>Teenagers today aren't old enough to remember the golden age of Weezy

I pity you newfags

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zKzoMAMgNLw
youtube.com/watch?v=c7tOAGY59uQ
m.youtube.com/watch?v=rvuDegLIC1k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>newfags

you're not fooling anyone, we all know you came here straight from r/hiphopheads

sadder would be the adults here who dismiss him entirely then jack off to aesop rock

your mixtape memerap would not exist without wayne

I think Wayne is one of those rare artists who's overhated and overrated at the same time.

On one hand you've got the 'Hur Dur nigga rhymes with nigga, lil gayne, if 2pac was alive he would be working at mcdonalds' crowd.

But then you've got people putting him in their top 10 of all time. Like wtf he had a hell of a run in the mid 2000s, but at the end of the day it was just some catchy punchlines. He's also dropped some of the worst rap projects ive ever heard. (Rebirth, IANAHB 2, No Ceilings 2)

>wasn't old enough to hear doo-wop or psychedelia on the mainstream top 40 radio

I pity you youngfags

this was incredible to my 19 year old self at the time

youtube.com/watch?v=zKzoMAMgNLw

>at the end of the day it was just some catchy punchlines

he's had a lasting influence and Carter 2 and Drought 3 are legitimate classics

Not disputing that. Both are great and tha Carter 3 as well. I'm just saying his music rarely ever had any depth at all and its crazy to put him in a top 10 rappers of all time list in a genre as big as hip hop.

Its alright but doesn't hold a candle to Dedication 1 or even 2 for that matter. I don't blame him for selling out but the fact that he hasn't given the old heads any quietly released mixtape of actual bars in the past 10 plus years makes me think he's not even capable of it anymore. But yeah, lots of people say that after Carter 3 it was over but he even had some strong mixtapes after that for a short period of time. It was truly over from Rebirth on tho, theres no saving the man's career (not that it needs saving from a financial standpoint)

youtube.com/watch?v=c7tOAGY59uQ

why cant wayne rap like this in every song

That's not the carter 2

>Drought 3 over Dedication 2

really nigga?

>but at the end of the day it was just some catchy punchlines.

No one in the entire history of rap can touch his similies game. He's clever as fuck.

Even when he's not trying he's great.

>make a movie with yo bitch
>steven spielnigga

EVERY FUCKING TIME.

Remember back in the days when there were so many mainstream spots where Wayne was mentioned where they said he's top 5 worthy even the number 1 spot? And then a couple years ago the same people are saying Drake's the person on that spot? I wonder who'll be the next "greatest rapper of all time."

Drake, Wayne and Kendrick will be/are considered the best of this generation for sure.

>going to see wayne in september

I've listened to Carter 1-3, Dedication 2, and Da Drought 3.

What else do I need?

no ceilings for sure

No Ceilings is better though

is this a joke?

IANAHB2 is great, bandwagon-ing drone

"bitch real G's move in silence like lasagna"
GOAT

>But then you've got people putting him in their top 10 of all time.

He deserves it desu. No one else can spit that well and still have such mass appeal.

> he's actually proud of being an old hack

>drake
>fucking drake
drake is a fake rapper who brings nothing new

HIS TRUFFLE BUTTER VERSE THO

m.youtube.com/watch?v=rvuDegLIC1k

Why can't he spit like this all the time?