Most overrated musician of all time?

Most overrated musician of all time?

pic related

followed closely by

Eric Clapton

either these guys or Queen

Dre, Eminem, Fiddy

Dre is king of beats, but sucks at rapping.
50 is king of hooks, but sucks at verses.
Em is very hit-and-miss, but when he hits, he hits hard.

Opinion discarded.

Death grips

he's the king alright, he relies on slaves to do all his work

shut the fuck up

rolling stones, queen

>Look at me guise I have an objective opinion about music

name one actually good eminem song. hes average at best and usually just embarassing

but still seconding the beatles

On this board? Kanye.

Eat a dick. Also Queen is GOAT.

Stan is a hiphop classic and The Eminem Show is a classic album

>musician

The Rolling Stones deserve all the praise they get you retard, more than the Beatles

Grimes, DG, Kayne, Radiohead.

Renegade, Dead Wrong, Touchdown, Who want it, I can be, Above the Law, My Darling, Elevator

Not even mentioning obvious ones like 'Till I Collapse and Just Lose Yourself (inb4 spaghetti)

Bob Dylan, The Doors, David Bowie, Herbie Hancock, Radiohead, Van Morrison

oh and Frank Zappa

Everyone else in this thread is correct, except the Op.
Unless you're black, which I'm not, you can't really understand Tupac's contribution to the black community.
People love him because his rhymes were tight, sure, but Tupac is considered the greatest because he was one of the first to really use his music as a vehicle to talk to the people, and tell everyone that they need to get their shit together.
'Changes' is the most conscious rap song that's every been put out hands down.

>name one actually good eminem song

I'm curious what rappers you listen to nigger?

Tupac was a self-pitying idiot who didn't actually live half the shit he rapped about
Biggie is miles ahead of him in every way, especially lyrical depth

go back to your trailer park cletus

How did Biggie a shitton of other rappers not do that?

straight from reddit with that taste boi

He's a modern day tyga or drake he's only seen as special because he was the first to do it. Just re isten to interviews with tupac he wasn't a very bright guy

I could name 20 eminem songs off my head that are better than whatever shitty rapper you could try naming

cletus, this board is 18+

Typical Kanye lines:

>And yes, barely PASS
>any and every CLASS
>looking at every ASS
>cheated on every TEST

Literally the first throwaway Eminem line I found
>I'm just a hooligan/ who's/ used/ to using/ hallucinogens/

I know Eminem has a lot of shit songs/albums, but that's hardly surprising if you look at the amount of work he has created in his career. The dude is talented, no amount of your edgy contrarianism is going to change that.

Oh is it? Maybe I should be trolling and contributing nothing like you are?

>the way I am
>be careful what you wish for
>berzerk
>rock bottom
>say goodbye hollywood
>kim
>criminal
I could go on but I'm pretty sure you've already realised your opinion is discarded

kanyes line is way better lmao

just quit playing with the scissors and shit, and cut the crap

cherrrryyyy piiickkkinngg oh my god
Penitentiary chances, /the devil dances
And eventually answers /to the call of Autumn/ All them fallen/ For the love of ballin'/ Get caught with 30 rocks the cop look like Alec Baldwin

Why don't you killyourself you underage faggot some of us actually come here to discuss music.

It isn't even a line. It's 4 lines and they each have the same elementary school singular end rhyme. And even that, he manages to fucks up.

Em's one simple throwaway line is literally more complex than Kanye's four lines.

Because honest to god as a person who has listened to everything that both Biggie and Tupac put out, I have no fucking clue where you're getting lyrical depth from Biggie.
Bigge was absolutely more technically skilled, and his storytelling is top but Tupac had the bigger impact because he put passion in it.

Biggie turned on the wit, but he never talks about real issues like Tupac. Anything Biggie said about 'the streets' was ultimately self centered.

