youtube.com/watch?v=AlAf3YVMlag
youtu.be/5qUyEGzTF6g
youtube.com/watch?v=tnTXXIm3sW4
youtube.com/watch?v=XNbYO2rwvPc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I love it except I thought the last album was pretty basic

Is that the girl from Midori?

yep

I liked Hello Everyone Nice To Meet You, never checked out any of Midori's other stuff. I heard Goto's most recent solo album once and didn't really think it was anything special.

Casey is in this thread somewhere. I know it.

Anyways her stuff in midori is pretty cool, her solo stuff I haven't really checked out yet

this thread finally inspired me to get and listen to あらためまして、はじめまして、ミドリです。- whatever that is, and it sounds pretty awesome so far

Mariko a cute
CUTE!!!!

now that is a great album. If you want to show off to your friends it is pronounced; Aratamemashite, hajimemashite, midori desu

Just okay. A lot less people would care about Midori if not for anime tits and school girl outfit fetishes.
Her solo stuff and other band were garbage.

Agreed
youtu.be/5qUyEGzTF6g

I'd probably like it, because she's an ugly Asian girl. Ugly Asian girls usually make really amazing experimental music. It's the pretty Asian girls who make repulsive, awful pop music.

You're alive?

Of course

It's sad how we're all biased by sexual things.

Correction: if it wasn't for the fact that it's JAPANESE and even a tiny bit "experimental" sounding on a surface level, it wouldn't get any of that love.

I dunno, I still think anime tits and school girl outfits has quite a bit to do with it.

Midori
>ZERO critical acclaim
>ZERO commercial success
>laughing stock of the Japanese music scene
>only known as a meme with a very small group of "music fans" overseas

Oh that's okay, perhaps a new career choice will work out for her! Like acting
>Drama flops
>Eviscerated by critics
>Sold her soul to a major talent agency for nothing!

Solo career???
>Somehow was able to achieve even less critical acclaim and commercial success
>Lost the 53 fans she made while fronting Midori
>Quits music scene in an attempt to save face and reduce further embarrassment

W H E W

I'm not gonna lie I laffed hard at this post

I've only listened to the first Midori album, but I enjoyed it. Definitely something new, and the contrast between this fun jazz punk and the vocals was cool

Does anyone have her solo stuff?

For the life of me, I can't even find a single shred of evidence to suggest she ever went solo.

I don't know anything about Midori or this girl, but the fact that she's unsuccessful in Japan and only liked abroad isn't really a bad thing. Japan is still broadly conservative in a lot of ways, so even though some of the most extreme bands are from there, they almost always get that reaction - bands like Boredoms and Melt-Banana do huge tours through Europe and the Americas, and then they return home where they're not well-liked. Japanese people prefer bland pop rock like Mr. Children.

youtube.com/watch?v=tnTXXIm3sW4

LMGTFY

I watch some anime from time to time and can confirm this, japanese people have awful taste and only like the most bland generic stuff, even in things that are 100% japanese-produced.

I was actually talking to Agata from Melt-Banana about this. Most, if not all of Sup Forums's favorite non-pop Japanese shit are very unpopular over there.

Even an extremely influential band like bloodthirsty butchers suffered greatly in trying to tour cause their shows weren't attended in droves.

Boredoms too are very valued and respected in Japan, but no one there actually listened ot their music or went to their shows.

But hey, being famous in the U.S. must be a lot cooler than being famous in Japan, right? Being that they're huge westaboos.

I enjoy everything she's done. Would kill to see her live.

Search for 後藤 まりこ on rutracker.

Is it wrong that even though I much prefer challenging, experimental music I enjoy Midori's more melodic, simple music? This song, for example.

youtube.com/watch?v=XNbYO2rwvPc

She's might not be popular, but she's definitely somewhat "known" in Japan that person was just shitposting 2 the extreme.

It's always interesting to see Japanese artists being posted here tho cause people aren't biased by the media/"reputations" of the artist unless you closely follow the jpn entertainment scene. Kyary is the biggest example of this, huge discord between j-pop fans (she was never really that popular with them) and everyone else.

DELETE THIS

keep it in the kpop thread so it doesn't sneak past my filter thanks

i prefer wednesday campanella

Anything by Midori worth listening to besides hello nice to meet you? I listened to the one OP posted and just wasn't blown away

I doubt she was in Midori for commercial success or worried about trying to "saving face" when she does things like shave her head from time to time

I fucking love Midori and Mariko Goto is a qt but her solo music is mediocre as fuck.

how are they related? started listening to ジパング out of curiosity though and think it's pretty fun for its genre

what the fuck is wrong with her hair?

it's kawaii

kek qt gif

u got that right