bump

bimp

M A S T E R W O R K

that sounds like The Cure played through a really cheap radio, I don't see the appeal

bump

My used-to-be neighbour is a good friend of these guys. Used to hang and smoke with these guys and James's gf. First random fact: Spencer is a giant with tiny shorts 90% of the time. He is mad funny.

James is one of my biggest inspirations tell him that.

who the fuck is spencer?

I will if I see him

Please tell me more,don't tease me like that.
Spencer Clark is the other part of The Skaters

This thread started with his name as well..

I don't usually post here..
I'll just go for some names dropping & you can go and do some diggin' ;)

Bottoms of black lakes
Innercity
Dolphins into the future
Floris Vanhoof
Orphan Fairytale

There's more ..

Cool to see people who remember James from back in the day (around 2007). I cut my teeth on shows with him and artists from Not Not Fun. Always incredible, sparsely attended and noisy. Dunno why it took Sup Forums so long to discover him.

I meant about what ferraro and spencer are like in person in details.And thank you for the artists but I know them already.
Please share something about them.The thread is up for like 12 hours and I got only 2 vague posts that had anything to do with my thread.

Couldn't find the old videos from LA but the shows I attended were like this: youtu.be/Te1mq2PfooQ

So almost pure noise with Casio beats mixed in. He was a regular guy imo, always willing to talk up tapes, movies and his distain for rockers who shoot up regularly (Wavves, Thee Oh Sees). Would always smoke a bowl before and after shows but I never saw him drink much. I haven't seen him in about 5 years because I don't play too often these days..

S T A L K E R
get a life seriously
James is a chill dude. Met him recently when he opened up for mac demarco.

I can see why you would say something like that but they inspired me way too much and are the only persons I ever found that much interesting and there is almost no information about them.Anyway its 10pm here and am going to sleep after a few minutes since staying late is extremely unhealthy.

great pick

youtube.com/watch?v=auqMnpf3UXg
another underrated.

>Please share something about them.The thread is up for like 12 hours and I got only 2 vague posts that had anything to do with my thread.
I always get mad at Spencer ripping me off when I bought CDrs from him years ago but then I remember it wasn't him

>but then I remember it wasn't him
what?

sounds like ariel pink

For a long time I was confusing Spencer and James (Skaters) with Shane and Zac (Lambsbread) because it was all that big wonderful incestuous mid-2000s noise scene and I shied away from that wonderful Ferraro shit for a long time because of it for no good reason and well that's my story thanks for reading

How do i get into james ferraro?? he seems super interesting and he's often compared to OPN who i really like but i dont really know how to get into him.

What do you think he's doing at this very moment?

I recommend Far side virtual first

ok thank you

He's honestly nothing like OPN. People compare the two because they got noticed around the same time, but OPN stole his thunder.

Ferraro has more sonic ties to Ariel Pink and Florian Hecker than OPN.

Ferraro shares a few similarities, but yeah. I have yet to find an artist quite like OPN. I wish more musicians were so creative.

> I wish more musicians were so creative.
i disagree on that part and im not trying to be mean. You like opn's sound(I do too)but there's plenty of artist out right now that have their own creative sound especially when it comes to electronic/sample based music. thats really poor of you to say that

Did you read that one interview with Olde English Spelling Bee from last year? It talks about Ferraro a little bit.

Care to share a few?

soundcloud.com/non-records-1
soundcloud.com/janusberlin
soundcloud.com/pan_hq

bump

Well, I meant more a combination of serious creativity with good technical skill. The vast majority of experimental stuff out there is not nearly as polished as OPN's work.

Anything good?

>Well, I meant more a combination of serious creativity
what does that even mean? whats non serious creativity. want some examples

you couldn't have honestly listen to all of those tracks in this short amount of time?Sounding like those top 40 fans who discredit any track after 1minute of listening lol

No, I've listened/seen live most on janus and there's nothing worthwhile there, non records is ok at most, and pan was generic already in 09

fair enough what else do you like besides Opn?

PoS

it's about aesthetics

i dont think arca is nearly as good as opn but i think arca can be compared since its like super abstract electronic music but its still has emotional weight to it. also aphex.
theres definitely very little that can compare to opn tho