"no"

love is evil spell it backwards i'll show ya

Lady Fagga, Bieber and Nippleback

eminem is truly so awful that his fans who are either trailer park trash or eastern europeans still wearing g unit clothing get angry when you post his own damn lines to them

>escargot/my car go/160/swiftly
>I'm tired of being poor and even worse I'm black/my stomach hurts so I'm looking for a purse to snatch
Hurr

>Herbie
What the fuck, Herbie is the shit

Bullshit biggie had a huge impact on east coast rap and did it in half the time it took 2pac. I can maybe name 10 tupac songs worth listening to again over a 1,000 song he actually made. Now compare that to biggie who had 2 albums? Biggie was on the street selling crack while pac was in art school....

His music is cheesy and his playing very mechanical and soulless
Miles Davis > Herbie Hancock by far

There isn't enough shit-talking of Tupac going on ITT.

Let's be real, his whole "I'm so smart and deep" Machiavelli shit was corny as fuck. At least Biggie had the decency to go all in on being a savage nigga and make no apologies for it. Pac couldn't decide whether he wanted to be a poet or a gang-banger, so he half-assed both.

David Bowie

"Escargot" doesn't rhyme with "my car go" you retard. Unless you only put the emphasis on the last vowel like:
>escarGOT/ my car GO
which would make it -once again- an elementary school singular end rhyme

If you want to make it a multi (like any decent rapper does since 2000), you can't use the esCARgot/ my CAR go/ rhyme because when you pronounce "escargot" you put the emphasis on the ES and GO part so would need to also rhyme the ES part to make it rhyme. Since ES doesn't rhyme with MY, this isn't the case here.

>Hurr

That's the entire bar though.

N I R V A N A

I

R

V

A

N

A

The fact that Tupac used gangsta rap as a vehicle because it was the popular thing, and the fact that he was educated do not discount his skill as a rapper.
In fact, Tupac preached against movements like the Black Panther Party, because he knew it wouldn't go anywhere. The guy was smart, and he may not have been a gangster, but he was active in the black community, he knew what was happening. And he used all of that to tell the people how to come out of it. Pac was literally a modern day Moses.

His "fans" nowadays don't like him for that reason anyway. He's got 90 fucking million fans on Facebook, most of them illiterate morons and underage children who saw the fucking hologram back in 2012 and jumped on the shameful dickriding bandwagon.

Don't get me wrong, I have every single CD ever put out, both studio and posthumous albums. I used to be a huge fan, but I came to my senses quite a few years ago, and it's evident he is EXTREMELY overrated. He didn't stand a chance against someone like Biggie, lyrically or flow-wise.

>literally a modern day Moses

Except instead of doing circles around the desert, Pac had them feeling smug while going through the circle of gang violence.

He wasn't that smart he had 11 albums and only a few good songs to show from it. Changes isn't that great of a song just look up the lyrics he's saying basic shit over a catchy beat, juicy was a more meaningful song to the black community.

>but he never talks about real issues like Tupac. Anything Biggie said about 'the streets' was ultimately self centered.

Bullshit again tupac made hit em up and your trying to call biggie self centered? Try listening to kick in the door, suicidal thoughts, skys the limit, ten crack commandments I'd debate these convey a stronger message than pac ever did

>Pac was literally a modern day Moses.

Hold up, let's talk about Changes first.
How do you consider that "basic"? He made reference to a myriad political issues that would have been above brow for his average audience at the time.
No offense here, but you must be young.
He talked about Hewey P. One of the cofounders of the black panther party, using his assassination as a symbol, saying that unity is the only way, he talked about the crack plight, he talked about the socioeconomic issues blacks faced at the time, he talked about poverty rates influencing crime rates. These are things people are just now fully understanding.

strange how you think that, for me he was a lively and colorful presence with miles, and mwandishi is so explorative

>"the beatles are overrated"

Excrement.

I wouldn't even call them overrated at this point.
Everyone I've met tears into them calling them shallow and edgy.

Had this been like early 00s I'd probably agree with you.

"It's time to fight back", that's what Huey said.
2 shots in the dark now Huey's dead.

Take the evil out the people, they'll be acting right.

'Cause both black and white are smokin' crack tonight.

"And still I see no changes. Can't a brother get a little peace?"

"There's war on the streets and the war in the Middle East.
Instead of war on poverty,
they got a war on drugs so the police can bother me"

Explain how drake, lupe, or kendrick don't completely blow him out of the water.

