Is meme music not 'real' music?

Is meme music not 'real' music?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i4yj-af3Mng
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

depends. as a yung lean / death grips fan I'd say it does. But they're are people whod argue it doesn't count as real music

>'real' music?
What did he mean by this?

well it is real music in the sense that they are churning out "music", but do you mean to question if it is art? or alternatively, music made with integrity in order to prove anything other than to make sales?

hang on I'm eating a hot dog...

is lobo meme music?
youtube.com/watch?v=i4yj-af3Mng

>eating hotdogs
>2016
Fucking pleb!

Bavarian Frankfurter

Right,

Bob Dylan, Bob Dylan releases an album it gets reviews in the papers on the radio, Alan Yentob goes to the wailing wall with a film crew

Bob Dylan releases an album

but... ok, so it's a good album, and we do like Bob Dylan, he's great

but it's the Bob Dylan meme that is producing the interest

And it is that it's Bob Dylan and not that it's the album no matter how good or bad it is

so the Bob Dylan meme is overriding the music and that music by non-meme artists is a more confrontational listen

it doesn't have the gloop of sugar to make it go down

so, is it more reel?
I see the point that yes it is as... it has to work harder, but also it doesn't have the factory bolted onto it

it can have a more personal affect on the listener that Bob, can not,

>ore personal affect on the listener that Bob, ca

the problem being is that following this reasoning results in.. lots of rubbish music...

honestly, if it is an album or a release generated purely to generate sales, then how can it ever be anything other than meme music?
it will gather interest amongst people through the media and social interactions, but after a short amount of time it will die out and be nothing more than ill-conceived nostalgia in those old enough to remember it a deluded light.

although your point is that a well known and renowned artist can release an album decades after their initial acclaim, and for it to gather interest, does this make it anything other than meme music? is the release being put out as the artist is running low on funds? or is it a genuine piece of art the musician is proud of?

to add to this: although slightly cringe and I'm not a huger fan of nu-swnas, but they are a pretty decent example of a group doing it for the love of the scene rather than the money. although they will generate a shit-tonne of money through their releases and touring, it seems as if they have prioritised the touring and the fact they wanted to fuck up the establishment a little more. it just seems gira thought rock music was getting too comfy so he was just like "hey lets show them how wrong they are".

I don't think bob dylan would ever have been able of doing something like that. he is too much of a nice guy, but I think i made my point kinda clear.

>ough your point is that a well known and renowne
not quite

I mean music that is comfortable to the main stream

so , Lana , Grimes, Death Grips , most of what we post here

it's total mainstream

meme

but.... this band over here that has made 7 albums and never stopped touring and would never get posted on this board ... is the real thing

it's not dependent on a meme to flog it, it's done by force of will, it's therefore a stronger music

>it's not dependent on a meme to flog it, it's done by force of will, it's therefore a stronger music
Just because an artist is labeled as a "meme" artist doesn't mean they don't put effort into their music.

true

but...

well the more modern artists like grimes and death grips rely on their somewhat psuedo-artistic or experimental background in order to create a platform for them. initially, they need to be recognised as something slightly out of the ordinary and be seen as something not entirely comfy, which remains part of their edge over time. although they seem completely about the music, often this is only regarded as the focal point by their most hardcore fans, the mainstream will ignore this and focus on the meme they have become.

but you're right. the sweatiest bands who try the hardest and don't gather a following no matter how much they tour wouldn't be talked about here. but does that mean they are missing something? or does it mean they aren't shooting their music at a low enough level to gather media or social interest?

Every arranged sound in a themeatical way is music.
Even if you dont like it or i is spammed here

thank you Mrs Obvious

>hey aren't shooting their music at a low enough level to
Good point! notch that up on the board

I don't understand what you're trying to say.

OP literally asked if some music isn't real music, which is such a stupid question. Or when people call music they like art and claim music they don't like isn't.

it's a facetious retort as 67035532 knows we are questioning authenticity

meme music like death grips is basically just a joke

it's all a seaside novelty?

you just got memes

Meme music is just music that became popular with the mainstream. sometimes its good, sometimes its bad.

However when its bad to some people it is classified as meme music. like vaporwave, it became popular for a while and now its filled with autisms

I dont get how people could say this about death grips. Zachs been in shittons of weird groups in the past fifteen years, and never really shilled. Team sleep was only well known cause chino. Its not pseudo intellectual, experimental just because it doesnt sound like folk rock band #4365785.