Because Drake is absolute shit who couldn't rap his way out of a rap-activated gate that opened to little Wayne.
Kendrick on the other hand is fantastic, but a self proclaimed student of Tupac, the same with Lupe.
So tell me, if the student surpasses the master, does that devalue the master?

overrated yes, influential yes as well

The problem here is you're still not catching the references, friendo. They don't have to explicitly say the word 'poverty' 'poor people' 'fat chicks' or 'fast cars' for it to be in reference. The whole song "Changes" is constructed as a narrative that tells the story of a black guy just trying to survive. It's reminiscent, if more subtle, of Cube's "Today Was a Good Day". Even the line "stomach hurts so I'm looking for a purse to snatch" puts forth the idea of the interconnectedness of poverty and crime. You have to remember that people were way more racist back then. The idea that block people were "evil" that black people committed crimes because it was their "nature" was still very prominent among white Americans.

My point is his lyrics weren't that deep he was saying common knowledge shit that has no depth compared to a good lupe or mos def song. Meanwhile biggie's raw and ruthelss story telling has yet to be matched to this day.

Lil Wayne is a great rapper, what u on about

The problem is that your "common knowledge" wasn't common knowledge at the time. Biggie's storytelling is always on point I'll give you that, but Pac simply had more education. He could package a message far better than Biggie could. While Biggie would say things like "I shot a motherfucker because I had to" Pac would way things like "Yeah, I shot a motherfucker, now let me tell you the history of why"

>Not one mention of this guy

Even when Oasis were good he just shamelessly ripped off other artists. The British press makes him out to be this genius, when he's a complete hack. Plus his lyrics are the most nonsensical drivel I've ever had the misfortune to listen to.

Bait.

He's better than 80% of the rappers you see posted here unfortunetly

how the fuck he´s overrated stupid ass white boy?

No it's not bait

>Queen
Fucking this. Shitty ass band with a mediocre catalog is somehow considered GOAT by retarded normies.

>em

holy fucking shit kid just shut up, you think you know shit until you grow up and cringe at yourself right now

Queen, easily

It wasn't though that's why I linked the lyrics, do you think "they got a war on drugs so police won't bother me" wasn't common knowledge to blacks? Other rappers were talking about that before him, pac was just the attractive "thug" girls loved and that's why he got so famous. Ten crack commandments is literally a guide to selling drugs how can you say biggie wasn't educated and couldn't send a message?

Alex Turner ever since AM was released. Loved Arctic Monkeys before that piece of coked up, overhyped American wannabe trash was released.

>shit-taste memerap fans calling The Beatles overrated
I want 13 year olds to leave.

Take the nostalgia goggles off, dad

Overrated doesn't mean bad you mongoloid.
If you don't think The Beatles are the MOST overrated band of all time you need to sell the 5 Beatles' shirts you bought from Barney's.

Fuck no man, everyone seems to have forgotten that 2pac mostly rapped about sex and crime.

Funny, Miles Davis didn't seem to think that considering he did some of his best albums with Herbie

Shhh, go back to your 2pac albums, suburban white kid.

t. Pleb

>I've heard Bohemian Rhapsody too many times
>"I want to ride my bicycle"
>What a shitty band lelu
>Never heard any of Queens rock operas, or early material

Fucking idiots. I'm glad you're satisfied with your rapid judgements based on a few pop jingles and never give the real meat of a great bands discography a chance. Imagine if Sup Forums judged RH's discography based strictly on Creep and Fake Plastic Trees. Hivemind hatefags deliver to themselves their own punishment. These are the people who say
>Led Zeppelin is dad rock
And miss out on some of the best substance rock has offered. Fine. Your loss.

>hey bro somebody to love is playing on the radio

THE FACT THAT

I'm a huge Manic Street Preachers fan, and the amount of people I've heard dismiss them as boring, middle-of-the-road dad rock based on A Design For Life and If You Tolerate This are astounding. They really do need to give The Holy Bible a spin then they'll change their opinions.

This. Queen is a legendary band. Even their later stuff isn't bad.

FUCKING PLEB

Louis Armstrong.

Come fight me irl.

Fag

kek